Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone ever work with the NECSEL 10 watt 520nm before??

Where do you buy these drivers?
I saw they can output up to 24V at 4A, so maybe if they can be used in parallel I could drive my NUBM08 block with only 2 of them???

kecked

Wow thanks for doing this. What side does the beam come out? So it’s IR pumped. JUST GUESSING by the purple glow below. How does it form a single beam or does it? Now more confused. I’d like to find one in yellow.

Thanks for the pic DashApple (y)

Anyone wanting to use one of these will need to build a temp control circuit with a feedback loop to constantly maintain output based on feedback by regulating the crystal temp, or you could tune by hand to see it work, but it won't be a set and forget deal.

Here's some possible temperature range info on PPLN: https://www.covesion.com/products/m...ln-for-second-harmonic-generation/1064nm.html

Here's some info about PPLN : https://www.thorlabs.com/catalogPages/693.pdf

Last edited:
Wow thanks for doing this. What side does the beam come out? So it’s IR pumped. JUST GUESSING by the purple glow below. How does it form a single beam or does it? Now more confused. I’d like to find one in yellow.

No problem . Its actually from what I can see ( and info online ) 48 individual emitters in two rows of 24 , So you get two rows of beams from the top in the direction you can see the green lines .

Yeah its a IR pumped directly doubled laser . The purple area is the surface emitting diodes in two rows .

RedCowboy - Thanks for the links , There are two thermistors that can be used to maintain temperature regulation of the diode and the PPLN heater , that's where I would start , get a controller to maintain a set temperature for best conversion / running

Last edited:

kecked

Oh I see well that’s not useful at all for what I do. I thought it would be a single tight beam like opsl.

Hi Dash,

Very nice! You made this thing work!
I understand that you have a big cooler under the module and just heat PPLN with a small controlled heater.
What kund of cooler and heat controller do you have? Are they commercial or were assembled by you for the task?

Thanks : D , Yeah , There is a TEC under the module and i'm using a simple on/off tec controller for temperature regulation , the model is a Die4Chill , they are no longer sold/made but any TEC controller from a laser company would be fine and the newer ones are PID based so would be even better .

The heater is built into the head and is run by the same type of controller but with an inverted output , its crude but works , a PID controller is best as the PPLN temperature seems to affect the performance the most .

This is with the cover off , the beam is a rectangle shape made from 48 beams ( 24*2 )

P1010678 by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

I'm sure that's not 10w but very nice test, good work dash (y)

Thanks : D , They only seem to do up to a 3W model and there is no indication what one this is , 1 , 2 or 3 W

Sure , With the module upright and the socket facing you from left to right on the 6 pin connector ,

1/2 PPLN heater , 3/4 diode thermistor , 5/6 PPLN thermistor .

Diode power left is Negative , Diode power right is Positive .

This applies to the model I have .

Sure , With the module upright and the socket facing you from left to right on the 6 pin connector ,

1/2 PPLN heater , 3/4 diode thermistor , 5/6 PPLN thermistor .

Diode power left is Negative , Diode power right is Positive .

This applies to the model I have .

This is the model I have: NECSEL

Ah , Sorry I don't have any information on that module , You would have to take the cover off and trace pins or measure across the pairs .

The diode is easy to see , though you will have to work out the +/- , if you measure the smaller connections the heater will be a reasonably low value and the thermistors should be 10KOhm ish .

Ah , Sorry I don't have any information on that module , You would have to take the cover off and trace pins or measure across the pairs .

The diode is easy to see , though you will have to work out the +/- , if you measure the smaller connections the heater will be a reasonably low value and the thermistors should be 10KOhm ish .

OK. Thanks!