Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone have info on the Lumenis Novus Spectra?

All I have is gratitude for this detailed information guys, thank you for helping. I've found some information googling, but wasn't fully sure about what I found, this confirms it. I needed confirmation from a living breathing individual instead of an old graph, the graph should be good, but it just didn't seem right to me, but I was forgetting, 808 nm is just a pump source when used with YVO4, duh.... of course.

Steve thank you for the YAG info, I'd like to start working with this Novus Spectra soon. I also have a 806.5 nm 40W FAP I want to pump a 12 mm long (I'd need to measure again to be sure) YVO4 rod mounted in a gold plated heatsink holder which came out of a Coherent UV system, but this YVO4 was meant to be pumped into both ends, maybe too long to use when driven on one end with the FAP? I need to find a lens to focus into the crystal with though. The TEC is missing, I believe it had so much 808 nm pumped into it, it had to be cooled to prevent destruction and or thermal lensing?

This is a photo of the YVO4 I have, not the same one, but same model. No lenses, just the top portion someone popped off the top of the TEC and sold to me through ebay.

free image hosting

I've been eyeing and asking questions about a YAG laser starlight photonics has on ebay, interesting to me but not sure what the duty cycle and pulse width should be with this unit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nd-YAG-Las...W-Diode-Side-Pump-3-x-2-5-x-26mm/254222576751 - It's QCW pumped.

Last edited:

kecked

Buy it especially if it comes with the driver. Now you have a solid 1064 source. All you need are optics and shg
Yea that nice. No one says you have to drive it full bore. Drive it 50%. Even 25%. The water cooling should be enough. The rod alone is worth 150.00. The diode at least another 150.00. He’s giving that away.

I know the price is great, just don't know what the duty cycle would be for the unit, don't know what it came out of to find anything on it, I've asked.

I do want it, just might need that money soon for a move. It's more than that though, he has spare diodes and slabs I'd want to buy too, all of it adds up. If you want to snag it, do so, probably a good thing to keep me from buying it :p

LSRFAQ

He's checking to see if he has another blue box.
I'll tell it to hold it for you.
Steve

Thank you, I wasn't sure I was tracking what you were saying about that properly. I've bought a few things from him over the years, he has my email address. I recently purchased a zero time surplus 806.5 nm 40W FAP, so want to try to get 1064 nm using that large YVO4 rod I posted about. I have several rods and rectangular shaped YVO4 crystals, some shorter but all fairly large diameter, have been buying every one I could find on ebay for the last five years.

I also have three YVO4 assemblies out of some 1064 nm HIPPO lasers like this one which are in water cooled mounts:

I may have the fiber coupled lens assemblies for 800 nm to use with these xtals, I found some on ebay I believe were out of a Coherent UV system using FAP's.

Chris

Last edited:

LSRFAQ

A blue box contains a Diode driver with serious current capability and three TEC controllers plus some other goodies with a knob for current on the front. Chris, I talked to Kevin, he has two in working shape. One has your name on it for the next 48 hours,

Steve

Thanks, I could use that, to start out with I was looking at some cheap Chinese temperature controllers which flip relays. Optlasers.com also sells some good TEC controllers I've been eyeing. My drivers are high current switching CC lab power supplies, but they spike when turned on, perhaps also when turned off. If I ever have a power interruption, they will fry my diode.

Have emailed and left message for Kevin on his answering machine, so far unable to reach him, I'm not sure he wants to let go of it :p

Last edited:
Received something more today: SPECTRA-PHYSICS M20-V-106C-1-02 LASER w/ V-106-C (M20)

I bought it cheap hoping the IR pump section works:

Last edited:

kecked

looks like you got plenty. like me :rolleyes: now we need to actually do something.

Yep, plenty of parts to start now, spent a lot collecting them to achieve critical mass to begin building. Anyone here know what the typical voltage is to drive the diode in this Spectra-Physics pump? I was able to achieve 808 nm output, but afraid to keep pumping the current up too high. The part number is 0129-3057 on the pump module, output power kept easily climbing without flat topping up to 15 watts out where I stopped, did not run it very long, not long enough to get hot.