Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARCTIC HOST feeler! interested? READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Encap

LOL
Thanks for your kind technical help and advice and the emotion driven comments/opinions as well - interesting group.

Anyway, I would like to create using the host from this group buy, an exteme environment < 2000mw as stated before/originally.
I am sure it will be that < 2000 mw---how much less and what can be engineered remains to be seen/demonstrated.

The 200mw reflected from extra lens does not sound too good but maybe something better can be achieved and even if not am sure the thermal part of it can be easily dealt with --will have to look into what can be practically done/achieved about several aspects within reasonable expense when I get to it.

Regards,
Encap

rhd

Well I suppose 750mW is < 2,000mW. But why go to all this trouble, when I could sell you a < 4,000mW laser for just $30 ?

I'm just kidding around :)

In all seriousness though, you can kill a lot of diodes trying to hit an actual 2,000 mW of optical output. It's a pretty tough mark to hit. IMHO, it's a really ridiculous ambition to have. Why shoot for 2,000 when you could shoot for 1,750 and hit it with almost every 445 diode?

Encap

Yes, I know(rdh) I could use a <4000mw for $30 but would need an exotic power supply.

I think I will stick with 140's perhaps multiple 140's for the moment and explore/experiment a bit.- will be fun.

Be well,
Encap

Last edited:

Encap

PS
Been there done that. Jan 21 2011.
Soraa announced a new 4 W blue laser diodes at a wavelength of 450 nm from a monolithic chip. The company showcased the laser diodes at the Photonics West Expo that was held in San Francisco.
The laser diodes have the potential to enable a brightness of over 500 nm. They deliver bulb-free displays with substantially decreased consumption of power, weight and size when compared to traditional bulb-based projectors that are utilized in cinemas, home theaters, and boardrooms.

Soraa, parenthetically, also announced that it would showcase results of the new 750 mW blue laser diodes that function in multi spectral mode and single spatial mode. The blue laser diodes are ideal for pico projectors and micro projectors. They are compatible with various display generating technologies such as DLP, scanning MEMS mirrors, and LCOS. The blue laser diodes also complement the company’s green laser diodes.

The laser diodes are fabricated on the semipolar and nonpolar GaN substrates. The blue and green lasers provide enhancements in cost, weight, size, and performance when compared to traditional lasers for industrial imaging applications.

Soraa - Semiconductor Innovation

LOL

anselm

Hey encap! Some members here love to jump on people for double, triple, multiple posting.
Instead, use the edit button on the bottom of an existing post of yours.
Just a heads up, so you know for the future.;)

I'm not sure this one here would be the best laser to waterproof, IMHO a diving
laser should only have a single opening to change the batterys, and a reed switch
for ON and OFF.

I'm interested to see the eventual outcome of this thread.
Maybe by the time it will actually happen, I will have the money to get one, too!:D

jakeGT

Any progress ??? Pontiac said he is a the final stage a few days ago.Does anybody knows something new ???

He hasn't even started these, he's on the final stage of something he is doing at work. Not these hosts, he hasn't started yetl

Put me down for one please. By the time these come around I should be able to pay for at least one :)

Btw, maybe this has been suggested already... but since we are dealing with aluminum does no one think it it would look pretty nice being just polished?

Sorry everyone New to this Thread, the Design Phase is over. We Have already went through All our options and have All Agreed to this design. It's pretty much done, We are Waiting for him to finish up working on a house he needs to fix to sale it I think. He got this dumped on him and he has been working on that. So we are waiting on him and We Are Not making any new changes sorry. To Keep Costs down there all going be done the same way.

This is probably going be a 1 time thing, It may get repeated but theres not a Huge chance of it.

You could polish it your self would give it a even more "Unique" look for your AntArctic P5

@Krogith - That's exactly what I was thinking... now I'm struggling with whether I should go in for a second one.

jimdt7

I didn't knew that !!!!!! Your message made me fall from the clouds !!!!! When is it going to be ready ??? June ??? July ??????

jakeGT

I didn't knew that !!!!!! Your message made me fall from the clouds !!!!! When is it going to be ready ??? June ??? July ??????

It could be december for all I know. We are still waiting for Pontiac. He is very busy, and can't just hop on down to the CNC and whip up 50-100 of these in a few hours. it'll take a month or two once he STARTS on them I would say, AT LEAST

So just stay tuned, and see the OP for updates on price, time period, and new updates

It could be december for all I know. We are still waiting for Pontiac. He is very busy, and can't just hop on down to the CNC and whip up 50-100 of these in a few hours. it'll take a month or two once he STARTS on them I would say, AT LEAST

So just stay tuned, and see the OP for updates on price, time period, and new updates

:crackup: Liar.... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.