Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED * GB for OEM Laser Systems protective eyewear

Re: GB for OEM Laser Systems protective eyewear

I don't mind the cost... I wish there were some like the ML-7s that also included the 445nm.

OD 5+ @ 190-400nm 13% Green
OD 2.5+ @ 532nm
OD 1.5+ @ 630-655nm
OD 3.7+ @ 795-1070nm
OD 4+ @ 810-1064nm

I may get some ML-7's as a general everything else eyewear.... what would you suggest for the 445nm's?

what would you suggest for the 445nm's?

ARG if you use 405nm, 445nm, and 532nm (IR filtered).
YLW if you use 405nm & 445nm and want higher visible light transmission.

Wavelength Response
chart-ml7.gif

If you look at this graph closely, You'll see that the ML-7's provide protection @450nm with an OD of 6 - 6.5. The protection then drops off gradually to OD 1/2 from 475nm to 525nm, then starts to climb again. The way I read the OEM graph, the ML-7's should afford protection of~ 6 - 6.5 for the 445nm wavelength. You can always give OEM LASER SYSTEMS a call & talk to one of their techies. I'm sure they'll answer any questions you have.

Wavelength Response
chart-ml7.gif

If you look at this graph closely, You'll see that the ML-7's provide protection @450nm with an OD of 6 - 6.5. The protection then drops off gradually to OD 1/2 from 475nm to 525nm, then starts to climb again. The way I read the OEM graph, the ML-7's should afford protection of~ 6 - 6.5 for the 445nm wavelength. You can always give OEM LASER SYSTEMS a call & talk to one of their techies. I'm sure they'll answer any questions you have.

I thought the same thing you did based on the graph... but I wasn't sure. I've just sent an email over to the contact I have there. I'll post what they respond.

Wavelength Response
chart-ml7.gif

Yeah... That's not even close to what I see. Zooming in and counting pixels (40px between 400nm & 500nm, 445nm should be at 18px) puts the rating at ~3, maybe a decimal point or two higher, but considering that it's on the steep downward slope I wouldn't trust it. I would personally want my glasses to have a solid buffer of protection around the wavelength I'm using.

OEM just got back to me... here's what they said:

The response curve rapidly falls through the 445nm range but because of the slope, cannot be certified for that wavelength.

They wouldn't recommend using these for the 445nm diodes.

I figure if you don't do anything stupid, you should be OK with the ML-7's, or maybe get an additional panel that covers the 445nm wavelength specifically, & add the panel to the ML-7's.

OEM Laser Systems also sales the YLW goggles. They are $98.60 before any discount
Doh.:yabbem:

I figure if you don't do anything stupid, you should be OK with the ML-7's
:poke:Sorry I must disagree there... That slope is so steep at 445nm & since the wavelength can vary higher or lower its too dangerous IMHO. If it was a dpss laser the wavelength would be exact but I think your overlooking that diodes have a range & shift with temperature too. I'd feel ok if one knew the wavelength of your particular diode (& here) at cold to warm temp. Perhaps also a brief test unfocused against ML-7 on a LPM to be sure.

or maybe get an additional panel that covers the 445nm wavelength specifically, & add the panel to the ML-7's.
Now that sounds good. Wonder which has the highest VLT with decent OD.
Also been wondering how dark the ML-7 seem, they list 13%VLT but how does that look subjectively?

The VLT of the ML-7's is quite good unless you're looking at tiny objects, otherwise they are similar to looking through dark sun glasses. I've contacted this place to find out the cost of a set of panels that can be added to my ML-7's. The panels I inquired about cover the entire BLUE band, with OD 7 protection. Laservision USA | Laser Safety Glasses, Laser Safety Googles, Laser Safety Windows, Laser Safety Barriers, Laser Safety Publications and Laser Safety Training I'll let you know what they say when they contact me back. BTW, these are GLASS FILTER PANELS.

cmak

Definitely interested in a GB for safety glasses for my Arctic, you can pretty much put me down for the general-consensus of what's best for 1W of 445nm, any non-ridiculous style (cool fitover style preferred of course :cool:).

-Chris

Up to 8 now. :D So far everyone seems interested in ones that cover 445nm, no surprise.

@designedfor1 would you be in for a pair? You seem interested but it isn't clear to me if you would join or just think its a great idea.

cmak

HaloBlu, thanks a ton for putting an advert for this into your sig. It really helps :thanks:
It would be even better if you also put "Any style, any OD level, any wavelength", or maybe even "great for 445nm" or "great for the Arctic" so that people really get the point and we can get this rolling even faster

Just some suggestions ;)

-Chris

DJNY

Lets indicate if we are interested in one (or more).

It seems 445nm diodes can do 1 Watt! Perhaps more.
Don't trust your eyes to non-certified cheap glasses when we can get a 20% discount!

For 445nm @ high powers (532nm & 405nm too) OD 7+ @ 190-532nm VLT:48% norm $78 ($62.60 after 20% off. Save over $15) Almost OD 8. The wrap around sunglasses style is great. Other styles at bottom of page.
. . . . . .
Even tho there may not quite be a leader for this GB atm, if there is enough interest someone will step up.

Put me down for one pair of these

Is there a GB or not?
Anyone want to be in charge of the GB? ;)
I´m interested in the discounted price of these goggles incl. shipping to Austria.
Austria up to 1lb Shipping Prices
$10.76 First class, Speed "Varies"
$28 Priority, 6-10 business days
It would be even better if you also put "Any style, any OD level, any wavelength", or maybe even "great for 445nm" or "great for the Arctic" so that people really get the point and we can get this rolling even faster
I originally tried something about being good for 445nm but thought I came off sounding silly. Tho on second thought if that helps get people... And with the 445nm frenzy I'm sure it will.
Now to go troll around & be seen :evil:

Also tossed a link in the 445nm goggle sticky.

Direct any confused goggle-less laser freaks here!.. Hell just club people & drag them over here!

Last edited: