Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BobMc's Laser Museum

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah Paul, I think they got pretty popular for a while, around the time of IsaacT's thread that I linked to(2013).
I've got a couple of sizes of them; what I like is that they fold up small, and they're very light weight.
You still may be able to find some of those clamps elsewhere that are still made in the U.S., I just linked to that site for a visual reference.

The difference visually is in the post that slides in the screw appliance. The U.S. made ones are not the thin type with larger posts on each end. It is a single thick post that is crimped on the ends.

i recognize a couple of these :D the mini 445 looks awesome with that knurled focus knob.

BobMc

i recognize a couple of these :D the mini 445 looks awesome with that knurled focus knob.

Yep, it sure does. It's still up and running great. It's actually one of the ones I take with me, and use all the time. Great build. Liitle kick butt unit. :gj:

BobMc

I updated the pictures with a few new Builds/Buys, thought might be worth a look :)

BobMc

geezzz bob,
you really lasered up since i was a regular here...lol
very nice collection

:thanks: Virtue. I lived in Mac@Cheese for about a year while I was building my collection, still got a few more to add. (it's so addicting!) but a side benefit was, I lost about 10 lbs this last year, so it was a win win. :)

That's the hobby for you. :whistle: :D

So true, it's s fun hobby straight across the board. A little pricey, but oh, so fun. :lasergun:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Your collection made you a little bit 'light'er! :D Sure you didn't need the side benefit. But you are now lighter pocket wise as well. :p
And absolutely, pricey but fun.
This should be added after everyone's collection.

BobMc said:
...still got a few more to add
:crackup:

Last edited:

BobMc

Your collection made you a little bit 'light'er! :D

Sure you didn't need the side benefit.

Haaaaa, quick of wit pun! Nice :D

And let's not talk about the necessity (or not) of the side benefits. But just for the record. Clothes do seem to shrink faster than they did when I was a kid. Think it has to do with the amount of sunspots that have been appearing lately :D