Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brain Storming: Will you be the next laser pointer designer?

Hey every professional laser expert, :wave:
Do you have a laser pointer with perfect shell and working output without any flaw in your collections? Are you still enduring with these flaws that push you to obsolete the costly lasers? If the answer is ‘yes’, come to this thread to illustrate your idea of laser designing. There is a saying goes that, ‘I want to eat a dream.’ I bet this brain storming campaign will blow a wind of creativities. Come on! Let’s see how big your dream is.

‘I’m not satisfied with the shell?’
‘It cannot reach the power I desired?’
‘I wanna have a laser with rubber-texture handlebar.’
‘… …’
Much more ideas? Just tell us! As long as you have any tips of your dreamed laser, you are encouraged to share us your flying thoughts.

We will collect your innovative ideas to our customizing laser manufacture to make a final design sketch. After the sketch finalised, they will produce it to make your dream comes into reality. Inspiringly, we will present it as a reward to them whose idea was adopted. For other people, we accept your pre-orders of this unique laser!

Can you imagine how distinctive you are with a unique laser designed by yourself in hand?

Why still be hesitating? Our future designers, open your mind, type your keyboard, draw your design, and show us your mind!

Hey every professional laser expert, :wave:
Do you have a laser pointer with perfect shell and working output without any flaw in your collections? Are you still enduring with these flaws that push you to obsolete the costly lasers? If the answer is ‘yes’, come to this thread to illustrate your idea of laser designing. There is a saying goes that, ‘I want to eat a dream.’ I bet this brain storming campaign will blow a wind of creativities. Come on! Let’s see how big your dream is.

‘I’m not satisfied with the shell?’
‘It cannot reach the power I desired?’
‘I wanna have a laser with rubber-texture handlebar.’
‘… …’
Much more ideas? Just tell us! As long as you have any tips of your dreamed laser, you are encouraged to share us your flying thoughts.

We will collect your innovative ideas to our customizing laser manufacture to make a final design sketch. After the sketch finalised, they will produce it to make your dream comes into reality. Inspiringly, we will present it as a reward to them whose idea was adopted. For other people, we accept your pre-orders of this unique laser!

Can you imagine how distinctive you are with a unique laser designed by yourself in hand?

Why still be hesitating? Our future designers, open your mind, type your keyboard, draw your design, and show us your mind!

TheTeslaWarrior on here has shown me a few really good looking designs. Contact him. heheh ask about the Tropic

well, all we need to invent is a substance whose strong nuclear force affects photons and we'll have a black laser

it'd be cool to have a handheld pulsed ruby laser. except they'd probably have to class it as an actual weapon :crackup:

Auto focus.
Removable heatsink/module that would fit multiple hosts.
Battery life indicator.
Built in battery charger.
Power controller. So you can set it to low, med, or high power output.
On spec laser. If it is advertised as 200mW it really is 200mW.
A host that does not look like a flashlight.
Brass, chrome, copper, and other mixed metals for the host.
Goggles included with every laser sold.

Ceramic module.
Multi line capabilities
Multi power settings

interchangeable power source.

reasonably priced.

oh yea! legal in US, and also arrives as advertised free from defect and in working condition without a dead battery and scratched up optics.;)

ped

X/Y micro galvo's & auto controller in a reasonably sized handheld host.

Ash

Okay. Here are some reasonable requests (we are dealing with reality [manufacturing ability-China] here [there will be no ceramic modules, x/y scanners or "black" lasers]
Important to me:
Waterproof
Focusable
At (or above) the advertised power (with power guarantee and/or LPM graph sent with laser)
at least a 3-month repair/replace warranty
multiple power settings would be great with (or without) pulsed mode
longer than 90-second duty cycles
close to 0.8-1.3mRad divergence
IR filters (standard) on greens
---
and this is something I was thinking about this morning... The opposite of a beam-expander so we can get the 5mm-diameter direct-diode laser beams down to 1.5mm-diameter, so ... a beam-condenser?

thanks guys, all your opinions are welcomed, and we will be glad, if you can pay more attention on the design and mainfraime. do you have any creative idea on the style of the laser?

cooltonmonster.jpg

cooltonmonster2.jpg

tropic2.jpg

lol heres the "tropic"

Last edited:
I vote #1 of Tesla's!

Features included that would be nice, would be

interchangeable battery tubes for different types of cells,

An easy focus to infinity indicator,

and an accessible module to access diode, or green module for replacement.

ixfd64

If the FDA safety features are not an issue, then you should considering putting your lasers in popular DIY hosts. (Personally, I think the MXDL 4171 looks the best.) Perhaps you guys could get in touch with a manufacturer of flashlight hosts, etc.