Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Basic Tools Needed..

Hi Guys, im a newbie when it comes to laser assembly, I want to learn more.. but before learning.. can you guys let me know what are the BASIC, and Advance tools that i might need in having my own laser Laboratory... thanks!

Eku

Erm really all you need is money, soldering iron, solder and maybe an allen wrench.

IMO, I would add:

A small vise and third hand, magnifying glass, multimeter.

Eku

IMO, I would add:

A small vise and third hand, magnifying glass, multimeter.

Thrid hand is very helpful I find a magnifying glass to make it harder and a vise and multi-meter are option but recommend i'd say.

This list was already posted somewhere before. Use th search button...........rob

robson

I'm after a soldering iron, anyone recommend good one but not to dear and wat tip i need would it be pointed tip for soldering and also wat solder is best to use

Last edited:
^You need a 25W iron (I recommend an inexpensive Weller model) and a fine pointed tip. Narrow guage 60/40 rosin core solder works best.

I'd consult this page. It's for DIY audio, but covers all the aspects of soldering, the iron, the tools, and the technique.

Before you start, you need to ask yourself if you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars on this hobby, only to burn electrical tape, pop balloons, and light matches. I'm not implying it's a bad thing though.

I'd consult this page. It's for DIY audio, but covers all the aspects of soldering, the iron, the tools, and the technique.

Before you start, you need to ask yourself if you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars on this hobby, only to burn electrical tape, pop balloons, and light matches or build wickedly awesome laser show scanners. I'm not implying it's a bad thing though.

There.. I fixed your post.