Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad vibes with shortround 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all

I just wanted to make people aware here that if you deal with shortround92 you in for bumpy ride, this guy contacted me to make him up a SH-032 kit so
I spent several PM's trying to get everything straight as we went along he was asking for more parts and then he asked me to basically assemble the laser
for him well at this point I asked him if he was over 18 years old and I was very nice to him, here is what I said>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So basically you want me to build it for you is that correct ?

I don't really do that, I do not supply working lasers, I do however supply kits, can you assemble things or are you all thumbs ? there will be no soldering !

And I will need some kind of proof that you are over 18 years old, if your an adult you will understand I would not like to sell your young son or daughter
something they could hurt them self's or others with with out you knowing about it and if your not an adult then please forget about it as it's not going to happen.

Jeff...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So he got offended that I would ask him this question and he sent me a nasty PM and said to forget the order that he would buy from some one else.

and I replied with>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow You are offended sorry for that but it's nothing personal as you have seen to take it it's more about not selling a completed powerful laser to your
daughter or any ones daughter, guess you didn't get that point.

So do you still want to buy the parts if so I will sell them to to you.

Have a good day in any case

Jeff...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today I find another nasty PM from him and he tells me basically I should be wagging my finger at people like DTR and Apex Proxy for selling laser parts
that can hurt some one, this guy is one bubble off center and I would not have any thing to do with him if I was you guys.

any one that wants to see what he has said to me just ask and I will show you but I can not put his words up here.

Have a good day all :beer:

Trevor

How dare you sell us what we want! :tsk:

He must have a future in politics. :crackup:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Trevor

Last edited:
Never me t the guy-
met Jeff and he is an asset to this forum for sure.
this other 'person' is an asshat.
TY for the heads up - this member deserves shunning- hak

Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like the kinda person that would purposely burn him self just to blame it on you...Better to stay away from morons like that anyway.

Young people with lasers can cause problems but I do know of some very responsible younger people in the hobby. How would they be able to participate if lasers were only sold to the oldies? I'll make sure to note his username. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the heads up Jeff. Will keep an eye out. :beer:

First off, what right does that guy have bringing me into a conversation like that and putting me down when he has never once talked to me and knows nothing about me or my business ethics. Seeing as how nice it is to be put down in a conversation I knew nothing about by someone I have never had any contact with I don't expect I will ever be doing any business with him. DTR is one of the most respected members of this site so this guys is just totally off his rocker and has no clue what he is talking about.

Also, not to mention this guy clearly doesn't care about anyone but himself. Asking for proof of age is common practice when dealing with lasers for the simple fact that they are dangerous. If I had to take an estimation based on his response to FP's simple request I would have to guess the guy went off like he did because he is in fact too young to purchase a laser. Additionally based on his response he is also clearly not of a maturity level required for owning lasers at all even if he is older than he sounds. Flaminpyro gains additional respect from me from how he dealt with that situation.

EDIT: grrr... "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flaminpyro again."

Last edited:

DTR

Yep. Sounds like he was not going to meet the age requirement and is stomping his feet. Poor him.

I'm still not getting one thing, some people aren't "of age". Back in the lazerbeak 5 w idea contest one member said he wasn't 18, and so how are these younger members to get laser if we don't allow them? I understand maturity is an issue but this in itself is a whole other thing. This guy took it too far and shouldn't have done what he did but now I'm interested into this as a whole. Lasers make fair learning tools for young ones as long as treated properly. Thoughts?

18 is a good age that is used for a lot of other things as well. There always be the minority, but in this case we have to tailor to the majority.

I actually think this is an adult acting like a spoiled brat, I got the feeling he thought I was talking down to him or something which
I was not I was only trying to follow the basic rules so as to not get any one hurt with something that could be dangerous.

I get the feeling he was insulted because I could have suggested he was not an adult just by asking the question,
heck I don't know him from Adam so I have to ask that question.

You know I have asked that question many hundreds of times and this is the first time any one took offence to it :thinking:

It's probably not a good idea for any one here to have to deal with people that fly off the handle at a simple
question as they might decide to involve you in a law suit because they hurt them selves or others with
something you sold them.

I like to deal with more level headed persons ;)

Some kids these days. Think everyone owes them something.

Last edited:
i understand that and respect that, however the minority could be just as mature possibly even more mature and yet cant recieve lasers because they arent 18.

Sorry but that is not entirely correct as I have sold laser to people as young as 15 years old, I talked to there parents on the phone and got permission to sell them a laser, this has happened
a couple of times and it will continue to happen at least here anyway ;)

I did not make up any rules I am only following what seems to be the consensus of the majority here maybe I am wrong but I think not and if any one disagrees please let them speak up now.

I know of some very mature young people who aren't allowed to drink alcohol but are allowed to give up there life because they are in the military, now is that fair :thinking:

I like young people they are our future :D

Peace all...

i understand that and respect that, however the minority could be just as mature possibly even more mature and yet cant recieve lasers because they arent 18.

I respect the way that you run your work. I totally agree with 18 being a limit and only selling with parent permission. Back on subject, he who the thread name tolls went way out of bounds and shouldnt have done that. Cheers! :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.