Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

An Apology for Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Richie,

His website is down. People are guessing all the claims filed through PayPal(for good reason) was enough for PayPal to go ahead and bring his site down. Joker even said "we won't hear from him again". Sorry, but I think his ride has come to an end my friend. He wasn't running a sustainable business with the way it was operating.

-Alex

You're telling me I won't get to spend $1000 on those 2 lasers I'm not getting?! :eg:

Damn it! Guess I'll start building my own lasers at a much cheaper price then.

You're telling me I won't get to spend $1000 on those 2 lasers I'm not getting?! :eg:

Damn it! Guess I'll start building my own lasers at a much cheaper price then.

Good idea, you could build 5 really good lasers for that price and you can get the parts in just a few days. It's really very easy, it's time I did another build thread or two.

I hope we can put all this behind us soon, everytime I am away for even several hours there is another two pages of this. I have wasted so much time reading this and the other threads. :tired: Let's go back to posting more on lasers and electronics, music, guns, space travel etc.

Alan

gozert

At least this thread gave me one hell of a good laugh. Check out those tags! Don't think you would ever see those on a regular thread. Looks like it's good for something at least, right?

At least this thread gave me one hell of a good laugh. Check out those tags! Don't think you would ever see those on a regular thread. Looks like it's good for something at least, right?

Some are pretty funny lol! Did you write any? :D

-Alex

gozert

Some are pretty funny lol! Did you write any? :D

-Alex

Only just noticed it so I couldn't add any more. Not that I could come up with something better than what's in it though...

I've seen this long coming. All there was to it was wait for the bubble to burst, which has finally happened. Now imagine this was already going on when I bought my laser from him back in 2014. Still waiting on my power certificate haha.

I wrote one, but I won't say which one. It is one of the more ridiculous ones, though.

mwang

Here are my personal experiences with Eitan:

Back in July, 2014, I ordered an Arcane 3W laser from him. Eitan was very responsive, and had all of the properties of a good seller: good customer service, relatively fast shipping for Israel (no fake tracking numbers, got here within 14 days iirc), and quality product (it still works perfectly now).

Recently, in Feb 2016, because of my good experience with him, I decided to talk with him about building a 16x 405nm laser. Many pm's were exchanged, and his response time exponentially increased. He would say how he will get me information I asked for (LPM graphs of diodes, etc) the next day, and I would wait for a week with no response. I would email him back, get a response that he would update me soon, and nothing.

Now that I have read through this thread, I am so glad I decided to just drop this completely. Dodged a bullet there.

Eitan, if you are reading this, know that I still think you are a good, albeit naive person. The world of businesses is very harsh. Your morals and beliefs do not matter. In order for any business to survive, you need to always have satisfied customers. You will need to make sacrifices. Don't think that your life is more important: that is a childish belief that does not work in the real world. If you want to run a business, the business IS your life. Everything else comes after. People are not forgiving, especially when it comes to their hard-earned money.

Do not let me down. Do not let LPF and the entire laser hobby community down. Take 24 hours, and enjoy them, as they will be the last 24 hours you enjoy for years, if you want to make this up. Think about what you have done in a detached, objective manner. Realize that you are the one that is wrong here. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, wipe away your tears, and get everyone their money back. It is not the customers' responsibility to wait for you. Borrow from your parents, or take out a long term loan. Pay everyone back IMMEDIATELY. AFTER everyone has their money back, work off your debt separately, in your own time.

Whenever you sell something, it is your responsibility to deliver. If you fail, and your product does not meet what you guaranteed, the fault is on you, not anyone else. You need to make sure that every customer either gets what they paid for, or their money back.

Stop making excuses. Start doing something to pull yourself out of the large field of quicksand you jumped into, or you will only sink deeper into it.

To everyone who has not had their money refunded, I will repeat what InfinitusEquitas said: DO NOT close your PayPal claim. Eitan, and Eitan alone is responsible for getting your money back to you. If he doesn't get back to you, do everything that is legal to get your money back. The world does not operate on morality and trust: it operates on a strict, enforceable legal code.

Last edited:
Richie,

His website is down. People are guessing all the claims filed through PayPal(for good reason) was enough for PayPal to go ahead and bring his site down. Joker even said "we won't hear from him again". Sorry, but I think his ride has come to an end my friend. He wasn't running a sustainable business with the way it was operating.

-Alex

Yeah I actually kinda feel stupid because I for some reason didn't read that part.
I think you're right, so no more Scifi. Almost doesn't feel real since he had a fantastic reputation for so long, he made such a great name for himself and just let it go downhill :(
looks like sanwu took his spot? Have to say I can't wait to see what they're about. Everyone seems to like him :D

This whole money back guarantee is what ruins sellers all over the world.

:crackup: that is for sellers who actually deliver their products

Also the fact that you were using the money you received to 'live' makes you sound extremely irresponsible, almost like a drug addict.... and why would you keep 30% of your money in PayPal? How old are you?

business isn't for everybody. When people buy in my industry, the product is right there. if it is in transit, or in manufacturing, they put down a deposit and pay in full on delivery, or in the case of internet orders, when it's shipped out.

It's simple. You sell only what's in stock, not what hasn't been made. Everything I make and sell is not listed, unless it has been made, or at least to the point in which it's ready to be customized according to the demands of the customer.

This was funny as I was expecting apologies from some of the members, and it was all just roasts LOL.

You deserve it though for screwing people and not holding your word. If you do come back, good luck (you will need it), and pace yourself.

Lol.

Edit: I don't know why I expected sympathy from the other members, I need to sleep haha.

But seriously looking at his rep makes me laugh so hard.

Last edited:
I can understand getting in over your head, but you haven't addressed much concern I've seen here. Hope this gets sorted out and I can get a laser off you one day. ( I meant in a distant future or alt universe where he gets his rep back just to clarify, not buying anything atm)

Last edited:
Seriously? Why not throw your money in a fire and hope for a package in the mail, your chances are about the same.

But if you enjoy being lied to and cheated.......

Seriously? Why not throw your money in a fire and hope for a package in the mail, your chances are about the same.

But if you enjoy being lied to and cheated.......

Oh don't get me wrong, not a chance in hell I'll be buying anything at the moment. I was just saying in case he miraculously does a U turn and everything gets sorted. but I don't see that happening. Your original post is what made me aware of this and saved me a shit load of hassle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.