Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED - COLLECTING $ Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped- 07/12/09

It appears that the heat sink extends beyond the "top" of the host. I just like them flush or below the top of the host. NP. Just my preference.

ahhh Yes I like that too.. But I think he was talking about recessing the focus ring part... If it is part of the "nifty" design I can live with it as long as it is rounded abit... if not I like the flush design.

They are just a bit too big for the pocket mini host. They could probably be sanded down enough to work in them. Also, there are still some older style Dorcys around.

Ohhhh good idea! I have a pocket mini with out a HS atm!!! I'll try adapt it to that then!

Great job Ehgemus on finding a fix.
I too would prefer the heatsink to sit below the lip of the host. Or at least have rounded edges. If non of those are a option with your design, that is fine also.

Any one heard from tommii89 at all?
I tried to contact him several times by PM. To see if anything was going to be worked out with his contact at dorcy.
In all my pm's I was always clear that I was not upset with him. Nor did I blame him or even dorcy for the shortcomings of our group buy.

I have yet to hear anything from him. I'm just very curios if their is any chance of us getting those 11 original jr's that were found by his contact at dorcy

daguin

Any one heard from tommii89 at all?
I tried to contact him several times by PM. To see if anything was going to be worked out with his contact at dorcy.
In all my pm's I was always clear that I was not upset with him. Nor did I blame him or even dorcy for the shortcomings of our group buy.

I have yet to hear anything from him. I'm just very curios if their is any chance of us getting those 11 original jr's that were found by his contact at dorcy

His account was logged on yesterday

Peace,
dave

Another vote for recessed here! For all interested, I unfortunately haven't had any time to build the heatsink I was going to (I have a school DT project to finish first, and the deadline is looking decidedly less distant than it did a few weeks ago), but anyway it looks like it's now surplus to requirements. Care to share the secret of how you got it to fit in? Is it just a friction-fit?

Asherz

Yea that heatsink is looking sweet :)

I also agree on recessing the front of the heat-sink more into the host slightly, kind of light Jayrob does on his heatsinks, he tapers the edges of the front of the heatsink.

I attached an example :)

Thanks ehgemus!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 69
Having somewhat oversized fingers, I like the focus ring to be more accessible. I therefore like the hs the way you pictured it, with perhaps a little rounding of the front edge.

Ok today I built a new heatsink with a diode pocket. I made a video of how it goes together. Please keep in mind that this is just the first build and anything can be changed at this point. please let me know what you thank.

YouTube - New Dorcy Jr. Laser HeatSink

that is such a great idea! Setscrew on the heatsink to hold it in place. Then you have a diode pocket for better heatsinking! :bowdown:

Very clever indeed - I love the design! Only thing I'd be slightly worried about is tightening up the set screw. If you're selling I might be interested in one as well.

One thing I might change is the spacer that goes into the head first. I thanks I will make that thicker with a 12mm hole for better heat sinking and for support of the driver. Good idea or not necessary?

I am always for better driver support, and I love that you make your heatsinks to seat the diode directly and improve the heatsinking far beyond what the modules would provide when pressed into a heatsink alone. Excellent job, what sort of price will you be asking for this heatsink when you finalize your design? -Mike

Your the man Ehgemus Thanks for saving our hosts:)
So how much are we looking at, I'm sure all of us will want one, from you.