Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED! Now Distributing ROUND 2!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Re: ROUND 2!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

What... Did I hear end the GB tomorrow and the pay period is 48hrs? Well I dunno who suggested that but I vote yes!

no no no, i vote no not because of the money but because if that was the case then packages would be showing up and i wont be there to sign for them, and with fedex i think they try 3 times then send them back to sender which isn't good. i know with the post office they hold them for 30 days then they go back to sender.

I hear you can call and ask for the free HAL (hold at location), in which the package will stay at the station and you can pick it up.

Last edited:

this is good to know. i kinda do wish these where showing up sooner but since i've joined the hobby i've really learned about being patient.

:eek: What kind of couch is it? Where can I buy one of these magic couches? :p

As far as Fedex goes, they will leave a sticker on your door if you aren't there to sign for it. Just call them up, and you can have them hold it for pickup. You can also just sign the tag and they will leave the package by the door... although with a larger purchase, personally I'd be too paranoid. Never had a package stolen, but there is always a first time.

Coby

Wow guys, I'm absent for two weeks and look what I miss :O

Will the HL460 be a lot brighter than the 445 I currently have? Or well, not brighter but will the colour be less "dark blue"? Not sure if it's worth it but I'd also want an exotic wavelength :( :p And I'd also want a 405 500mW :( So many lasers, so little money

Last edited:

Pman

I did find an aunts lost wedding ring in a couch once (had been lost for years). I've heard of others finding money in dryers before.
I know that for DHL you can leave a signed notice on your door with the shipping number, date and instructions to leave the package and they will. I wasn't going to be home when one of my Blord:thanks:B builds was set to be delivered so I called them and that's what I was told to do and it worked out great. Was strange that they didn't take the signed note though.
I will say however that I just took delivery of another Blord :)thanks: again B) build delivered by DHL that I hadn't checked on and they left it without a note which they shouldn't have. Glad they left it but that was against DHL policy so not good on their end. I will say that it only took about a week of business days to get both items from Belgium to upsate NY and it was worth the $. Sure didn't seem to have been held up anywhere for any kind of inspection for a week like most lasers I've received.
Safest thing to do is call and see what Fedex policy is and your options are. Can never seem to find that kind of info. on any of the shipping sites.

Curious also about the PL405 your getting. Interested in seeing what it LPM's at compared to the HL's the rest of us have coming. I realize the duty cycle is much longer but for me personally I've never run any unit I have for over a minute.
I do keep all units written in a ledger/notebook with the brand/builder/style, nm, type (hand/pen/portable/custom), battery type/number of cells/voltage/case pos/neg, features such as adjustability/caps and mw specs that include manufacturers claimed/builders reading and my own tests. Also have paperwork with info. on them from the sites/builder etc.... Starts to get confusing as the # of units goes up and I'm not interested in bricking any of them by putting 2 16340 where it calls for an 18650 or putting battery in the wrong way. Some of my units have extension tubes to run a single 16340 or an 18650 (or 16340 with dummy cell if you like the longer look) and if I'm not paying attention I could easily do something stupid:oops::banghead:. It's why I also mark the end cap inside with a very small - in permanent marker if it's case neg.

Last edited:

Got mail guys with good and bad news let me know if you want to change order:

Hey,

Update 1:
now we have no laser diode to produce 635nm pointer 200mW,
and the heatsink make the power not stable,
so we only can provide 635nm pointer 130mW,please explain that to buyers.

Update 2:
a extra gift for 100+ USD orders:a flash red pointer 635nm-20mW(great red than 650nm).
a extra gift for 300+ USD orders:a flash green pointer(50mW).
a extra gift for 500+ USD orders:a 460nm 80mW pointer.
(to USA,all gifts may be 5mW pointer, to comply with FDA)

Thanks,
Kevin

Pman

Confused once again.... I can order everything on my list but can't get the 460nm 80mw unit as an extra gift because I'm in the US?
Wouldn't this mean that you can't order any pointer that doesn't meet the criteria? I'll have to look on their site and see if the rest of the pointers are compliant. Is this 460nm not the OSRAM maybe?
As far as I can tell so far, only the 5mw pointers are FDA so if I'm following this correctly this would change ALOT of orders. Any US person wouldn't be able to get any pens at all on the list.....

Last edited:

Coby

Confused once again.... I can order everything on my list but can't get the 460nm 80mw unit as an extra gift because I'm in the US?
Wouldn't this mean that you can't order any pointer that doesn't meet the criteria? I'll have to look on their site and see if the rest of the pointers are compliant. Is this 460nm not the OSRAM maybe?

I'm sure he means that they'll be listed as < 5mw to avoid inspection or to avoid them being blocked by customs ;)

Edit for offroad:
Actually that's ok that I can't order the 635nm 200mW because now I can order the HL405- 500mW and get a 635nm as a gift :) It doesn't need to be super powerful I just want to see the colour :)

So to sum it up:
Offroad please change my order from HL635 - 200mw to HL405 - 500mW + 635nm 20mw gift :)

Last edited:

Pman

So, all pointers going to the US would have to be marked <5mw then. Don't have a problem with that but let's see what Offroad says about this. I'll change my order as needed whatever the answer is. I'm NOT whining.... just looking for answers so I can make informed/intelligent decisions:tinfoil: If I would be getting the OSRAM pen as a gift then I would also changeup my order as it's allready a unit in my list;)
Greatly apreciate all of Offroads efforts:thanks:

Checked my list and the PL650-1000mw doesn't show FDA on their site. Smeerworst reviewed it but he's from the Netherlands
Actually, it looks like everything on the Sky site over 500mw isn't FDA.
Checking previous GB to see others buys if I can. Just trying to help out and look for the answers for all of us. My posting this stuff is in no way shape or form meant to cause issues!!!!!!:gh:

The only member I see that bought a >500mw unit in the last GB that might be from the US was Encap but I can't see where he's from in his profile.
The last GB was almost all <500mw (listed by Sky but pretty much everything they sell is overspec). I don't see any pens listed in the previous GB.

Hope it's ok that I keep editing my post....
My understanding is that Kevin would actually be delivering the US bound units with him when he comes to the states and then Fedex them once he gets here. If that is true, then I would think that either everything not FDA would have to be labelled <5mw and everything over 500mw would be labeled <500mw so he would not get in trouble or have them confiscated. Either that or he can't bring them with him. He apparently can't legally ship with batteries or bring them in so this would further back up the way I'm hashing this out in my noggin. Hey, I may be completely wrong about all of this so please don't flame me. My intentions are for good:)

Offroad is working hard for us. Doesn't owe me a thing and I'm personally very grateful for how he has treated me. I've certainly noticed that he's also held his tongue on a few things that he didn't have too.:wave:

Last edited:

i'm assuming this is before shipping? might have to add something else to my order like a tripod as i'm at $495.

Can I have my 80mw pen removed please. Per Blord's advice if it's not a true 460nm and is indistinguishable from a 445 M140 them I'm not really interested. I'm still on for everything else though! :yh:

Wow, this thing is really taking off!:wave:

Offroad, due to the recent news, I'll have to modify my order too; if you would be so kind as to please cancel my previous order and replace it with a new order for the following:

One 635nm - 130mW pointer @ $?
One HL405 - 500mW @ $115
One HL460- 100mW OSRAM (single mode) @ $65

Thank you, my sincere apologies for the trouble.

T.

Last edited: