Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another UPS horror story

I'd so seriously like to know how the hell did they manage to do that!
That video of a mailman throwing the package...
Hmm maybe they did the same thing on your package, after mistake in your address... 10 times. HELL even that is not enough to RIP that open!

EDIT: did anyone notice that the fan is pushed into a body of PSU, that hard that it torn the metal, but the fans grill and entire front piece of it is intact?

Last edited:

The picture doesn't show it but the grille is pressed against the fan rotor. The fan casing is also cracked in several places.

roosl

That much damage could have been done by a careless forklift operator. Like Niko said, many just don't care. It's somebody else's stuff, so why should I care what it is or what happens to it?

Our FedEx driver is one of the good guys. If we're not home and he leaves something, he puts it behind the gate (out of sight) inside a plastic bag (even if it's not raining).

Years ago, the company I worked for in St. Louis ordered mini-computers (these were $10k apiece in the 1980's) that were shipped via freight truck lines, driven by union drivers. They always said it wasn't their job to lift anything, only to drive. I remember one day watching through my office window when one of these guys climbed into the trailer, shoved the boxes to the edge one at a time, then kicked them off. That's all he was required to do.

Another lousy thing about UPS (and FedEx as well) is that it is difficult to get them to pay for damages for anything that their own employees (like at a UPS store) didn't pack...for some odd reason you can buy insurance, but they are a lot less likely to pay out if you pack it. I had something broken by UPS years ago, and because I packed it, they would only pay $50 - not the $150 or so the item was worth!

From then on I learned that you do literally (if you are a merchant or shipper) have to pack stuff to survive being dropped or thrown! Of course, even then, sometimes that's not enough. From my experience as a seller, I find that USPS seems to be the least aggressive with regards to damaging packages, including stuff I ship overseas.

The picture doesn't show it but the grille is pressed against the fan rotor. The fan casing is also cracked in several places.
Just makes me wonder more how did they do that.
And so sorry about your package, brings that uncomfortable feeling remembering it could happen to all of us anytime...

Dude... that doesn't look like its been dropped... looks like some one got a crow bar and tried to rip the fan off, then went at it with a hammer.

Sorry about the package... sucks man. -Adrian

Dude... that doesn't look like its been dropped... looks like some one got a crow bar and tried to rip the fan off, then went at it with a hammer.

Sorry about the package... sucks man. -Adrian
With a truck is more like it.
You canot rip open the alluminum that thick by accident. No way in hell. Unless it is really roadkilled...

UPS is by far the best shipper that I have delt with.

But I am sorry to hear about your package. I hope they make things right.

Rob

Wow, absolutely unacceptable. I've had nothing but good experiences with UPS so this is somewhat surprising.

Now USPS is another story....

Is the seller trusted?

it was bought from an ebay seller and i acted as a middle man b/c the shipper would only ship to the US. it was not in that condition when it shipped. i did state numerous times during the transaction the i did not like using ups b/c i know how they treat packages. during the transaction i found even more reasons to not like ups. except for the occasional lost package i have never had a problem with usps and prefer to use them. you pay more to ship with ups only to have them throw your packages around like its an empty box. if you need an example go down to your local ups shipping center and watch how they treat packages. they are "tossed"(a nice way of putting it) from the trucks to a conveyer belt. who knows what happens to them after that... after the vids i saw on youtube theyre not treating them any different than they are at the shipping centers. why would you honestly want something shipped where they "toss" your packages around?

Hey drew, why did you ship with UPS anyway if you knew the way they do their job? Or how they do not do it.
I'd rather wait a little more time to get the whole package, then to get pieces of my package a week sooner.
Not blaiming you or anything! Just asking!

Hey drew, why did you ship with UPS anyway if you knew the way they do their job? Or how they do not do it.
I'd rather wait a little more time to get the whole package, then to get pieces of my package a week sooner.
Not blaiming you or anything! Just asking!

david was the one that chose ups b/c of pricing. ups was ~20$ and usps was ~26$ for a 5lb package.

That is correct, I chose to have it shipped via UPS. Like a few other people here, I've never had a problem with UPS until this package. Needless to say, I will not be making that mistake again.

I would just like to say that Drew is not at fault in any way. If anyone, it's those overpaid morons at UPS that are responsible for this.

I never blaimed Drew I know he is a good guy, and I agree that people at UPS are responsible. It is just sad that some people have their pressure release valve on wrong places, like, other people's post. Or other people for that matter.
"Heeey why does this guy has 1000$ laser shipped to him and I don't?!?! Well he can't have it!". Bang. We all know the rest.

Kenom

I just got a notice from UPS that I have to pay brokerage and duties. DUTIES into the united states. Since when did this shit start happening?