Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED Copper modules - 5.6 & 9mm - $2

Re: GB: Copper modules - 5.6 & 9mm - $2

I got em! They sure look great. Going to measure everything and make sure nothing is wrong and will try to get everyone's orders packaged up to be sent in the morning. So far they look REALLY good.

Packaging orders now.
Everything looks great. Measurements seem good too.

Measure diode pocket of 4x 5.6mm modules. Got 5.45,5.46,5.47,5.47
3x 9mm modules I got 8.86,8.84,8.83

attachment.php

Attachments

• modulessss.jpg
    modulessss.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 127

sounds good. also don't forget all my extra goodies i ordered. Thanks.

sounds good. also don't forget all my extra goodies i ordered. Thanks.

I got them. Sorting through that mess now. I need to stop letting people add an alter orders. I think i got everyone covered though.

I got your initial order, plus the invoice for extras i sent you packaged.

well it's much appreciated! I'd rep you but just did the other day.

Alright everything is packaged and ready to go in the morning. If you have not received an Email from Paypal with a tracking number, please send me a PM.

I believe this GB is officially finished. Thanks everyone!!

Off to bed for me...

Last edited:
Looks like most of the USA based buyers should be getting their packages today.

Well hopefully it will be there for when I get out of work today.

Edit: well i got my order today and everything looks great!! tarnishing on the copper module's is minimal and will probably shine up with like 2 seconds of buffing with a dermal. thanks Moh I'd rep you but it wouldn't let me yet. I'm getting excited not for your other 2 group buys.

Last edited:
That's the only downside with copper. You can shine it, but it will still tarnish pretty quickly afterwards.

That's the only downside with copper. You can shine it, but it will still tarnish pretty quickly afterwards.
Many ppl will polish copper then paint with a clearcoat finish to prevent oxidation, but that would also hold in heat for laser builds. If you only clearcoated the exposed parts and leave the parts in direct contact with the host body uncoated then the heat would be able to dissipate through the host just fine.

Bob

polishing them doesn't make much sense because the only part you can see from outside the host is just the rim around where the lens treads in.

polishing them doesn't make much sense because the only part you can see from outside the host is just the rim around where the lens treads in.
That really depends upon how you use your modules. I don't typically flush mount them into drilled holes in heatsinks. In my builds, I thread them tightly into threaded holes in the front face of copper or aluminum heatsinks that I machine. I prefer copper heatsinks for my higher powered builds of course.

Here's an older example using regular Aixiz module fronts and my aluminum heatsinks from a couple of years ago. I don't have any uploaded pics of my newer copper builds, being on dialup internet limits my ability to upload photos. But it shows how much of the module and heatsink are exposed, that could be polished.

IM001765.jpg

IM001766.jpg

IM001767.jpg

Bob