Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Clearance A240s

AnthoT

Seriously agree with dtr, All everyone knows is that people here sell stuff and become rich eh? i mean except for a few, everyone has sold a few items and providing some kind of their own products to the community they know what i am talking about.. Most of the time the profit is next to nothing in return of the services !!

I agree with you and DTR

-Anthony

DTR I would +1 rep you, but i have to wait....:thanks: seems like I'm giving more than getting. I have to work on that.

I really think it's much more interesting to buy only the block of diodes as spare part,
than the entire projector, because the price is more interesting in this case.

Hiemal

It can be worse than that.

Best deal out I see at the moment is $875. Casio Signature XJ-M140 XGA (1024 x 768) DLP projector - 2500 ANSI lumens

That is $36.50 a diode. I offer free shipping as well and that costs $1.64 plus about 20 cents for packing materials. So figure $2 to ship and $2 for fees that brings the cost to $40.50. That is $4.50 each which does not account for any duds found in the projector. It can be a wash or loss if one gets lost in the mail or one is dead/LED/damaged in the projector.

I offer them for this price as a favor to this community and as a lost leader in the hopes people will take advantage of my other items and services.;)

Ah, I apologize DTR. I didn't really think of the other costs (shipping, oopsies in the lasers etc)

Glad you sell them at such a nice price though! :thanks:

rhd

I really think it's much more interesting to buy only the block of diodes as spare part,
than the entire projector, because the price is more interesting in this case.

Have you ever priced the block of diodes?

Once, somehow, I found an A130 repair manual, and got the part number for the replacement block. I priced it from two of the "parts sources" listed by Casio for North America. Back when the A130 was selling for around $750, the replacement diode block was $950.

Have you ever priced the block of diodes?

Once, somehow, I found an A130 repair manual, and got the part number for the replacement block. I priced it from two of the "parts sources" listed by Casio for North America. Back when the A130 was selling for around $750, the replacement diode block was $950.

The last time I asked, the price for the replacement block of diodes was about $500 - $550,
but to know for certain should ask again, because I asked a few months ago.

I spoke with DTR on this subject at that time for him to do the deal directly, because was not
going well in this moment for me, but DTR recently told me that apparently the company here
does not make deals overseas, and I have not reoccupied of the matter anymore.

rhd

The last time I asked, the price for the replacement block of diodes was about $500 - $550,
but to know for certain should ask again, because I asked a few months ago.

I spoke with DTR on this subject at that time for him to do the deal directly, because was not
going well in this moment for me, but DTR recently told me that apparently the company here
does not make deals overseas, and I have not reoccupied of the matter anymore.

What's the source for $500 to $550 replacement blocks?

If that's true, or if it WAS true, then I'd like to at least investigate that possibility again now. That's a no-brainer.

What's the source for $500 to $550 replacement blocks?

If that's true, or if it WAS true, then I'd like to at least investigate that possibility again now. That's a no-brainer.

Obviously that is true, you doubt my word?

Anyway DTR has or had the company information that I let to him, ask if you do not trust.

The price comes from the official repair service CaSe0 from Barcelona (Spain), and not elsewhere.

I want to clarify that do not live in Spain, but is the more closer to what I have.

Edit: These are the photos sent to me at the time from the official service CaSe0 to see if it was the right spare part, and also sent to DTR.

CIMG3942.jpg

CIMG3943.jpg

CIMG3944.jpg

Last edited:

DTR

Yes it is true but they would not even talk to me as I was outside the country. Also I believe Will got a line on the replacement blocks as well. The main reason I did not pursue it was that the pictures of the blocks I got showed a "A" on the front of them. In all the projectors the blocks had a code on them. The A130's were "B", the A230's were "W" and the A140's were "X". I assume these were binning codes. If that was correct they would have had the bottom of the barrel diodes for the replacement arrays. And of course why would they care as I can see them just wanting to get the projectors functional again instead of worrying about making them as good as they were originally. But it was all a mute point as they would not sell them to me anyway.

What I am assuming was the binning codes could be wrong but it did seem to hold true that the higher the lettering the better the diodes. Plus the M140's started getting good reviews so I turned my attention to them. Also the $500 figure did not include VAT taxes and shipping which would have brought them up a hundred or two.;)

rhd

Obviously that is true, you doubt my word?

Anyway DTR has or had the company information that I let to him, ask if you do not trust.

The price comes from the official repair service CaSe0 from Barcelona (Spain), and not elsewhere.

I want to clarify that do not live in Spain, but is the more closer to what I have.

Edit: These are the photos sent to me at the time from the official service CaSe0 to see if it was the right spare part, and also sent to DTR.

Hey,

Sorry Piferal - you don't need to always take offense to the things I say to you.

I wasn't implying that "your word" was poor. A lot of times we get questionable information from diode sources. That's par for the course. A lot of times I've put forward information from various sources that doesn't pan out. Doesn't mean my word is bad.

Going by what you posted, you never actually purchased a replacement array, so you don't KNOW if the $500 array claim was true or not. Thus my comment "if this is true...."

Last edited: