Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Burning Crystal (photos) + high res wallpaper pics ٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

Arayan

Re: Burning Crystal (photos) + 32 high res wallpaper pics ٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

Thanks for showing these masterpieces!!! +Rep :drool:

Reviving last year thread with an odd thing.
I saved every picture from your album lol but for some reason quite a few appear with a wrong aspect ration under windows photo viewer. It stretches them really bad and will do so even when set as wallpaper.
However, when i open them with a browser (chrome) or some image editing program, the aspect ratio is fine. o_O

Hrm I've seen this happen before, I know what you're talking about. How are you saving these pictures to your computer? If you're tallking about the thumbnail/high res pics - clicking on them should take you to the photobucket page where the high res picture is hosted. On that picture, are you R clicking & choosing 'save as' to your computer? This is how I've always done this to save/view/use these pictures and......... and I'll be damned, it's doing the same thing to me now (!?)

I have no idea why this is happening, this wasn't the case before. The aspect ratio of each picture is correct, 2047 x 1356. Did sneaky windows run some live updates overnight making unnecessary changes to some everyday, functional processes while I slept peacefully? :yabbmad:

I will try to find out why this is happening & see if/how it can be fixed - - thanks for bringing this to my attention! :beer:

EDIT: I have no idea why this is happening, but several 'right click, saved as' pictures in my images folder are doing this same thing. The aspect ratio is correct however when viewing them in photo gallery they look smashed down & panoramic. If I choose 'open with' on these pictures & use photoshop the pictures appear as they should. In PS when I copy & paste these pics, then save them alongside the original picture - the problem is fixed. I have no idea yet why this is. :thinking:

Last edited:

:) Really nice pictures dude ! :) + ++ + + + + + + rep

Thanks man. :D Apparently something is up with how they save and view on windows machines though using the windows photo viewer, they look smashed down like a panoramic despite their aspect ratios being accurate. This wasn't a problem before & I haven't gotten the time yet to find & fix this. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas as to why viewing them is panoramic, I'd love to hear what you think! :beer:

On that picture, are you R clicking & choosing 'save as' to your computer? This is how I've always done this to save/view/use these pictures and......... and I'll be damned, it's doing the same thing to me now (!?)
Yup right click, save as. I also tried drag/drop from the desktop to the same results, as well as trying with other browsers. (ew internet explorer)
I could try on ubuntu when i find a fix to my absent boot menu. Windows baleeted it when i reformatted its partition, effectively locking me out of linux lol.

Its all your fault windows :tsk:

I will try to find out why this is happening & see if/how it can be fixed - - thanks for bringing this to my attention! :beer:

:eek: Pictures of such epic proportions deserve to be problem free.

You could try copying it and pasting into mspaint and saving it from there in your favorite lossless format.

I don't know what to say about this, I've just saved a few of these pictures on my WinXP machine using picture & Fax viewer & the pictures are fine. The problem is only on my laptop running Windows Vista, which by default uses photo gallery to view pictures. Because the aspect ratio of these pictures is the same it seems the problem is with the software. Opening these pictures up with a different photo editor (paint, photoshop, ect) - then making a copy of them & saving those copies seems to be a decent workaround for now.....

Last edited:

Typical "Windows" situation : included software doesn't work as it should. Can't use it for all the times you should be able to BUT you can't completely remove it and use 3rd party software either.
Yup. That's Windows alright.
:scowl:
That's why I hate it too. If only more specific software was available for non-Windows operating systems then I could avoid it completely...(I like to dream big !)
:rolleyes:

With regards to operating systems I actually love windows. Despite its infamous reputation for unreliability, I've actually grown a lot smarter learning from and solving windows problems over the years. At home I use 2 computers, one of them runs XP and is the center of an AV studio I built years ago & the other is a laptop running vista.

The studio PC that runs XP has no problems at all. This is simply because I keep it offline. From the time I built this computer almost 10 yrs ago I have it set with a certain amount of updates to run the software I use (audio & visual) smoothly. Keeping it offline means no updates are necessary and there's been no problems with this PC for as long as I can remember. Until hardware failure happens I expect nothing to change. :) This machine is as perfect as you can get for as functionally useful it has been.

My laptop that runs vista is what I use for LPF, email, internet, ect. This thing I'm typing on right now is the one with the picture viewing issue and only recently has it become a problem. I imagine some update ran somewhere in the background recently that's resulted in why these pictures aren't viewing correctly only on this computer. When I connect my XP machine online to view & save the pictures there is no problem.

A typical windows situation as you say Shorty, but nonethericher one of these nights I'll sit down & dig into the problem, fix it and then know how to address it whenever I see it again ;)

Grefa

I love your shots, If you didn't include the motherboards I think it would have been just as cool but to a computer geek like me it makes it that much more special. :kewlpics:

With regards to operating systems I actually love windows. Despite its infamous reputation for unreliability, I've actually grown a lot smarter learning from and solving windows problems over the years.

I can't agree with you more. I also love Windows, Been running windows since 3.1 and have never really had many problems with the operating system itself. Of course since its such a large industry built around it most of the problems people have with it are third party faults. Of course the included software is lacking, But that has made large corporations with amazing products and of course jobs.

Reliability has never been a problem for me, I run my machine 24/7 and the only time it ever restarts is because of software/driver updates. Don't know if I'm lucky or not, but I have never had a problem with any windows update.

I could go on and on but this isn't the forum for it.

Yup, i agree. If you keep a machine within its own "time capsule" it will run right for as long as you have it.

Thanks guys, the windows rant is just my .02 and the pictures are a concept I came up with that I hope to make something of someday. I appreciate your interest & promise to add more to the whole idea sometime soon... :)

:beer:

Sander

Woow Very beautifull pics man !!!
I'dd love to see that.

greets from the Netherlands

damn that's extreme incredible awesome dude :eek:. Wow really nice work!
*set as wallpaper*

Thanks again everyone for your feedback, it's very much appreciated!! :D :D I swear I will get to adding more pics to this thread soon to keep it all interesting, I've just been busy & haven't made the time yet....

6a00d8341cabb253ef010536bc95c7970c-500pi

MrChicken I'm just curious which one you chose as wallpaper? :beer: