Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awesome Tiny 445nm Laser

This is the perfect pocket laser.
5-Mode: high, Mid, Low, Strobe, SOS
Power on high is ~600mW Mid ~250mW (pulsed) Low~65mW (pulsed)
Wavelength 445nm
Focus: adjustable with custom focus adapter
Power: single 14500 lithium rechargeable (included)
On/Off: rear clicky
Lens: 445nm ar coated glass
Heatsink: aluminum with aixiz module
Extra: Glow in the dark O-rings around the center for finding in the dark. Glow in the dark tailcap as well.
PRICE: $165 shipped in the US
img0617kp.jpg

img0618gj.jpg

img0616ak.jpg

Last edited:

Ash

Wow. Nice build Luke. :drool:
I'm tempted, but I had a few questions:
Duty cycle?
Run time on high for a fully charged 14500?
Run time on low-power, and what is the metered power on low?

thanks

I love that focus ring - very classy :)

At first when I saw it, it reminds me of the kaleidoscope type of adjustment on a laser pen. But yes, it does look very nice. Great deal as always Yobresal.

I just updated the main post to reflect mid, low powers.
As for run time I have not calculated this.
duty cycle should be pretty long as it is only 600mW on high. The host is very solid. I would feel comfortable leaving it on for a minute at a time. It doesn't get warm.

At first when I saw it, it reminds me of the kaleidoscope type of adjustment on a laser pen. But yes, it does look very nice. Great deal as always Yobresal.

BINGO! If you guys would like I can post a dissection of the focus adapter in the tutorials section.

Dang it. You beat me to making a laser out of that model host. I was hoping to use my lathe to make a heat sink for it but it always gets delayed for some reason or another. It is kind of hard to do though because I really like it as a flashlight too. Did you use the Driver that came with it?

Good job btw! :). That is definitely one of my favorite hosts. The tail is really neat and all the glow rings on it.

Yeah it has been sitting here being used as a flashlight for a while now. It really is a nice flashlight. I was torn for a while but was having some other heatsinks built and decided to finally do it. I took it apart today, installed a new driver but then after testing the old driver realized it is basically the same as the other only with 5 modes. Opted for the 5 mode. Also the focus adapter is in the tutorials section now.

Did you have to add anything to the driver? I have heard you sometimes need to add capacitors somewhere to keep the diode from getting a spike (or something like that) when turned on where a normal flashlight diode isn't as sensitive to it.

I would keep that laser if I were you btw... It is probably the only one in existence right now. :) Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
Did you have to add anything to the driver? I have heard you sometimes need to add capacitors somewhere to keep the diode from getting a spike (or something like that) when turned on where a normal flashlight diode isn't as sensitive to it.

I would keep that laser if I were you btw... It is probably the only one in existence right now. :) Good luck with the sale.

Not sure about that bud. I have never ran into any problems with voltage spikes and 445nm laser diode. I should also note this driver has a 1/2 second delay when powering up. Interesting. Maybe you're right about keeping it. Perhaps I will keep this one and sell my pocket mini instead.

for the driver, is it at a set pulse rate?
for ex: can you modify it so its high, med, strobe?
just wondering
thx

I am not going to be modifying this driver. Not sure if I could do it for 1 and I really don't want to do a complete tear down and rebuild. Also the high mode is not pulsed (to avoid any confusion)

Tonga

Beautiful build:) and focus ring:) I got a couple of these hosts a while back, I need to get to work on them.