Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(CLOSED) Livinloud's First Giveaway!!!! Winners Posted

EDIT: CLOSED, Winners posted in SECOND post!!!!

Members of LPF,

To celebrate my 2500 post I am going to be holding a GIVEAWAY! I planned to do this at 2000 posts but due to my move its was delayed until now (plus the giveaway prizes just arrived today). This isn't your average giveaway so PLEASE read the entire post or else you will miss something and be disqualified

Basic Rules:
  • Must be a member since July 28, 2013 or before
  • ONE post per member (post more than once = auto disqualification
  • Must be 18 years or older
  • Must be a member of the USA (International members welcome to join but must help cover shipping since its not cheap. Most likely be $5-10 depending on what you win)

I'm doing this giveaway because i want to give back to this great community in a unique way. The TWIST is, this giveaway is geared towards those who give back to the community as well (don't worry keep reading). As to not have this be a one sided giveaway, I am offering two, YES TWO, prizes!

To enter just simply post a message here. You get TWO ENTRIES in your post!!!! This is where the TWIST comes in ;) You get to nominate ONE member who has helped you out or done something extra noteworthy. You get an entry just for posting and the member who you nominate gets entered into the GRAND PRIZE DRAWING!!!! I know it may be tough to nominate just one member so if you cant decided just say "Livinloud's choice" and I will pick a member that I feel has gone above and beyond to giving back to this community and enter their name in the drawing. PLEASE READ THE LIST OF MEMBERS IN THE SECOND POST WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN NOMINATED. Although you can nominate anyone you want, it wouldn't be a fun giveaway if only 2 or 3 members kept getting nominated for the grand prize drawing.

Prizes:

NORMAL PRIZE- The winner of the normal prize gets choice of a MagLite Solitaire LED (choice of color based on availability at stores) OR a Mini MagLite AAA LED (choice of color based on availability at stores)

Solitaire colors:.................................. Mini MagLite colors: (purple not shown but available)
Sol_Keylead.jpg
AAA_Colors.jpg

Drum roll..........

GRAND PRIZE-

Cree Q5 AND CREE Q5 TACTICAL FLASHLIGHTS

You can read the review of these lights here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f66/aurabuy-cree-q5-q5-tactical-review-84334.html

Final words: This drawing will last one week and close AUGUST 5, 2013 @ 10:00 PM EST. All post after that time will be void. Winner will be drawn via random.org (your post number is your ticket/drawing number). The Grand Prize drawing list will be in the second post and numbered in the order of nominations.

Good Luck
1293137_7551301_lz.jpg

-Livinloud

Last edited:

Re: Livinloud's First (of many) Giveaway!!!!

EDIT: WINNERS POSTED BELOW-

Normal Prize Drawing:

Winner- BShanahan14rulz

Grand Prize Drawing:

Winner- Bloompyle (you can thank Sig for the nomination :D)

Both winners please PM me within 3 days to discuss your prize and mailing addresses. BShanahan14rulz, make sure you pick a color and style (P.S. AA might be an option if you are interested in AA over AAA let me know and I can see if they are still on sale at the store)

---------------------------

For normal prize, if post 1 or 2 is drawn (my posts) then drawing will be redone and a real winner will be selected :D

Normal prize winner is selected from the posts here
Grand prize winner is selected from the list of nominated members
(Nominated members must be active members and if no member is nominated in your post, it becomes LL's choice on 8-4)

List of Nominations and Drawing # for nominations
(Members can be nominated more than once but have a limit of 3 entries total to keep things fair. If you nominate someone who already has 3 entries then keep an eye on your PMs to change your entry)

01. Trevor- (LL's choice) Progressive LPM/data logging work
02. Pman- Very helpful guy (contact him if you want help to make either the normal prizes into a 532nm laser)
03. ARG- Amazing LPM work
04. Lazerbeak- (LL's choice) Great guy, very helpful, funny and always looking to giveback
05. Hakzaw1- Very helpful guy and the go to for JL products in the USA
06. Daguin- Wonder man of all things laser related
07. Awillis- always willing to help
08. Lazerbeak- 2nd nomination
09. Eudaimonium- One of the best places for custom mill work
10. Flaminpyro- Great guy and great American
11. ZRaffleTicket- DPSS help/advice & WL hunting
12. Blord- Amazing builder and always helpful
13. Eudaimonium- 2nd nomination
14. RHD- Influences on this forum
15. MrCrouse- Amazing machine work
16. Bloompyle- Gas guru
17. InfinitusEquitas- Resident Flashlight addict :na:
18. Hakzaw1- 2nd nomination
19. BowtieGuy- Always willing to help
20. DTR- Best place for diodes
21. Pullbangdead- Helping explain single vs multimode lasers (ill consider him active ;))
22. Jayrob- Great DIY Laser kits
23. LaserBee- Welcoming and introducing himself to most new members
24. Eudaimonium- 3rd and FINAL nomination
25. Speedy78- (LL's choice) Great guy, always trying to answer questions
26. RTrent- Helps to design and build high powered lasers
27. Sigurthr- (LL's choice) Great guy, helps answer questions a bunch
28. Hakzaw1- 3rd and FINAL nomination
29. ApexProxy- Great builder, great guy
30. TheDukeAnumber1- Best place to get GITD work done
31. Kookapeli- Always willing to help out
32. Pman- 2nd nomination
33. Blord- 2nd nomination
34. Trevor- 2nd nomination
35. Billg519- Helping out in the wee-days of this forum
36. ZRaffleTicket- 2nd nomination
37. Lazeerer- Great drivers and 5W 650nm diode testing
38. InfinitusEquitas passes prize to Offroadfreak if he wins (volunteered to DQ himself)
39. Wannaburnstuff- Great builder and all around guy
40. ApexProxy passes prize to Moh if he wins (volunteered to DQ himself)
41. Lazerbeak- 3rd and FINAL nomination

LIST OF MEMBERS WITH 3 NOMINATIONS:
Eudaimonium
Hakzaw1
Lazerbeak

Last edited:

ohhh awesome, i suppose this can be my first entry into a drawing! and you have helped me so ide nominate you but thatd just be silly hahaha

IsaacT

For my nomination I would like to nominate Pman. For participating in his thread he bought me a bunch of stuff from Fasttech. He is a very generous guy and a connoisseur of inexpensive builds.

You've helped me several times even though I'm only a recent member here, you contribute a lot to these forums, very nice of you to do this giveaway as well ;) I will leave it up to you to nominate someone as I haven't been around that long. Good luck everyone ;)

I'll nominate Len, aka hakzaw1. He is easily one of the friendliest, most welcoming people I've had the pleasure of knowing.

Reactions: ARG

I'll nominate Dave, AKA ( daguin ) as he has fixed a few lasers for me as well as built a few for me

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Great idea Livinloud! I'd like to nominate awillis2589,who has always been willing to help!

A +1 for your generous, and innovative giveaway!

Last edited:

NKO29

I will nominate Eudaimonium.
He helped me when i first joined and is very good at what he does.

I nominate flaminpyro Jeff has been a great stewart of this hobby and a great American as well. I have many others, IE, ped, Niko, but as of late my bud lazeerer aka Angelos has been very, very generous member.

Last edited:

It's tough...but I nominate ZRaffleTicket.

He's given a lot of help through DPSS advice, plus he's a great guy to work with.

If Sam was active here, I'd nominate him, but he's not even around :p

I recommend Raffle if you ever need information on DPSS. That being said, if he doesn't know, he will get you the information swiftly. His love for DPSS is synonymous to my love for gas ;)

He's always got time to answer questions, and give advice. Give him a PM if you ever have a question!

P.S. He's also great competition for us WL hunters ;)

Last edited:

I'll nominate Blord.
He's not in the US but still, awesome builder and good guy all around.
Thanks for the contest LL. +1 :D

Last edited:

I'd nominate Eudaimonium for milling up the first of the clone Guidesman heasinks when they wasn't available anywhere else :beer:

I nominate RHD. He was influential in setting many of the standards we build to today. Things (not the person, haha) have changed a lot over the years and he is one of the many whom which I cannot imagine this forum without their influence.