Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone ever work with the NECSEL 10 watt 520nm before??

Arctos

For anyone interested the 3W 535 and 2W 555s are in the multi thousand dollar mark.. they use SHG.

Shmackitup - This thread is probably dead, but did you (or anyone in the forum) ever get one of these units to produce the full rated output output? Any pin-outs you can share?

Here is the pinout according to George at Endurance Lasers. I still haven't fired one up.

IMG-c2fa6db38a5a9228d4948711630a1aa8-V.jpg

Thank you! I'm surprised more connections are not needed, I want to fire one of mine up after securing it to a TEC cold plate.

You need to regulate the diodes at 33C I believe for the best output , though the PPLN heater control is a must to get any green at all , ignoring the PPLN heater will give poor output

I have yet to run mine past 16A , Still need two temperature controllers

DashApple, then there must be two sets of pins for the diode temperature and PPLN temperature and a built in TEC/heater for the PPLN? I didn't know it used one.

I cannot say on the module in the above picture as mine is a newer design , In mine there is a built in heater mounted to the PPLN and two 10KOhm thermistors , one for the diode and one for the PPLN , this I assume is the same / similar to the older style unit - there may be differences but there will be temperature feedback and a PPLN heater

You can measure the pins to find the what's on what , 10Kohm for the thermistors and a reasonably low valve for the heater

Heater is behind the PPLN along with its thermistor , diode thermistor is on the right just by the array

P1010538 by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

Had them in a drawer for a long time and just pulled them out again, now I see mine are different too. Appears we have the same model. I had been looking at both models for sale on ebay so confused which I had. Obviously used, with the epoxy on the bottom, seller guaranteed good repaired spares, I might have been ripped, don't know yet.

I already posted about this in another section, but thought it would be a good idea to add the same findings here, these units are specified to run from 2.5 to 3.0 VDC to the emitter at 20-23 amps and get this: three point eight percent efficiency! Yes, 3.8%. Yikes, the 10 watt sticker means nothing, they might put out 1.7 to 2 watts max, somewhere in that area.

As mentioned in this and the ebay thread these are two rows of 24 vertically emitting diodes that are directly doubled using a PPLN crystal .

Input is around 20A , Heater voltage / current isn't given probably to due slight differences in temperature needed to get the best output .

33C on the diode and PPLN I am unsure of , In mine I have counted the 48 emitters so they are at least lasing by the look of it .

PPLN crystals are very interesting to me, expensive to buy, these might be a source for some at a reasonable price, but not sure how efficient, do you know why the efficiency is so low for this device?

Encap

PPLN crystals are very interesting to me, expensive to buy, these might be a source for some at a reasonable price, but not sure how efficient, do you know why the efficiency is so low for this device?

"1064nm → 532nm
For low gain CW the typical conversion efficiency is 2%/Wcm. For example, for 1.5W at 1064nm and a 40mm long MgO:pPLN crystal, the expected 532nm output is 180mW. At higher powers, Covesion has achieved 1.5%/Wcm with a 10W source, generating 3W at 532nm from a 20mm long crystal.
In CW systems, conversion efficiencies in excess of 50% have been demonstrated in an intracavity arrangement . For nanosecond sources (~10KHz, ~50uJ), efficiencies of 50% can typically be achieved."
From: https://www.covesion.com/support/covesion-guide-to-ppln/example-uses-of-ppln.html

Good Thor labs article on ppln : https://www.thorlabs.com/catalogpages/693.pdf