Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Amateur laser enthusiast

hey everyone, i'm new here. this is my first time even coming to this site and i gotta say, wow, friendly and informative. i've always been interested in lasers and little nicknacks, like lasers, rubik's cubes, things of that nature. novelties if you will.

the only lasers ive had were the cheap 5 dollar ones you can get at convient stores that have no power in them at all. then i watched this video from youtube user kipkay, and hes just a fanatic laser enthusiast. then i saw his review of a product from wicked lasers, and i looked at one, and just had to have one for myself.

so thats an introduction to myself and the LPF community. but before i let you go, my order i placed didn't seem to go through. i didn't keep records and deleted the e-mail. sure the tracking might've come into my spam, but i clear my spam, shame on me. however, i just recently placed a new order for a better laser. the first was an E2 series, the 2nd was an E3. i placed 2 E2 orders and canceled one, thinking, oh, they're sorting it out and so forth. but on their forums, people have been waiting several months for a laser, and when they finally received it, it was something other than what they ordered. am i a victim wasting my time waiting for communication that wont happen between me and WL? lemme know.

i'm also curious on the technical numbers that almost every, that i've seen so far, company provide. can someone give me an in-depth detail on what they mean? examples, 200mW. 600nm. i know they mean milliwatts or something along that, and nanometer, again (i feel so repetitive) along those lines. but how do i use these numbers to shop for lasers? and if i can get recommendations for companies, more people recommending a single laser the better.

THANKS!

There is a new thread by T_J who is a reputable members of LPF : 30 reasons
This may be helpful for someone want to know more about wl
however, I have no right to talk about WL, for I never order a laser

Refer to the other question
that i've seen so far, company provide. can someone give me an in-depth detail on what they mean? examples, 200mW. 600nm

The 600nm is the wavelength of this kind of light (laser is also a kind of light ). If you have some knowledge about phycics, you will know light is a kind of wave, electromagnetic wave. Every wave has a wavelength. the frequency*the wavelength= the speed of wave (λ = c/f). a certain wavelength will give a certain color, for example, 600nm will be orange, 650nm will be red,and 532nm will be green

color wavelength(nm) 

紫色  (violet) 400-423
藍色  (blue) 424-490
綠色  (green) 491-574
黃色  (yellow) 575-584
橘黃色 (orange) 585-646
紅色  (red) 647-700

I'm not professional in laser, just good at phycics when I was in school, so that's what I can tell you. I think other members here will tell you more

welcome, enjoy LPF
reliable john

Last edited:

udanis

There is a new thread by T_J who is a reputable members of LPF : 30 reasons
This may be helpful for someone want to know more about wl
however, I have no right to talk about WL, for I never order a laser

Refer to the other question

The 600nm is the wavelength of this kind of light (laser is also a kind of light ). If you have some knowledge about phycics, you will know light is a kind of wave, electromagnetic wave. Every wave has a wavelength. the frequency*the wavelength= the speed of wave (λ = c/f). a certain wavelength will give a certain color, for example, 600nm will be orange, 650nm will be red,and 532nm will be green

color wavelength(nm) 

紫色  (violet) 400-423
藍色  (blue) 424-490
綠色  (green) 491-574
黃色  (yellow) 575-584
橘黃色 (orange) 585-646
紅色  (red) 647-700

I'm not professional in laser, just good at phycics when I was in school, so that's what I can tell you. I think other members here will tell you more

welcome, enjoy LPF
reliable john

Not in the welcome section.....again! lol

mw is output power of the laser
nm is the color
mrad is the beam divergence

There is this cool thing call google if your not sure of a word

Not in the welcome section.....again! lol

nm is the color

soory, could you tell me what's the matter?
I'm sorry for my rude

I just tried to make you a friend of mine, I thought you were a honest man.

John is a member of LPF, not a company.

Last edited:
udanis;797784[B said:
]Not in the welcome section.....again! lol[/B]

nm is the color

He didnt do anything wrong. :whistle:

How about you google good society manners? :thinking:

Last edited:
hey everyone, i'm new here. this is my first time even coming to this site and i gotta say, wow, friendly and informative. i've always been interested in lasers and little nicknacks, like lasers, rubik's cubes, things of that nature. novelties if you will.

the only lasers ive had were the cheap 5 dollar ones you can get at convient stores that have no power in them at all. then i watched this video from youtube user kipkay, and hes just a fanatic laser enthusiast. then i saw his review of a product from wicked lasers, and i looked at one, and just had to have one for myself.

so thats an introduction to myself and the LPF community. but before i let you go, my order i placed didn't seem to go through. i didn't keep records and deleted the e-mail. sure the tracking might've come into my spam, but i clear my spam, shame on me. however, i just recently placed a new order for a better laser. the first was an E2 series, the 2nd was an E3. i placed 2 E2 orders and canceled one, thinking, oh, they're sorting it out and so forth. but on their forums, people have been waiting several months for a laser, and when they finally received it, it was something other than what they ordered. am i a victim wasting my time waiting for communication that wont happen between me and WL? lemme know.

i'm also curious on the technical numbers that almost every, that i've seen so far, company provide. can someone give me an in-depth detail on what they mean? examples, 200mW. 600nm. i know they mean milliwatts or something along that, and nanometer, again (i feel so repetitive) along those lines. but how do i use these numbers to shop for lasers? and if i can get recommendations for companies, more people recommending a single laser the better.

THANKS!

Welcome to LPF!

As far as Wicked Lasers goes the only response you will get from them is when you buy and they get your money, they notify you that your laser has shipped or a conformation when you cancel your order, that's pretty much it.

I ordered on June 19th and then I canceled on Aug 24th, they never answered any of my e-mails, never could get thru on the phone or live chat.

Good luck on your order!

Jeff

Alright. So I checked when they'd have the WL ready or available. Says Oct. 15th. Dragon Laser is declining my orders because of international borders. US to China. Any thoughts of O-Like? they have a sweet "Old Style" 200mW for under $50. The E2 I wanted looks pretty sick for the host, but the output is weak compared to the "Old Style." Give me your thoughts about O-Like. Product and customer service. Thanks!

Alright. So I checked when they'd have the WL ready or available. Says Oct. 15th. Dragon Laser is declining my orders because of international borders. US to China. Any thoughts of O-Like? they have a sweet "Old Style" 200mW for under $50. The E2 I wanted looks pretty sick for the host, but the output is weak compared to the "Old Style." Give me your thoughts about O-Like. Product and customer service. Thanks!
Go for the o-like one.

Alright. It's probably Saturday going into Sunday there so they might be off. Hopefully they ship it faster than P.O.S. WL.

IsaacT

Welcome to LPF! Be sure to read the stickies and whatnot. I am sure you will love it here, just don't let the bad experience with WL cause you to leave. Lasers are wonderful things and this site is a great light to lead the way on the path to experiencing the many great facets of this hobby.

One thing, you will find that Kipkay is definitely NOT a respected laser enthusiast around here. Mainly due to his ignorance of safety precautions(by and large) and also for his rather primitive ideas on DIY projects(i.e.-not using a driver). This is just something you will see a bit of if you stick around, so just to give you a heads up so you won't have to ask like I did ;)

Again, welcome!

Thanks burnstuff. His videos are cool but I guess I never looked at it that way. Like I said, I'm an amateur. I'm just worried about customs taking my laser from me. Building my own, I don't really have the equipment to do so. But thanks again for the warnings, I'll definitely heed them.