Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BadBoyBilly's build quality.

BobMc

I have always love Bad boy's build threads, so when I saw one of his builds on Ebay for sale, I had to jump on it with both feet. I am soooo glad I did. His build quality is more than just shows up on his threads. From the flawless battery tube, not to tight, not to loose, just prefect-a-moon-do. The way the push-button switch is smooth and gentle to the touch. To the tailcap that looks so professorial and the pressed in cooper sink. It's a press fit diode also, so it's makes the whole host a little better heat sink. Solid, real solid feeling in the hand. Not to mention the cool little flashlight holster he sent with it. Tested out on my new 60 watt LPM I got from Astralist ( going to do a review in the future, after I use it a bit, so far very happy ) anyways tests out at 5.147 watts not to shabby at all. :). Seeing how he machined all from scratch makes the build that much better. So :drool: worthy.
Here's a link to his build thread;
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/custom-5-5w-nubmo6-build-sale-100541.html
18_zps9ojtybdz.jpg

16_zpshgwpkqbs.jpg

14_zpspz2js7yt.jpg

12_zpsilfiibtm.jpg

6_zpszqvdciqh.jpg

5_zpsfzzjbhrj.jpg

4_zpspylhxyr5.jpg

3_zpsx4l529vp.jpg

2_zpspx4ke8yx.jpg

17_zpszz2ammxe.jpg

I know, uber nice stuff he is doing. Great to have a shout out for him, but I can sure see it too.

Reactions: GSS
I've seen several of his builds now and join with everyone else to say his builds are always a thing of beauty. Nice of you to give him a shout out here, Bob.

BobMc

I've seen several of his builds now and join with everyone else to say his builds are always a thing of beauty. Nice of you to give him a shout out here, Bob.

:thanks: Paul, things of beauty, so true, his builds are.

@ BadBoyBilly; if you can, please send me a link where you purchased the holster. It's the size I've been looking for a couple other units I have. Bought some off ebay but their either to large or small. :thanks:

Radim

Nice laser, Bob. It's awesome what can be got as custom build. Great to have LPF, otherwise such amazing lasers would not be on the market. :)

Hi Bob
Thanks for the nice words, and everyone else.

I'm surprised you haven't noticed with all your Wicked Laser Nano,s
The holster was sent to me buy a forum member with a nano I bought just
Recently forgot members name now but the WL name was cut off the holster to avoid
Customs seizure of the laser!

BobMc

Hi Bob
Thanks for the nice words, and everyone else.

I'm surprised you haven't noticed with all your Wicked Laser Nano,s
The holster was sent to me buy a forum member with a nano I bought just
Recently forgot members name now but the WL name was cut off the holster to avoid
Customs seizure of the laser!

I did notice that it was the same size but didn't notice the sticker was cut off. It was the size I was/am looking for. Thought you found a source for that size. I've got half a dozen different sizes I've bought of eBay but can't find that exact size. Was hoping. :)

@Radim; thanks, it is a wonderful build, glad to have it.

Last edited:

Benm

What is the thermal performance like on this laser?

It looks very nice and quite beefy, but does it have enough heatsinking for continous operation at 5 watts?

Av8tor

OooH! Yo le gusta!! Doesn't it feel nicer unsheathed?!:crackup: Dang thats a great size for 5W, and superb milling job BadBoyBilly!

BobMc

What is the thermal performance like on this laser?

It looks very nice and quite beefy, but does it have enough heatsinking for continous operation at 5 watts?

She good for 30 seconds-ish at a time, I try to take it easy on my units.:wave:

OooH! Yo le gusta!! Doesn't it feel nicer unsheathed?!:crackup: Dang thats a great size for 5W, and superb milling job BadBoyBilly!

She is a beauty, the pictures don't do her justice, wish they had turned out better. :thanks:

Last edited:
He does beautiful work on hosts. He has a few hosts with corrective optics that are sleek. I wish that he would make a standard platform for us to snatch up. Host, heatsink, optics bay, pot mount hole, driver shelf...I would drop some money an a few. I bet they wouldn't be up for more than a day...and Bob would buy them all before we could log into PayPal hehe :wave:

BobMc

He does beautiful work on hosts. He has a few hosts with corrective optics that are sleek. I wish that he would make a standard platform for us to snatch up. Host, heatsink, optics bay, pot mount hole, driver shelf...I would drop some money an a few. I bet they wouldn't be up for more than a day...and Bob would buy them all before we could log into PayPal hehe :wave:

Well that depends on how fast you can log into your PayPal account. :crackup:

But that would be nice if he'd sell the hosts minus the diode, bet they would sell, I too would buy a few. :)

Last edited: