Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arctic fail. what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, just received my arctic with everything i ordered.....EXCEPT one thing. the original lens. :( i opened and searched everything. no lens. just the training lens only. the package was not opened. somebody help me!

NoBama

that's what happens when they have to rush these orders. i'm not really looking forward to getting mines whenever that will be.

sorry to hear about this. you can try to email, call them. they ignore my emails.

It will run without the front window. Some of us have reported ~100 mW more without it.
Email them and ask for the replacement.
HMike

i dont need a replacement or anything, mine just came with only one lens cap, the training lens. ill try to email them. thanks for the info mike!

Wouldn't the obvious course of action be to contact Wicked Lasers rather than ask the advice of forum members?

if you dont care too much about the training lens, just drill out the lens part! it's cheap anyway...and at ~200mW with the training lens, it's not all that much safer, IMO..200mW will blind you, just like ~700-800mW will.
And if you wear goggles like you should, the training lens shouldnt really matter too much. once again, though, just in my opinion.

oic0

Get about the same result from each, no help, just predictable responses :p

Anyhow, don't fret. If I were you I would use the training lens as a dust cover and safety thing, but take it off when lasing. The "full power" lens is crap. Its a glorified dust cover that sucks some power and could possibly be bad for the health of the diode if it reflects. It has no helpful effect on the beam whatsoever. Aesthetic dustcover.

W4NX

I've begun to make it a point to remove the cover when I'm using the laser.

The training lens is held in by a threaded ring on the inside that can be unscrewed to remove the glass. Unscrew the ring and the glass will fall out, and the housing can be screwed back on to the host. Youll have some protection for the lens and no power loss.

All those Arctic threads makes me lol hard.
Like they were supposed to be so amazing and expected to be of awesome quality and all and it turns that its the complete opposite.

They should hire one of us for a Quality Control, they would have tons of recycle bin filled.

well i only wanted the high power lens as a dust cover while maintaining high power. maybe theyll send me another arctic if i say i lost it lol

The training lens is held in by a threaded ring on the inside that can be unscrewed to remove the glass. Unscrew the ring and the glass will fall out, and the housing can be screwed back on to the host. Youll have some protection for the lens and no power loss.

This has to be one of the best points made so far on the Arctic, thanks.

I was worried about ~100+ mW being bounced back into the diode anyway, and now you've mentioned this, I've promptly removed the glass lens from my training lens cap and voila; one unobstructed, still protected and cool looking laser... With an extra power boost for free!!

Happy days :)

that was a great discovery. thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.