Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED: Taking payments ROUND 3!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Chill out guys :p i do remember somewhere there was stated that this kind of phenomena was due too a diode. Cant seem to remember where. Anyway if you dont like it does not mather

Awillis. If you like i can talk to kevin about the splash maybe we can work something out. Let me know if you want that!

@ bloom all the gifts were sent via snail mail. I don't know why kevin did that but it is on it's way!

Greetings :beer:

EDIT: did anyone have contact with member "gismo"? His lasers are sent back to china now because he was not home a few times!! This is very expensive for kevin but i hope nothing has happened with the nice guy! :( it is nothing for him i shipped him stuff before and he is allways super excited!

Last edited:

Got my 515 and I love it. But I did not receive my gift of other two pulsed lasers. Were the pulsed lasers also sent with the gift via snail mail?

i'm still curious what could be making this happen, it doesn't appear to be offset and the sticker was removed. it seams to rotate when I focus it. maybe someone can chime in.

picture barrowed from ZRaffleticket (hope you doing mind its a great picture.

p2180401.jpg

IMG_1784_zps92f527cb.jpg

Edit: I noticed that the top picture is from a greater distance then mine at only about 2-3 feet away.

Last edited:

ped

If I can get a good pic of my 515 then I'll upload it here, it just looks like a lens issue to me?

EDIT , the pics turned out awful because I was rushing, however, there was splash on mine...but whilst being virtually invisible to the naked eye, it showed up heavily on camera? go figure.

Last edited:
My 515 has splash as well. It's not horrible so I can live with it.
If I can get a good pic of my 515 then I'll upload it here, it just looks like a lens issue to me?

EDIT , the pics turned out awful because I was rushing, however, there was splash on mine...but whilst being virtually invisible to the naked eye, it showed up heavily on camera? go figure.

Ok... mailing the defective units back today. I thought I'd share this before they went out:

Also, just as an FYI for the group, I got an email from Kevin... the PL532-700 has a 3W 808nm in it and he confirmed I should be trying the 2x 16340 as the label states via email.

Ok... mailing the defective units back today. I thought I'd share this before they went out:

Also, just as an FYI for the group, I got an email from Kevin... the PL532-700 has a 3W 808nm in it and he confirmed I should be trying the 2x 16340 as the label states via email.

How do you like the feel of the host ?

It's good aint it :)

I'm sure things will work out for you.

Cheers, Sm.

I really was impressed with the overall construction and feel of the hosts. The feel great... My only nit is the safety pin tailcap. I'm sure there is a way to work around that with a small plug or a new cap, but other than that, I love everything about the Skylasers hosts.

ORF has been awesome about helping with communication and Kevin seems to be very customer service focused. Despite getting a couple of bum units, I would still recommend them to anyone. They are handling it quite well.

Oh, and I want to mention that the "gift" laser that came with the defective PL532 is great. It was a nice surprise.

Cheers!

How do you like the feel of the host ?

It's good aint it :)

I'm sure things will work out for you.

Cheers, Sm.

Hm. Seems I should have paid some attention here, for the splash, get some denatured alcohol and a q-tip. It works wonders ;)

Just note that mine has some splash too. I noticed the threads for the extended lenses cut off the beam a bit.

Last edited:

gismo

EDIT: did anyone have contact with member "gismo"? His lasers are sent back to china now because he was not home a few times!! This is very expensive for kevin but i hope nothing has happened with the nice guy! :( it is nothing for him i shipped him stuff before and he is allways super excited!

Thanks for your concern, ORF8582:) My excitement is stronger than ever, had to postpone it due to my 2 weeks time vacation. Now, since the tracking number tells me the package is still located in Dublin, the chances are I might get it delivered finally this week once I give the Fedex branch a quick call.

EDIT: Gave Fedex a buzz this morning and although it's a Bank Holiday in Ireland today after being redirected to English branch (no idea which one), it'll be redelivered tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hooray:wave:

Last edited:

gismo

Delivery successful!

Skylaser & offroadfreak8582 are the
playerz_logo%20web.png

:thanks:

I really was impressed with the overall construction and feel of the hosts. The feel great... My only nit is the safety pin tailcap. I'm sure there is a way to work around that with a small plug or a new cap, but other than that, I love everything about the Skylasers hosts.

ORF has been awesome about helping with communication and Kevin seems to be very customer service focused. Despite getting a couple of bum units, I would still recommend them to anyone. They are handling it quite well.

Oh, and I want to mention that the "gift" laser that came with the defective PL532 is great. It was a nice surprise.

Cheers!

Read your mail. Kevin has tested both sent back lasers and they both were over spec. You used incorrect batteries.

Greetings,,

ped

Read your mail. Kevin has tested both sent back lasers and they both were over spec. You used incorrect batteries.

Greetings,,

Seriously? If that's the case that's a major cock up, did anyone advise him as to what batteries to use?

Regards

Yes only kevin thinks the batteries he did use were not making proper contact or could not handle the draw.