Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any idea where Drlava went?

Andrew is leaving Ohio? Hmm, this is the first I've heard of this.
But, I suppose you talk to him more than me. lol. :D

I suppose he would be busy then..

If you need a driver from Dr. Lava's you can get it right here I am about to
get my first shipment of Groove drivers in.

If you need anything Lava you can try me.

If you can not get a hold of him it's because he is extremely busy, he just
got a new job in another state all the way across the country and is in the
process of moving while still working the new job.

Give the guy a break, you may need his services one day to save your life !

If you really need something and can't get a hold of him try me :D

Have a good day...

Sounds good! It looks like he just charged the order on Saturday so I'll give him a few more days

Ok I don't think I can wait any longer. Does anyone know how to start a refund on Google checkout?

Jeff (flaminpyro) here is HIGHLY recommended! He's responsive, ships fast, bent over backwards for me every time I've bought from him, and he's VERY easy to get ahold of. Buy your drlava stuff through him if you don't want a hassle.

Over and over we see people reporting their experiences here. Frankly this many complaints is inexcusable.

Some of the ridiculous BS I see here is beyond words really. Folks saying that "Oh drlavas a great guy! He's so nice! All you've got to do to get in touch with him to find out about your PURCHASE that you bought with YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY is to go register on his website because that's the only place he *might* respond if you're lucky. Then you send him an email in lithuanian because that's the only language he'll respond to. IF your syntax is right, he MIGHT respond before you're 90, if you've got so much as a stray ink blot you'll have to start over though. Then you wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.
As for me, I've got my nose completely up his ass, so he responds to me in a matter of seconds. Not sure why he doesn't respond to his other paying customers, maybe you have to send him roses and a fruit cake."

I cannot freaking WAIT until someone reverse-engineers every product he makes, or until someone makes some comparable stuff. Lava knows he can do whatever he wants because he's the only person that supplies these types of products. That's all this is. All you brown nosers can claim everything's aces, and that he's such a nice guy.. but let me tell you this:

IF HE REALLY IS SUCH A NICE GUY, HE'D HAVE ENOUGH RESPECT FOR PEOPLE WHO PAY THEIR HARD-EARNED MONEY TO BUY HIS PRODUCTS TO RESPOND TO THEM QUICKLY, SHIP QUICKLY, AND ENSURE A PLEASANT BUYING EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Instead he shows many people in our community JUST how much he cares through stony silence and complete inaction after the sale.

If I had a bunch of money to blow I'd pay someone to design the stuff.

Last edited:
Jeff (flaminpyro) here is HIGHLY recommended! He's responsive, ships fast, bent over backwards for me every time I've bought from him, and he's VERY easy to get ahold of. Buy your drlava stuff through him if you don't want a hassle.

Over and over we see people reporting their experiences here. Frankly this many complaints is inexcusable.

Some of the ridiculous BS I see here is beyond words really. Folks saying that "Oh drlavas a great guy! He's so nice! All you've got to do to get in touch with him to find out about your PURCHASE that you bought with YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY is to go register on his website because that's the only place he *might* respond if you're lucky. Then you send him an email in lithuanian because that's the only language he'll respond to. IF your syntax is right, he MIGHT respond before you're 90, if you've got so much as a stray ink blot you'll have to start over though. Then you wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.
As for me, I've got my nose completely up his ass, so he responds to me in a matter of seconds. Not sure why he doesn't respond to his other paying customers, maybe you have to send him roses and a fruit cake."

I cannot freaking WAIT until someone reverse-engineers every product he makes, or until someone makes some comparable stuff. Lava knows he can do whatever he wants because he's the only person that supplies these types of products. That's all this is. All you brown nosers can claim everything's aces, and that he's such a nice guy.. but let me tell you this:

IF HE REALLY IS SUCH A NICE GUY, HE'D HAVE ENOUGH RESPECT FOR PEOPLE WHO PAY THEIR HARD-EARNED MONEY TO BUY HIS PRODUCTS TO RESPOND TO THEM QUICKLY, SHIP QUICKLY, AND ENSURE A PLEASANT BUYING EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Instead he shows many people in our community JUST how much he cares through stony silence and complete inaction after the sale.

If I had a bunch of money to blow I'd pay someone to design the stuff.

Can't disagree with you on that....
I've seen this for a few months already with no improvement...

Drlava has seemed to have dropped the ball on this issue of
his Customer Service...

You either take care of your customers or you should stop selling
if you can't be bothered.............

Luckily there are guys like Jeff to pick up his slack....

Jerry

Last edited:
You're sure right Jerry! Jeff's awesome, but I haven't forgotten how you helped me out in the past. There are plenty of other very friendly, knowledgeable manufacturers, engineers and sellers here. I know there is enough talent here that if it were applied properly drlava's poor customer service would become unnecessary.

seems you have to wait a little bit more days for him....last time, I have the same experience as you, yet it's only forget to advice me the tracking No and I got the parcel few days later...........

I can under stand everyone's frustration with his lack of customer service and would be glad
to help any one that has an out standing order and has received no contact but needs product.

I will contact him and see if it is ok to pick up his slack in order to make some members happy ;)

@ Ghostchrome
I think no one has made a copy of his drivers as they are his designs, he spent his sweat and money designing and getting them manufactured.

Just because he is not good with responding to customers dose not make him any less a good person, we can't all be good at everything.

The man dose after all design equipment that saves lives every day !

And I for one would shame any one that would do that, or copy a Lasersbee LPM or make my HYDRA focus Adapter or diode remover press.

and out of respect ? or who really knows $$$ maybe, why but they have not been coped who knows for sure, you got about $10,000 laying around to get this started :crackup:

Why would you copy some one else work why wouldn't you just design your own driver like he did and then spend the 1000's of dollars to get it into production, why ????

Me thinks maybe you don't want to be called a copy cat :na:
So we won't make you do it ;)

Actually, I've been wondering why someone hasn't already done this tbh. :confused:

Don't make me do it!

:D

Heh don't worry, I'm not about to. That's not how I roll.

I'm just surprised it hasn't been done, that's all. It's a great driver, and most great things get copied sooner or later, especially when they're expensive and hard to get.

Yes reverse engineering would be unethical, bad choice of terminology, but this market needs more sources for various parts, which is my primary point. And the knowledge is here, I know it is.

Last edited:
I agree some one needs to sit down and design
some thing and then put it into production ;)

We do need more GOOD choices for drivers.

Remember to make em adjustable ;)

Blord

No need to reverse enginering it. Right now there are several members who is designing and making another boost driver. We just need more competition which is the best for the price. The Flexdrive of drlave will hold it's place as a fexible small driver.