Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beware of the member Demented !

Man, that is a bummer. It sounds like you have taken the proper precautions for when this sort of thing unfortunately happens, so that is good. Your rep here is beyond reproach... and warning others of potential danger just further solidifies that fact.

I sure am glad you guys took a chance with this n00b (me). :)

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Cheers,
Clayton

Well i recently realized "luxbyluminousflux" on my MS-Envy's pre-sale thread at 6th spot is Matthew Durrant, go figure!

Far be it for me to tell you how to run your business, Sulman. But are you going to do business with that a$$hat? I'm still out a laser and $350 because of that cock monger.

Far be it for me to tell you how to run your business, Sulman. But are you going to do business with that a$$hat? I'm still out a laser and $350 because of that cock monger.

More to the point, if its the same guy that scammed you and got banned, why is he still an active member? :can::banned:

Edit: Ive got an idea. Why dont all the sellers that have been scammed edit a new thread with the actual names of the people that have scammed them. That way it would be harder for them just to start a new account under a new name. When people come to pay you could check the names on the list...;) Perhaps it would also be better to put this in the Vets section so the scammers cant see it. People selling could then ask a vet to check for them, if they arent a vet already.

I think that it would be quite a good way of dealing with things, so Ive just started a new thread. :beer:

Edit 2: For Scumbag, just stumbled on this (Mathew Durrant and Scam in google)...http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54681 ;)

Last edited:

AnthoT

Hey Blord this really sucks this is happening to you :( But Paypal should side with you given there's tracking.. If they don't PM me I've got some paypal emails that can help you out if it gets bad :beer:

sinner

What about him ? Matthew Durrant doesn't ring a bell to me.
I am about to ship a laser to him. :eek:

You can't imagine how much i am sorry for your loss, I refused to do business with that douchebag, I refunded his money for JAD kit MS-SSW , What do you think im going to do now?
People like him only bring negative energy to our forum!

@blord: He successfully scammed SBA out of $350 laser, he recieved the laser and filed a dispute which went bad and he decided to screw the whole deal.
Later he tried to do the same with me but i decided not to do business with him entirely!
Just make sure you sent it with signature confirmation etc.

More to the point, if its the same guy that scammed you and got banned, why is he still an active member? :can::banned:

Edit: Ive got an idea. Why dont all the sellers that have been scammed edit a new thread with the actual names of the people that have scammed them. That way it would be harder for them just to start a new account under a new name. When people come to pay you could check the names on the list...;) Perhaps it would also be better to put this in the Vets section so the scammers cant see it. People selling could then ask a vet to check for them, if they arent a vet already.

I think that it would be quite a good way of dealing with things, so Ive just started a new thread. :beer:

Edit 2: For Scumbag, just stumbled on this (Mathew Durrant and Scam in google)...Romance Scam ? Matt Durant, mattclicku@yahoo.com ;)

That is a great idea. Let everyone know who he/she is with their address also.

Far be it for me to tell you how to run your business, Sulman. But are you going to do business with that a$$hat? I'm still out a laser and $350 because of that c*** monger.

Wow, I was angry about the $125 I lost and thought that was a lot from one member who lied to me.

$350 and a laser, I would be LIVID!

Last edited:
i recently got scammed to on ebay,, ended up winning but is annoying for sellers and a waste of time ...

Actually it happend to me too about two weeks ago ... But the buyer was not a lpf member. He opened a case after he got the package.

But , in addition to the tracking I always take a picture of the package before shipping with the address of the buyer.

So ... he actually lost the case after a few days.

Hope all of these scammers will stay away from lpf :beer:

But , in addition to the tracking I always take a picture of the package before shipping with the address of the buyer.

Do you take just the picture of the package ready to ship out, or several pictures as you're packing?

I tend to also snap a picture before I drop off the package, but never had to use it yet.

Do you take just the picture of the package ready to ship out, or several pictures as you're packing?

I tend to also snap a picture before I drop off the package, but never had to use it yet.

I take a picture before and after ... the most important thing is that the address will be in the picture.

Hope you will never need to use these pictures man :beer:

I want everybody to know to be cautious with the member Demented. Here is his profile, Laser Pointers - View Profile: Demented

He was interested in my 1.5Watt 501B laser. After the PayPal payment I ship him the laser. Few days after receiving it he is trying to scam me with the PayPal payment reversal. The reason is unauthorized access to his PayPal account.

My shipment is always registered mail and so I have a tracking number for the shipment. It show clearly the package was delivered at his place.
Also the PayPal payment was for goods so I have a Seller Protection. I keep the money no matter the outcome of the PP case. That is the insurance of the PP fee I had to pay for the transaction.

I have PM him about this case and all I hear is silence. That is clearly a sign of a scammer.
Just be ware of this person. The forum is better off without him. :banned:

Blord, why don't you open your little online laser shop?
Gotta be a LOT more secure than relying on the goodwill and conscience of the mass.

Here is a little vid about online scamming.
Not exactly about lasers, but still applies.

I've just sent a package out to a noob, took pics of the inside packaging, a vid of the laser working, pic of the packaging and a receipt from the post office with the buyers zip code on it, that should cover all aspects

I once got scammed on Fleabay for $700 for a Yaesu HAM transceiver. It was most likely stupidity on my part - all of the hallmarks of scammer were on the ad, and I was too interested in a shiny, new gadget...

I like the idea of a thread/post for scammers, showing their addresses and such - but you've got to be careful with that, or else the law could turn against you for leaking personally identifiable information. You'd probably want to put this thread somewhere that Google/spiders can't get to it, and maybe restrict it somehow to people that are authorized to sell? No idea.

Another potential idea for you, kind of on the other side. Could a thread be made/forum/posts/whatever - for trades that are successful, so that:

A) A forum record exists of the transaction - this could help with buyer/seller credibility, potentially
B) There's a place to look to see if anyone's dealt with the buyer/seller before

Sorry for rambling here - I just know what it's like to have been stung.

Thanks, norbyx for taking a chance and selling me a laser!