Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Burning Crystal (photos) + high res wallpaper pics ٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

InfinitusEquitas

Re: Burning Crystal (photos)

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

Now how about some HI def links so I can steal them and add to my desktop background rotation?:p

+Rep:D

TuhOz

Wow very nice pictures!
Can you post or PM me some of the high-res versions of those pics?

Again, very nice work!

danefex

I am happy to share any full res pictures just let me know which ones you want and the best way to share them because I'm not sure. I dont think posting them here is the best option because they are around 7meg per pic, your screen would scroll 4 times over back and forth I know the forum generally doesn't like that :beer:

InfinitusEquitas

I'm on a 27" monitor... wouldn't mind too much:p

Easiest way is to just post them on photobucket at native resolution imo.

TuhOz

I am happy to share any full res pictures just let me know which ones you want and the best way to share them because I'm not sure. I dont think posting them here is the best option because they are around 7meg per pic, your screen would scroll 4 times over back and forth I know the forum generally doesn't like that :beer:
You can put all the pictures to one folder, archive it (if you have winRar..), and upload to somewhere like megaupload.com

Or use IE's way... ;)

JaiNobeZ

The best picture thread I have ever seen. +1 without question.

I would try this, but I'd be unable to reproduce anything even fractionally awesome so it would ruin the magic for me.

danefex

Nice, ok :) I've got my hands full at the mo over here but I'll get a few HD pics up in an hour or so & post a few links, pls stand by. :beer:

^ Thanks Jai!! I say if you find the time to try something like this go ahead & give it a shot! :beer:

Eudaimonium

Hah, you flatter me,

If you're still wondering what I'd say except a few bad jokes...

If you want a bit more technical opinion, I've still got nothing but praises.

I really really love this one:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/danefex/19.jpg

It must have been a really short shutter time to get the particle to appear as a dot, rather then blurred line we usually get.

Pictures are so high-tech looking. Boards and everything chosen correctly.

Even took time to make the GIFs.

Angles and viewpoints made epically. Personally I'd love one or two pictures at low-angle to see the beam reflected from the circuit boards, or reflected OFF the circuit boards, to see what patterns and stuff can you get.

But hey, nitpicking :D It's what I do.

Loving the way you did it surgically precise, no diffraction gratings and beams left and right, just one or two beams, focused, aimed, perfect.

I bet that the one where laser is aimed at Uranium ball and which appears to be smoking, was luck of the draw for the smoke effect, huh? :D Betchya can't do it again!

All in all, very f***ing impressed, sent a link to this thread to a buddy of mine, reply was
"Holy sh*t. Sick MOFO".
In a good friendly way ofcourse :p

Keep up the good work man!

danefex

Hey folks, I just added a bunch of pictures at the bottom of my post that link to high res versions (2047x1356) of those pictures. There's some good desktop wallpaper right there so have at it! I will probably add some more over time but for now I hope you enjoy :beer:

Edit: Thanks again Eud for your kind words and detailed input! On the picture you mentioned also, YES - several shots from that specific angle show a pattern of what was going on with the laser & the crystal. That ONE shot of several caught just the right timing of the lasers changing between patterns to pick up such a unique, minimal amount of what light was hitting the stone and what was reflecting off it compared to the brightness from the other pics in that sequence. I have no other pics that came out like that, it was incredibly lucky timing :beer:

Last edited:

millirad

Re: Burning Crystal (photos) + high res desktop wallpaper

Thanks for taking the time to do those photos! Very nice pics. :D

InfinitusEquitas

Hey folks, I just added a bunch of pictures at the bottom of my post that link to high res versions (2047x1356) of those pictures. There's some good desktop wallpaper right there so have at it! I will probably add some more over time but for now I hope you enjoy :beer:
Oh yes! Need to find a minute to DL them, but these are definitely all going on my desktop:beer:

Also now I have this odd temptation to get my apartment walls done in circuit boards:shhh::tinfoil:

danefex

Re: Burning Crystal (photos) + 32 high res wallpaper pics ٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

Thanks again for your compliments, feedback, reps and interest guys - I really appreciate it!! :D Laser photography is as much a hobby of mine as building lasers - so I am happy to share them & hear what others think.

I'm going to try and clean up the thread sometime soon & set the layout like the bottom of the post because it seems a little easier to view more pics & you wont have to scroll so much when more are added. Hell If there's enough interest I may just turn this into a desktop wallpaper thread and ask others to contribute if they'd like to. :thinking: I know a lot of you out there take awesome pictures and I cant be the only one who loves a variety of digital wallpapers to collect and choose from, so why not :beer:

Also now I have this odd temptation to get my apartment walls done in circuit boards
Please post pictures if that happens! If it helps I could bring over some ice sculptures & a dozen different wavelength lasers :eg:

Last edited:

Thanks for posting the hi-res pics!

Woah. Dude, brix were shat. These are stunning. +1 :kewlpics:

DiogoNeves

WOOWWW :D great pictures! the beam shoot matched perfectly with that background

Last edited:

RA_pierce

I like the 7th picture down.