Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad Dealings with Laser83

I have already rebuilt the broken C6 (the only thing not broken was the diode)

Into a 1 watt 445nm in my own B68 host kit ;)

It's a 1 x 14500 boost build

Look out for it in the BST section :)

Thanks
-Matt

Got the module today...The guy went ham on this sucker, it looks like he just started stabbing it with a screwdriver...He was obviously unsuccessful in getting it apart, so im hoping the crystal set is still good. The driver is complete crap though, no hope there....anyone have any idea what current the diodes on these o-like 400mW+ 532's run at?

edit: the thing rattling around was the KTP. Thankfully it appears undamaged. No nicks or scratches. there was a set screw that held it in place, and it was accessible from the outside of the module...well guess what, that set screw was gone. the moron took it out, and KTP and its holding block fell loose. I can see the vanadate, but can't get to it yet- need some way to get the glue off of the next section....

edit for my edit: got everything off down to the vanadate. the vanadate is glued in...any suggestions on how to get it out?

Last edited:

ru124t

how much?Into a 1 watt 445nm in my own B68 host kit

Last edited:
how much?Into a 1 watt 445nm in my own B68 host kit

Are you asking price?

I have not decided as i still have to figure out what causes this problem with it.

It is probably the shitfire batteries i am forced to use to unless i know for sure i can't sell it

After about 10-15 secs of runtime, the output begins to flash, then faster and faster.

I have looked up this problem. I have heard mixed things. Some said it was the driver overheating (the microboost is heatsinked so IDK)

or that the batteries are not good enough.
I will see...

When i get it running i will sell it for about ~$90 shipped, just cause everything is of my parts except the diode, which i did pay a lot for :(

I will let you guys know
:beer:
-Matt

Last edited:

ped

That's an easy fix, its either not heatsinked properly, or, as you said, crap batteries.

That's an easy fix, its either not heatsinked properly, or, as you said, crap batteries.

Well, i rebuilt the "working" C6 build i received. After about 5 secs of runtime the lasing just ceased and the diode emited about 0.005mw of light, just a feint blue glow. But obviously the diode was fine as it did lase every time i pressed the on switch, so i extracted everything.

The driver was a v1 microboost. Worst soldering i had ever seen. Half the resistors had pig-tails of solder on them, and the bridges were not even mediocre.

When i tested the original driver, it wouldn't boost properly, in addition to other things wrong i could see from the outside.

So i got another microboost from my stash and set it to 1 amp.

The thing is, i don't know what diodes this guy used in these laser (A130, A140, A150, M140, PL450 etc) so i will not go past what the driver was initially set at.

I heatsinked the microboost with a copper cube, exact same setup as the build that is "blinking" and it works perfectly now with a 18650 :)

No blinking too, so the battery in the B68 must be the problem, thank goodness.

Keep an eye out for these rebuilt one watts folks!

-Matt

Glad you have been able to make something out of that junk pile he sent you. What condition is the beam expander in? Feel like taking it apart?

I will probably sell it as-is. I also extracted the module from the 250mw 532nm i was sold. It is in very good condition. The diode is LED however. Emits very few mw and gets VERY hot VERy fast. However, it is screw mounted so it may be an easy replace. Who knows.

I have pics, and i may start a thread later to see if i can make a repair.

However, i do not know what is up with the driver. I hooked it up to a test load and it does not put out any current, so IDK, however the indicator LED does come on.

After/if i can get the diode replaced i will see how to proceed.
Will probably just sell it for the crystals :)

-Matt

Yea everything but the crystals were completely f#$@% on that module you sold me :/ And I am not even sure the KTP is in functioning order...one can only hope. That guy was a moron, I wouldn't be surprised if he just started smashing the thing on a table. Even the current carrying wires on the diode were ripped off- he evidently stuck a screw driver in there and just started stabbing around. Tore off those tiny wires as well as the ribbon lead....this guy is not smart.

:( sorry about that. This extracted module looks to be in much better condition.

Will post pics and more pics when I start a BST sale with all the stuff I have / rebuilt

I will be selling

1 watt 445nm in a C6
1 watt 445nm in my custom B68 host
500mw 405nm in daguins host
250mw 650nm is small shitfire host
As-is beam expander
250mw 532nm module with a broken diode (LED) all crystals intact.

Some extras too

-Matt

do you have arough idea what you would want for the 405nm? what lens does it use currently? and... have you inspected it for any Moron mods from laser83? pm any details if you want,
ThankZ

Last edited:
do you have arough idea what you would want for the 405nm? what lens does it use currently? and... have you inspected it for any Moron mods from laser83? pm any details if you want,
ThankZ

The laser works great! I doubt laser83 ever opened it. However, the externals is a different story. The host has been dulled, scratched, and dented in many places. It is still pretty, but it has clearly not been handled with care.

I will send you HD pics if you need. Just PM me if you are still interested.
Also, if you sent the laser to a machinist they could re-finish the outside for you for a low cost and make it look nice again :)

-Matt

Apologies if I missed it, but what was PayPal's response to the claim?