Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any Genius Laser Makers here? Has the 7,3W record been broken yet?

Chrono

Howdy or hi there. I was hesitating to make this tread as I was (and pretty much still am, unless convinced) bent set on getting this handled by JLSE (I think he's hiding under a bunker though, so I'll see what I go with)
(He seems to have convinced me that he's got the most grip when it comes to lasers, which I based on what he's publically made (The Scorpion King), unless someone's hiding an 8W or 10W+ under his grandma's couch)

Scorpion King (My foolish foolhardy rant):
Seeing as his Scorpion King's host, beam, power is some of the most perfect things I've seen here, I was interested in and loved his design.
He's been the Nr. 1 on my interest field of guys to contact about getting a high powered laser (or as a cool guy said to me here on LPF: Nutty Powered laser).
It also seems like he's offered custom things (For example: A power switch. There's more about this on another LPF tread where it all went wrong).
I would say he's at least way more technical sawy then me when it comes to this, but so are so many others here :)

So back on topic. Has the 7,3 Visual beam been broken yet? Are there any Geniuses around here that could make a nutty powered laser?

Please note that if this somehow belong in the B/S/T section which I don't have access to (since I've been lasy and sending way more messages then posting) "if I may say so".
Then I'm sorry and please delete this tread and warn me (I think I'll get it if it's deleted). Anyway, I think this is a great contribution. We need to beat the visible handheld 7,3W dont we? (Actually. Getting over 10W+ handheld would be way more fun) :)

Last edited:

ARG

The only real limiting factor for a powerful handheld laser is the size you are willing to have.

Anyone could easily knife edge two sets of 5 of the 4W Nichia diodes together and make a 40W laser, but it would require a large power source and a good amount of heat sinking.

Chrono

JLSE has been building a reputation of taking ppl's money or lasers. Then going MIA for months and ignoring all communications.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/jlse-laser-not-arriving-uncontactable-past-month-86899.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/ok-has-gone-too-far-jlse-wannaburn-75490.html
I saw those, but thanks for warning me Duke. Although I would gladly dish out 2000$ for a Scorpion King (I gotta say. I respect JLSE's Laser Crafting skills).

The only real limiting factor for a powerful handheld laser is the size you are willing to have.

Anyone could easily knife edge two sets of 5 of the 4W Nichia diodes together and make a 40W laser, but it would require a large power source and a good amount of heat sinking.
I'll admit I'm not the most knowlengeable person around here (So it's hard for me to see what's possible or not. Compared to veterans as youself),
but I was thinking on something like the Scorpion King's size (add or take. Got to say it again. I love that design). But with passing that 10W power, heatsinked for 5min (Fans as cooldown seems like a fascinating and good idea)
and as long battery time possible of course without stuff getting messy (Running around holding 2gigantic blue batteries. Why am I thinking about a Rick Trent YouTube clip right now? And no it's not better with yellow or pink :)).

Last edited:
Blord makes some pretty amazing lasers. I have never purchased one from him, but all his customers are astonished by his lasers craftmanship and Blord's great customer service :p

Check out the member Ricktrent...;) :beer:

Edit: You found him. Guess it took me too long to post...

Last edited:

DJNY

^ Yes, Blord for sure became a good builder over the past years.
But don´t think that he is doing 2-3 diodes builts?

Personally I would recommend ARG over ricktrent, just seem to have a bit more experience for now. But ricktrent is also fine :)

ARG

^ I'm not currently taking any more dual diode lasers on. :p
Got too many projects going on and dual diode lasers take quite a while to make.

@Chrono
(opinion) I would recommend you get a dual diode laser combined with cubes and a wave plate to maintain the beam shape.
With the new Nichia diodes you could get around 8W easily, maybe even 10W. At those powers give or take a watt ;)

IMO the point to dual and triple diode lasers is the bright beam. It is REALLY bright. Visible in noonday sunlight bright. Power density is important for a bright beam, not just raw power.

If you just want to burn crap I wouldn't bother with a dual diode laser, may as well just get a portable CO2 tube or something.

Last edited:

Chrono

Blord makes some pretty amazing lasers. I have never purchased one from him, but all his customers are astonished by his lasers craftmanship and Blord's great customer service :p
Yes. I've purchased with him before and I had a feeling (and still do) that he was a laser mastercraftsman when I was holding the laser that I purchased from him.
He built me a good and awesome Copper DominatoR@3.4W, but now I'm after more power.

Gotta admit (You are so helpful, you really need a report! I mean +rep :))

Check out the member Ricktrent...;) :beer:

Edit: You found him. Guess it took me too long to post...

Thank you grainde (It's the thought that counts, giving you +rep aswell for the thought) :)

Ohh and cool laser with wheels (Laser: The Real Portable Edition).

^ Yes, Blord for sure became a good builder over the past years.
But don´t think that he is doing 2-3 diodes builts?

Personally I would recommend ARG over ricktrent, just seem to have a bit more experience for now. But ricktrent is also fine :)

Yes. Blord is a great builder, mentioned more about that earlier. It seems like ARG has done a Tri-Diode (I saw your link, Kudos to you :)) and Rick Trent is tempering with making the most powerful lasers (as his website also is giving signals about).

^ I'm not currently taking any more dual diode lasers on. :p
Got too many projects going on and dual diode lasers take quite a while to make.

@Chrono
(opinion) I would recommend you get a dual diode laser combined with cubes and a wave plate to maintain the beam shape.
With the new Nichia diodes you could get around 8W easily, maybe even 10W. At those powers give or take a watt ;)

IMO the point to dual and triple diode lasers is the bright beam. It is REALLY bright. Visible in noonday sunlight bright. Power density is important for a bright beam, not just raw power.

If you just want to burn crap I wouldn't bother with a dual diode laser, may as well just get a portable CO2 tube or something.
Thank you for the advise ARG i really appreciate it, but to be honest I'm not interested in tubes (Haven't had the interest, I guess it's not in my taste).
I am however interested in a cool stylish laser host with power (Forgot to mention that I'm interested in having this beast compatible with a 4X and/or 10X beam expander) :p
And yes. It's not good to take on too much work (I respect you for taking good care of your customers)

and I gotta say this (Quote from offroadfreak8582):
P.S. Now for the million dollar question... Who is going to build the first 10W 445 handheld? :p
Yes offroad, I have no idea. But I know of someone interested in making that happen ;)

@All: Thanks for all the advise and great input (+Rep for awesomeness and really helping me out on the info side). I would love to see the 10W pushed over in beautiful colors :)

~ Let me just state that I would have no problem paying for a Tri-Diode build (With the NDB7A75 diode which I've been informed is capable of 5W) put together with a Knife Edge or W/E produces the most power setup.
I am however also interested in the beam quality :)

Last edited:

Chrono

I have this being built for me as we speak. Just came off the lathe and shouldn't be TOO much longer. Two 9mm at 2.35a .

http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/blue-laser-dual-diode-9mm-85901.html
I read the tread Tmack, it looks like a nice laser with power :)
(Have fun ;), stay safe and remember to put these on :cool: in the right wavelength that blocks your laser)

I got to say my interested lies within more power though.
It would be awesome if someone like JLSE came around and wanted to break the record.
It would be interesting to have the 7.3W+ visible handheld laser record broken and pass by 10W aswell :yh:

I made a 15+ w handheld that goes on AR15 lower batteries going in a 2'' tube not in your had module goes on tube I sold the mode before I could put it on the ar15 and make a video ,but it did all if in my hand and I think it would have looked cool on the ar15! I am working a 12w smaller handheld It will work on 4 -18650 batteries will look some what like a wicked laser and jetlaser mix with ttc cooling
see video AR15 15w 445nm laser gun world record for handheld laser rifle - YouTube there more video of it on my youtube.

Chrono

I made a 15+ w handheld that goes on AR15 lower batteries going in a 2'' tube not in your had module goes on tube I sold the mode before I could put it on the ar15 and make a video ,but it did all if in my hand and I think it would have looked cool on the ar15! I am working a 12w smaller handheld It will work on 4 -18650 batteries will look some what like a wicked laser and jetlaser mix with ttc cooling
see video AR15 15w 445nm laser gun world record for handheld laser rifle - YouTube there more video of it on my youtube.

Great to hear from you Rick Trent, I have seen a lot of your videos and I respect your great building skills.
It's interesting to see how you manage to temper around and get some strong and awesome lasers, you have by far entertained me the most when it comes to creating powerful laser videos
(I loved the deadly Ar15W that instantly lights a pencil, and yeah that's certainly not something I'd want my fingers or my anything in front of). If I may be stupid-honest here then by my taste I would say it's too big to be carrying around with,
but it's a great invention, amusing to watch, shows your good skills with lasers and is something completely different then those tubes and that's an achivement by itself :)

I hope you keep on tinkering as it's interesting to see what you create. What I'm about to say now might be backfire and be said back to me, but:
Be careful (you only got a pair of hands, arms, feet, what did I forget now... Ohh yeah. Eyes) :) <= NO! :cool: <= Better (Had to do that)

About the 12W, that picked my interest. How far is the project? (If you've come far I'm interested in seeing everything, if you wanna share. Such as Host? Duty Time? Measurements by LPM? -I'm already gonna guess that you are using the 5W capable diodes)

Can't help myself. Had to +Rep you here for what you've done, contributed here and I guess that's enough said :)

Last edited:
12W laser kit
I am hoping to have it in around 60days will post drawing as soon as they are done
having new driver made as will .Using 4- 3.5w 9mm 445nm Diodes to keep cost down
looks better than wicked laser . I should get 12w out of lens.
If the price comes down on the new diodes I could get 18w

Chrono

12W laser kit
I am hoping to have it in around 60days will post drawing as soon as they are done
having new driver made as will .Using 4- 3.5w 9mm 445nm Diodes to keep cost down
looks better than wicked laser . I should get 12w out of lens.
If the price comes down on the new diodes I could get 18w
Now that's interesting, with the custom build I had in mind I was thinking about going with a Tri-Diode build with the 5W capable diodes (Not exactly the cheapest diodes).
But if this can be done with a Quad-Build more cheaply than I'm very interested in that. I was thinking of having to go with a Tri-Diode build with 5W capable diodes (Not exactly the cheapest diodes).
But I'm interested in getting this done. How would you solve the duty time? I'm guessing it's gonna be hot in there :)

Last edited:

danoz7

im not sure if this is a real thing or if the guy that made the 7.3 w used it but you could have 3 diode mount tubes all 1 piece leading to a tube to hold the lens so you cold combine 3 nichias to get 10w+ or even a few different colours to combine and make a pink aqua or white laser. if that is not what the guy with the 7.3w used how did he combine the diode? jujst curious