Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ban Abberation please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so... not on that Geese Thread...

Originally Posted by aberration
snake tastes good too. I wonder, do you eat the rats killed in the city?

It sure seems to me that he meant to insult someone with that Trolling
comment directed at MFO..

Jerry

I'm not sorry I contributed to that mess. I extremely despise people who act all macho with a gun in their hands. Anyone can squeeze a trigger.

Dave, you should know I have nothing but utmost respect for you. With that being said, I couldn't just leave that thread, he needed to be put in his place, the same way you put Tyler in his place when more and more evidence came into light that he was a thieving liar.

There is a HUUUUGGGGEEEE difference between a thieving liar and someone who's beliefs you might disagree with in the heat of an argument. A thieving liar is a problem for everyone, a hunter (regardless of what they do with the game) or someone with less regard for animals than people is not. One's feelings on firearms and hunting may be VERY different than someone else's but that DOES NOT MAKE EITHER ONE A CRIMINAL LIKE DECEIT AND THEFT DO.. Criminals and repeat offenders are what we should be worried about. The fact that this member was banned because of comments in one thread only that went against what someone else feels or believes is absolutely ridiculous and makes me question the folks running this place, quite frankly. I get the need to be fair, but fair this aint, plain and simple. I'm absolutely stunned by this, regardless of the fact that I might disagree with the way aberration feels.

I understand being against trolling, but to ban someone because they made inflammatory comments during an argument is just dumb. As I said before, people talk shit when they're pissed. Is that really a reason to ban someone? And when they don't have any other history of being a problem, too?

Last edited:
There is a HUUUUGGGGEEEE difference between a thieving liar and someone who's beliefs you might disagree with in the heat of an argument. A thieving liar is a problem for everyone, a hunter (regardless of what they do with the game) or someone with less regard for animals than people is not. One's feelings on firearms and hunting may be VERY different than someone else's but that DOES NOT MAKE EITHER ONE A CRIMINAL LIKE DECEIT AND THEFT DO.. Criminals and repeat offenders are what we should be worried about. The fact that this member was banned because of comments in one thread only that went against what someone else feels or believes is absolutely ridiculous and makes me question the folks running this place, quite frankly. I get the need to be fair, but fair this aint, plain and simple. I'm absolutely stunned by this, regardless of the fact that I might disagree with the way aberration feels.

I understand being against trolling, but to ban someone because they made inflammatory comments during an argument is just dumb. As I said before, people talk shit when they're pissed. Is that really a reason to ban someone? And when they don't have any other history of being a problem, too?

Hey EF....
the Mod that banned him said to contact him (the Mod) if anyone
disagrees with his decision... It seems that the banning is not written
in stone...
And I don't even know if this was a temp or permanent ban..:thinking:

Jerry

^The mods can read the threads. Really this isn't my direct problem, and I don't care if aberration is here or isn't, but I do have issues with the how this was handled. It's c0ld's forum so what he says goes, all I'm doing is explaining why I think this was far too extreme of an outcome. It makes me wonder when I'm going to be banned for stating my opinions or getting in an argument.

I don't think so... not on that Geese Thread...

It sure seems to me that he meant to insult someone with that Trolling
comment directed at MFO..

Jerry

Well, "I hope someone shoots you with a pellet gun you cold piece of shit" is not a way to start an argument either.

While I agree with you MFO , i would think Tech_junkie would have been banned for this a LOOONG time ago .

w_toro_blk.jpg

You're just still mad I neg repped you for trying to start a flame war. You failed so you got repped. Live with it.

I have a list in my sig of the people I target LOL. I dont just random troll, like Derangedunits. I just happen to be better at than most LMAO.

daguin

This problem exists because the posters and the admin dropped the ball. The thread should have been closed long before this problem developed

Did Aberation go too far? Absolutely. However, others made much more inflammatory remarks toward him than he did toward others. Telling someone that he should be shot and being called a cold piece of shit, because he holds an unpopular OFF-TOPIC attitude, is well beyond simple trolling.

If Abberation should be banned for his posts in that thread then so should several others.

EVERYBODY should also learn that animal treatment threads should be avoided at all costs in a laser forum. Religion isn't even as volatile as this topic.

Peace,
dave

Razako

Honestly it looks like mfo started the trolling with his "I hope you get shot with a pellet gun you cold piece of shit" and "Go F*CK yourself" comments. Abberation just let it get to him and kept replying back. The whole thread got way out of hand by and should have been locked after page 2. The OP's question had been answered and nothing productive was coming from the thread.

Here's another mfo quote from that thread directed at cyparagon. If this isn't trolling idk what is:thinking:
"You obviously lack the brain capacity to see the brutally obvious differences in what you've just said. However you can't just blow somethings brains across a field because it's a nuisance. As someone said earlier, we humans are always expanding our territories and constantly invading other animals habitats. Where are they supposed to go? Oh, I know, I'll just shoot the goddamn thing! Hell, I have an idea; why don't we invade a country and kill all of it's natives and then take it over and call it our own! Oh wait we already did that..."

People like mfo probably live in a city/urban area and don't have to deal with animal problems. They need to accept that some people who live out in the country have different cultures and beliefs regarding the value of animal life. It's easy to criticize when you're not the one with wild animals wrecking your property.

Last edited:
Did Aberation go too far? Absolutely. However, others made much more inflammatory remarks toward him than he did toward others. Telling someone that he should be shot and being called a cold piece of shit, because he holds an unpopular OFF-TOPIC attitude, is well beyond simple trolling.

If Abberation should be banned for his posts in that thread then so should several others.
No doubt. 100% agree.

Last edited:
w_toro_blk.jpg

You're just still mad I neg repped you for trying to start a flame war. You failed so you got repped. Live with it.

I have a list in my sig of the people I target LOL. I dont just random troll, like Derangedunits. I just happen to be better at than most LMAO.

Did i neg rep you back? Nope.

Why dont you re-read what I wrote, the specific reason you came up IS because you are a self proclaimed troll..

Just like LasersBee said, you have given a disclaimer saying you will do what you do.

Im not mad that you neg repped me.. I just think it was BS , just like what you type and the pictures you post. It's my take and opinion of you.

And just because a person says they will bust your balls or be a complete moron (or as LaserBen said " your the best assclown he knows") , doesnt mean it's ok in everyones book.

Ill just avoid you from here on.

Sorry to disagree with you but I'm far from a moron. I also have way more friends than you do, so most people dont mind. The only people that mind are the clowns I pull out of the crowd that do something stupid, like you. You still wont except the fact you were stiring the pot. The only BS was from you.

D

Deleted member 8382

daguin, as mfo said, you know I respect you so much, but I still can't agree with a word of what you just said. I also hope he gets shot with a pellet gun in order to know how does it feel. They guy says he shots at the animals that annoy him and then he leaves the bodies in the garden to advise the others. I guess when coyotes come to eat it then he will shot at them too for making noise? Come on...

Maybe Aberration was full of shit or having a bad day or both.. most people have the good sense to not say those kinds of things unless they know it'll get a rise out of someone. Regardless, everyone who continued posting in that thread was at fault. There's no excuse for veteran members to act like that and then have their actions endorsed by a mod by banning. What should have happened is the thread should have been locked and the user given a warning first. It's certainly possible that he is a crappy person, but everyone deserves a warning before further consequences are doled out.

And not everyone shares your love of animals. You need to accept that the same as they have to accept your views. Neither one of you are wrong in a case like this. There is no law or ethical standard that says that hunting, skinning, trading pelts or sport hunting is "wrong". It's up to each person to make their own call based on what they feel is immoral, but much like religion, we all have to accept each others beliefs. Having a bitch-fest sure isn't the answer. You can defend said childish bitch-fest by playing the white knight if you want, but it's BS and both of us know it could have been handled better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

Well, it might be that I just can't stand people who treat animals like that. I think you all know my position since I posted the bullfighting thread. HOWEVER, one thing is to don't love animals or to don't care and the other is to deliberately promote their killing for fun.

The guy not only said he did it, HE WAS RECOMMENDING to the thread starter to just kill the poor birds instead of scaring them so that they wouldn't annoy anymore.

It's not just a matter of opinions, it's a matter of being an asshole. Again, I might overreact a bit with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.