Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best deal on 26 gauge silicone insulated wire and heatshrink

ATTENTION I will be away and not not able to ship orders from 5-10-17 until 5-24-17, I will be attending CampLEM Mark I, in NORCAL

Howdy All

Well I have the best quality silicon insulated wire available it would seem so everyone will be getting a good deal here !
Wire prices have went down and mine is no different so come and get it as it's the very best you can buy it's 26 gauge wire
it has 64 strands of 44 gauge wire with a silicone insulation which will not melt back under the heat of your soldering iron.

Don't be taken in by inferior silicone wire with thin insulation or bigger and less conductors, it cost less for a reason.

Can you say mini welding cable cuz that is just what it's like very flexible and great current carrying capacity.

This really is the best size for this work any thing larger is a bit too big as it is not as flexible. this wire has no
problems carrying 5-6 amps all day long and we all know that is way more than is needed in our use ;)

My wire comes in 8 colors so you can have a choice and is sold in 20 foot hanks for $5.00 that is .25 per
foot the best deal going for this superior quality wire ! New lower price 20 cents per foot

Red Blue Yellow White Purple Green Orange Black.

Sorry but at this low price I must collect PP fees and shipping which is usually only a few dollars per package,
if you order a large qty of wire that will only increase a small amount.

And if you need more heatshrink tubing than I normally give away with a purchase I will sell it at $.50 per foot I have
three sizes size #1 is 1.20mm-3/64" and is white in color. size #2 is 1.60mm-1/16" and is yellow in color,
size #3 is 2.40mm-3/32" and is black in color. size #4 is white in color & 3.20mm-1/8".

The smallest is just the right size for one strand of this wire and the #2 size you can get two wires in and the #3 size
you can get 3 wires in easily and 4 if you push a bit and the #4 size you can get 6 each of the 26 gauge wires in.

2mypxso.jpg

All of these are 20 foot lengths
BLACK 26 gauge

RED 26 gauge

WHITE 26 gauge

BLUE 26 gauge

GREEN26 gauge

ORANGE 26 gauge

YELLOW 26 gauge

PURPLE 26 gauge

Special deal two 10' lengths one red one black for $5.00

And now 22 gauge silicone insulated wire in Red or Black @ .25 per foot :D

Black 22 gauge

Red 22 gauge

Four sizes of heat shrink available

2ihrvpl.jpg

Heat Shrink per foot size 1, it is 3/64" ID each time you hit this button you add one foot of heat shrink to your order

Heat Shrink per foot size 2, it is 1/16" ID each time you hit this button you add one foot of heat shrink to your order

Heat Shrink per foot size 3, it is 3/32" ID each time you hit this button you add one foot of heat shrink to your order

Heat Shrink per foot size 4, it is 1/8" ID each time you hit this button you add one foot of heat shrink to your order

And you can also get this fine wire in a kit with some heat shrink

This is a wiring kit made up with 4 colors of silicone 26g wire and three sizes of heat shrink tubing.
There is no choice of colors but you will get 4 different ones in each kit.
You will get a total of 2 feet of wire and approx 6 inches of heat shrink tubing, enough to make
approx 6 laser or more if you are making hand held lasers.
this kit is $1.50 plus shipping.

Silicone Wire Kit $1.50

check out this link> http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/flaminpyros-stuf-67118.html#post966672

Last edited:

jakeGT

I have a fairly simple question involving solder hoots and heatshrink tubing.

Okay, here goes

When I solder, I never know what's best, to completely incase both wires your soldering together with solder, so that both of them are covered with solder, or if they are simply held together, with like a bridge over the top of them, even if the bottom is not inside the solder, is that okay? Because when I have both wires I'n solder, I have to use larger heat shrink to be able to fit both wires and the solder joint I'n there

I hope you understand what I mean haha, I didn't know how to quite put it

Do you use FPs flux? What I do is pretin the wire then put a little flux on it... Then when I solder two wires together I never have the problem you are describing ;) the only solder you need is the solder you used to pretin the wires, no extra is needed on your iron... Just touch them together...

Great price Jeff, awesome price for the very best wire for our hobby.

Okay, here goes

When I solder, I never know what's best, to completely incase both wires your soldering together with solder, so that both of them are covered with solder, or if they are simply held together, with like a bridge over the top of them, even if the bottom is not inside the solder, is that okay? Because when I have both wires I'n solder, I have to use larger heat shrink to be able to fit both wires and the solder joint I'n there

Last edited:

jakeGT

There's no problems, I'm just saying I was wondering if as long as there is solder holding the two together it's fine right? If I'm not satisfied I try to have both wires actually inside solder together

Okay, here goes

If you strip lets say 1/8" of the insulation on the ends that you
want to solder together.. Then tin the ends with solder.

With the ends facing each other ..you would then place one
tinned wire over the other by a little less than the 1/8" you
stripped.
You would then wet the pre-tinned joints with the iron...
The 2 tinned bare ends would then be ~ the Diameter of the
insulated wire and the heat shrink would not look lumpy..

This technique is used in low current applications... For higher
current applications you will need to make a mechanical joint
before soldering (Stripping longer and twisting the two ends
together...etc.)
There is no way of avoiding a lump under the heat shrink this
way..

Jerry

Tin, Tin, Tin, that is the bottom line if everything you want to solder together is not tinned well then you will have a much harder time at it.
use flux and a min amount of solder and tin them parts ;)

Last edited:
Did I mention I have some really good solder flux it will help you to make a much better solder joint than you could with out it, I have been soldering for over 40 years and have found no better then this.
It comes in a 1ml and 3ml syringe for easy application, PM me if you are interested ;)

Last edited:

DTR

The only time I don't pretin is when I am wiring a flex or similar driver with the little holes. I just use a small amount of flux, feed the wire through the hole so that you can just barley see the wire coming out the other side and then put a little solder on it. It will just draw it right in the hole and make a great connection.;)

Hey Jeff great to see you offering that shrink tubing. Great stuff I use the yellow 2.36mm a lot.:D

jayrob

Hey Jeff, PM sent for more of that awesome wire...

Please send the larger size heat shrink tubing if you end up including some.

I want another solder syringe too! :) (charge me for it this time though)

:thanks:

jakeGT

I need all kinds of crap
flux
flexdrive screwdriver
heatshrink
wire
what else is there?

jakeGT

Did i not say buttfor??
I'll probably need at least 3 or 4 buttfor's