Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

An Apology for Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching all this unfold was as dramatic as an afternoon soap opera...I would have to imagine it won't be much of an issue to remove that banner now as it does not link to anything anymore. Oh well, small businesses are always much more likely to fail than succeed as I have learned in college. RIP Sci-fi lasers, and good luck to all the companies that remain. :beer:

It's as simple as this.... If you filed a claim with PayPal before 60 days you are fine... If you allowed Eitan to Jack you around longer then that you are pretty much s.o.l.

Elly escalated his claim at 59 days and will hit the 10 day mark this week I think, we will know what the deal is going to be.

What's with the 60 days thing? I thought it was 180.

Watching all this unfold was as dramatic as an afternoon soap opera...I would have to imagine it won't be much of an issue to remove that banner now as it does not link to anything anymore. Oh well, small businesses are always much more likely to fail than succeed as I have learned in college. RIP Sci-fi lasers, and good luck to all the companies that remain. :beer:

It's almost worth the $90 (forgot shipping!) I may or may not have lost.

I expect he took the site down himself, as a precautionary measure against legal actioms against himself.

Its a rotten situation through and through.

Eitan I will cancel my claim as soon as you give me my money... But until than the claim will stand.

Its a safe bet any cancelled claims will just result in funds being moved to bank account, and taken out from there.

Never cancel a claim until you get your money or your product. Personally I'm concerned he'll try to screw you guys by sending some junk.... As that would shut down the not received claim and the orders don't qualify for snad claims.

I know its cynical but suspect that may have been part of the reason he took the site down, so it would be your word against his on what it is you ordered, and whether its a one off custom piece or a mass produced item.

Last edited:

Razako

It depends on how established he is in Israel? Does he own a home? Does he have connections in the community? I think paypal will try to go after his bank account if he's emptied his paypal account. Unless he's somebody who can just "up and run for the hills" it's unlikely he'll be able to escape repercussions from this. Israel isn't THAT backwards of a country right? It's not like we were sending our money to some guy living in a hut in nigeria right?

Last edited:
Its a safe bet any cancelled claims will just result in funds being moved to bank account, and taken out from there.

Never cancel a claim until you get your money or your product. Personally I'm concerned he'll try to screw you guys by sending some junk.... As that would shut down the not received claim and the orders don't qualify for snad snas claims.

I know its cynical but suspect that may have been part of the reason he took the site down, so it would be your word against his on what it is you ordered, and whether its a one off custom piece or a mass produced item.

I still have the official order confirmation his system automatically emailed me. Among other things, it tells the item name (SF-501B 445 nm) and version (1W).

I'm looking now to see if, worst case scenario, I can call my bank and have them do a chargeback.

Razako

I still have the official order confirmation his system automatically emailed me. Among other things, it tells the item name (SF-501B 445 nm) and version (1W).

I'm looking now to see if, worst case scenario, I can call my bank and have them do a chargeback.
What happens if you have your bank do a chargeback? I'm considering that myself if paypal fails to get the money back. Anyone with more info on this?

Last edited:
Quit giving him ideas

I'm sure he already had the same thoughts, given the history of fake tracking numbers and iirc at least one empty box being sent.

Just trying to give you guys some idea of what to expect next.

I've been scammed too, now I'm a far more "impatient" customer, and if I don't trust the source of a package I tape opening it... giving you the idea to do the same.

It depends on how established he is in Israel? Does he own a home? Does he have connections in the community? I think paypal will try to go after his bank account if he's emptied his paypal account. Unless he's somebody who can just "up and run for the hills" it's unlikely he'll be able to escape repercussions from this. Israel isn't THAT backwards of a country right? It's not like we were sending our money to some guy living in a hut in nigeria right?

No you're not. Israel is for the most part a very developed and technologically as well as legally advanced country.

In you shoes, being out $900 (rounding up a little) I'd consider doing a bit of research on reporting to the proper authorities there. Most israelis do speak english, so it may well be worth your time to make a few skype calls and possibly send a certified letter there, so he doesn't get away from this with no repercussions.

Last edited:
Ok I understand wanting your money back. I understand you being upset about it. I know your pissed off because your hard earned money is gone. But :horse: is not going to fix any thing but drive every one nuts. Avery has to do things with in a certain legal code. He has stated that he is looking for a legal option on taking down the banner. As for Joker there may or may not be any legal action taken by his country. ( A you were buying a Item that is over 5mw and importing in to the USA (B Joker is in another Country. It really is hard to sue a company that is over seas. It will be a long time if ever if you see your money back. Because of PP Rules and The over seas thing you may not see your money. Now if Joker and I dont think he will refund your money you just may be out of luck. Im says this not as a supporter of joker but a realist and know how the over seas thing plays out. Im pissed off because he thought to use me as a way to get out of his major F*ck up. I hope t his make sense

What happens if you have your bank do a chargeback? I'm considering that myself if paypal fails to get the money back. Anyone with more info on this?

Just a guess, but my account just might get banned from Paypal.

But, if Paypal won't give me my money back all nice like because they'd like to play moral mallcop, I'd be okay with being done with their service.

Besides, if I really needed to use Paypal again, I could buy a Visa giftcard and put it on a new account.

Razako

Just a guess, but my account just might get banned from Paypal.

But, if Paypal won't give me my money back all nice like because they'd like to play moral mallcop, I'd be okay with being done with their service.

Besides, if I really needed to use Paypal again, I could buy a Visa giftcard and put it on a new account.
I really don't want paypal to lock my account, but I AM NOT gonna be out nearly $900 over this crap.

Ok I understand wanting your money back. I understand you being upset about it. I know your pissed off because your hard earned money is gone. But is not going to fix any thing but drive every one nuts. Avery has to do things with in a certain legal code. He has stated that he is looking for a legal option on taking down the banner. As for Joker there may or may not be any legal action taken by his country. ( A you were buying a Item that is over 5mw and importing in to the USA (B Joker is in another Country. It really is hard to sue a company that is over seas. It will be a long time if ever if you see your money back. Because of PP Rules and The over seas thing you may not see your money. Now if Joker and I dont think he will refund your money you just may be out of luck. Im says this not as a supporter of joker but a realist and know how the over seas thing plays out. Im pissed off because he thought to use me as a way to get out of his major F*ck up. I hope t his make sense
It's easy for you to say...
This Joker doesn't owe you $890 USD.

Last edited:
This Joker doesn't owe you $890 USD.[/QUOTE]

That is true and I be pissed as a mother if He did. I just was pointing out some things

Razako

This Joker doesn't owe you $890 USD.

That is true and I be pissed as a mother if He did. I just was pointing out some things[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Don't take it personally. I'm just(understandably) pretty high strung right now over this issue. Usually I hate forum dramas.

That is true and I be pissed as a mother if He did. I just was pointing out some things
Yeah, Don't take it personally. I'm just(understandably) pretty high strung right now over this issue. Usually I hate forum dramas.[/QUOTE]

I dont I just trying to be a voice of reason is all

Status
Not open for further replies.