Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Anyone ever work with the NECSEL 10 watt 520nm before??

Where do you buy these drivers?
I saw they can output up to 24V at 4A, so maybe if they can be used in parallel I could drive my NUBM08 block with only 2 of them???

kecked

Wow thanks for doing this. What side does the beam come out? So it’s IR pumped. JUST GUESSING by the purple glow below. How does it form a single beam or does it? Now more confused. I’d like to find one in yellow.

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the pic DashApple (y)

Anyone wanting to use one of these will need to build a temp control circuit with a feedback loop to constantly maintain output based on feedback by regulating the crystal temp, or you could tune by hand to see it work, but it won't be a set and forget deal.

Here's some possible temperature range info on PPLN: https://www.covesion.com/products/m...ln-for-second-harmonic-generation/1064nm.html

Here's some info about PPLN : https://www.thorlabs.com/catalogPages/693.pdf

Last edited:

DashApple

Wow thanks for doing this. What side does the beam come out? So it’s IR pumped. JUST GUESSING by the purple glow below. How does it form a single beam or does it? Now more confused. I’d like to find one in yellow.
No problem . Its actually from what I can see ( and info online ) 48 individual emitters in two rows of 24 , So you get two rows of beams from the top in the direction you can see the green lines .

Yeah its a IR pumped directly doubled laser . The purple area is the surface emitting diodes in two rows .

RedCowboy - Thanks for the links , There are two thermistors that can be used to maintain temperature regulation of the diode and the PPLN heater , that's where I would start , get a controller to maintain a set temperature for best conversion / running

Last edited:

kecked

Oh I see well that’s not useful at all for what I do. I thought it would be a single tight beam like opsl.