Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beware of the member Demented !

Blord

I want everybody to know to be cautious with the member Demented. Here is his profile, Laser Pointers - View Profile: Demented

He was interested in my 1.5Watt 501B laser. After the PayPal payment I ship him the laser. Few days after receiving it he is trying to scam me with the PayPal payment reversal. The reason is unauthorized access to his PayPal account.

My shipment is always registered mail and so I have a tracking number for the shipment. It show clearly the package was delivered at his place.
Also the PayPal payment was for goods so I have a Seller Protection. I keep the money no matter the outcome of the PP case. That is the insurance of the PP fee I had to pay for the transaction.

I have PM him about this case and all I hear is silence. That is clearly a sign of a scammer.
Just be ware of this person. The forum is better off without him. :banned:

Sorry to hear you got scammed....:cryyy:

I've seen this too often...

I'll give you a little free LPF sales advise and it should
help other LPF sellers that get scammed by noobs.

If the $$$ from the sale is the most important thing
and one sells to NOOBS with a very low post count
that have not yet established any credibility then
oneis up $hit creek when one gets scammed by
that noob stranger..

If you can afford to loose your product and $$$
then one can go ahead and play the odds.

I prefer to not sell to them if I can't reach out and
touch them. Once in a while I'll take a chance but
not often.

BTW...
Last Activity: Yesterday 10:15 AM
Current Activity: Private Messaging

Jerry

Last edited:
Sucks to hear OP.

Don't be afraid of all "noobs" though. Apex just took a chance on me and sold me an awesome 445 laser! Buying a second one now for an envious friend. Lol

We're not all bad. A good idea is to make the package have a signature required. Hard for the scammer to dispute the claim with their signature.

You've been such a good builder for this forum, and been good to me. hate to hear about this. you'll be getting more business from me.

Blord, I'm sorry this is happening to you. I wish you the best of luck. I don't know if it's an option for you, but I have gone to only accepting money orders or cashier's checks for lasers. It's impossible to reverse, and gives both parties the protection of the law, rather than the fickle notions of a corporation.

I hate scammers. Just neg repped him. :banned:

Last edited:

sinner

Well i recently realized "luxbyluminousflux" on my MS-Envy's pre-sale thread at 6th spot is Matthew Durrant, go figure!

That sucks. Left him a little present and warning. Engaging in fraud over international borders... a major crime. Given that you are outside the US, you can report him to the FBI.

I love how all of his -rep is coming from his post on my FS ad :crackup: i could care less but glad i saw this since he could have almost bought my light and tried to scam me! GL Blord and we all know you are not at fault here!

ped

Go's to show the importance of doing things right.

Shipped as goods, tracked mail.. Scammer doesn't stand a chance.

Did I mention he's now banned :)

Edit...he's left his steam ID on his profile, I may leave him a little present on their ;)

Last edited:

Blord

Well i recently realized "luxbyluminousflux" on my MS-Envy's pre-sale thread at 6th spot is Matthew Durrant, go figure!

What about him ? Matthew Durrant doesn't ring a bell to me.
I am about to ship a laser to him. :eek:

Go's to show the importance of doing things right.

Shipped as goods, tracked mail.. Scammer doesn't stand a chance.

Paypal payment for goods will eat some percentage of the total sum but it will ease the mind for a fee.

And tracked mail is also mandatory. I have shipped once regular without tracked and prompt the buyer was asking for a refund because the laser didn't arrived. I had no proof of shipment. :tired:

Last edited:
Like SBA said it might be a good idea to only use
International Money orders for Noob or iffy sales.

Just include the PayPal fees in your selling price
and you will be much safer using tracking and
signature if available.

Some international Shipping from Canada does
not allow Signature Confirmation.

Jerry

Last edited: