Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CajunLasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow,

This is without a doubt the least friendly message board I have ever had the misfortune of posting on.

@DAGUIN I only commented on the SERVICE not the product, I said I would update once I receive the product and write a review. For a moderator you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, or you're just a dick.

@InfinitusEquitas - See above, I didn't mention the product, only the service. Again, please make an effort to read and comprehend the post before jumping to the post button.

I apologize if my post appeared to be spam, but I was elated at the degree of service I received, such service is hard to find, even more so over the Internet communicating with a stranger.

For f*cks sake dave you're supposed to be an example for the board, why teach newer members the proper way to communicate is with argumentative content and personal attacks?

Because of the responses I've found here I will not be returning to the board. This is the poorest example of board management I've ever seen, it appears to be a closed community open only to those in click with the senior members. You all should really consider this when you're responding to a newbie's thread. Then again, perhaps you shouldn't, because from the outside looking in it appears you want only the people already active to be present on your board.

To a moderator: I would like my account to be deleted. Please and thank you.

:banned:

jakeGT

Yeah, I thought that was a little misleading on the website. Er, a lot misleading.

Unless he bins them - which I highly doubt? :undecided:

-Trevor

Yeah, sorry I just got back to this thread. But yeah, that is way misleading cajunlasers. Or can you gaurantee that those diodes will all exceed 2W at a hobbyists maximum current comfort level? and without the help of a high output lens such as the g1/g2?

If you answered no to any of these questions, you are lying to your customers.

Fiddy

Yeah, sorry I just got back to this thread. But yeah, that is way misleading cajunlasers. Or can you gaurantee that those diodes will all exceed 2W at a hobbyists maximum current comfort level? and without the help of a high output lens such as the g1/g2?

If you answered no to any of these questions, you are lying to your customers.

Is that an assumption? or have you not read the the description on item listing?

Like all laser diodes, individual diode efficiency will vary. Some may not quite reach the 2 watt mark, and others can actually exceed it.

There is no lying going on here.

Last edited:

rhd

Like all laser diodes, individual diode efficiency will vary. Some may not quite reach the 2 watt mark, and others can actually exceed it.

I think you mis-bolded... ^ here's how I would have highlighted that phrase. In my mind, this is really just a backhanded plug. Like when you compliment yourself by saying something that doesn't sound like a compliment in the true literal sense. He is VERY weakly suggesting that they may not live up to 2 watts by saying "not quite reach", but then giving a much stronger suggestion that they could reach even higher wattages by saying "actually exceed it".

However, I think the best quote from his sales page is this:

FYI: there is also a myth about these diodes... created solely by members of a laser "forum" whereas some diodes are allegedly being "binned" higher than others, when the truth is they all are the same Nichia NBD7352E 445nm diodes, being run at different power levels in these projectors, 2000 lumen in the "A130", 2500 lumen in the "A140", and 3000 lumen in the "A150" for example. By this logic - if the "A140" diode is superior to the "A130", therefore - the "A150" diode would be superior to both, yet no one sells "A150" diodes - possibly due to the $1200+ price tag on the A150 models (which simply have more bells and whistles and are run at higher current settings) and not anything to due with diodes being binned differently.

I'm very curious to know how he has been able to confirm that these diodes aren't being binned differently? ;)

Ok, and I lied, because THIS is the best quote from his sales page:

Here is the data sheet from Nichia on these diodes:
http://www.nichia.co.jp/specification/en/product/ld/NDB7352-E.pdf
(one error on the data sheet - they are 5.6mm not 9mm diodes)

I'm sorry, one error on the DATA SHEET?

Right... of course... Nichia's datasheet is mistaken. Perhaps you should call them to let them know that their listed specs don't match the actual specs of the diodes that we rip out of projectors made by some third party that hasn't even publicly acknowledge the model of diode that they're using in the first place. Hopefully Nichia will correct their error ASAP.

I think the ERROR, is on your site ;)

Last edited:
@DAGUIN I only commented on the SERVICE not the product, I said I would update once I receive the product and write a review. For a moderator you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, or you're just a dick.

@InfinitusEquitas - See above, I didn't mention the product, only the service. Again, please make an effort to read and comprehend the post before jumping to the post button.

Excerpt from original post:

I just wanted to share with the community my experience with Cajunlasers Store. His service, is absolutely phenomenal. Honestly, the best I've ever experienced in any field of business. I have yet to receive my products as I just placed my order today.

Neither Dave nor I misread your post.

Service with a seller is the culmination of the whole experience. Service without a product = no service. Regardless of how nice the person may seem.

AGAIN - Commenting on your service experience with a seller of tangible products, before actually having said products in hand is downright retarded.

I didn't want to phrase this in harsh terms in my first post on this thread, but I don't think anything less will get through at this point.

There are plenty of scammers who would provide you the phenomenal service you seek, with no end product. Just look on craigslist.

Last edited:

jakeGT

Is that an assumption? or have you not read the the description on item listing?

The description doesn't matter for SHIT

The item is called a 2W+ 445 diode. Not a 1-2W diode, not a 1W+ diode, A 2W+ DIODE.
There is alot of deception going on here.

Awesome, so he put a little line in his products description saying they may not reach 2W, but many will exceed it?

I have had one diode get to 2W at 1.8A without a g-1/g-2 lens, I bet MANY of cajun lasers diodes exceed 2W without a g-1/g-2 lens.

Because in that description, it says nothing about needing a higher power lens to reach 2W. I challenge you, and cliff, to find me some 2W+ 445 diodes without going over 1.8A and without the help of high power lenses.

YOU WON'T. Maybe 1, but not all, not half, not even "many" as they say

:)

benmwv

FYI: there is also a myth about these diodes... created solely by members of a laser "forum" whereas some diodes are allegedly being "binned" higher than others, when the truth is they all are the same Nichia NBD7352E 445nm diodes, being run at different power levels in these projectors, 2000 lumen in the "A130", 2500 lumen in the "A140", and 3000 lumen in the "A150" for example. By this logic - if the "A140" diode is superior to the "A130", therefore - the "A150" diode would be superior to both, yet no one sells "A150" diodes - possibly due to the $1200+ price tag on the A150 models (which simply have more bells and whistles and are run at higher current settings) and not anything to due with diodes being binned differently.

I think that statement makes it even less likely that a diode will do +2W. To me it seems like the only reason a person would even put that is if they were selling old A-130's.

I say it doesn't matter as we all know what these diodes are. I see a 2W build pop up every day.

Clif, just add a < symbol in front of the 2W and then people can't bitch about it any more.

I don't see how it's misleading. These diodes ARE capable of reaching 2W, except for the ones that aren't efficient enough, in which case he stated at the top of this chart that they vary.

It's not as if he's advertising a 4W diode and charging $200 for it.

You all know exactly what he's selling, and he's selling it cheaper than modwerx,HTD,LSP, and stonetek.
Also, Stonetek's diode is listed as "Nichia 2+ WATT + 445nm A-140 diode ! BRILLIANT BLUE !" but I don't see your panties in a bunch over it.

You're all just looking for shit to nitpick at.

jakeGT

In all my days of diodes, I have seen one do 2W without a g1, and without going over 1.8A

According to his listing, 's diodes do 2W at 1800mA.

Also, I think ANYBODY listing them as 2W+ diodes is deceiving. Not just clif, anybody.

So let's have everyone come forth with their 2W builds that are(let me say again) at or under 1800mA, and do not use a high power ar coated lens.

Once again, I've only seen 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.