Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aluminum Laser Case?

I found a nice case I REALLY like, but there are 2 reasons I can't get it.
1) It's out of stock
2) It's from Lazerer anyways, so I probably wouldn't buy from there.

Al_Case_3.jpg

Al_Case_2.jpg

Al_Case_1.jpg

Does anyone know of a place I can get a case like this? Not trying to spend more than about $15-20 since I am probably going to order 2.

Note: Yes, I have browsed the forums endlessly trying to find a nice case, but they're all pretty expensive (even the DIY ones) and I would rather buy one pre-made anyways (although if it's cheaper I will make one myself).

Nice pics! Whats the price you ever seen? Could you provide more detailed specs?

rhd

I'll second that - I would love to find a source of reasonably price (read: cheap) aluminum cases. Extra points if shipping is reasonably priced for those of us not in the US ;)

I have a bunch of pelican cases for any truly rough outdoor transportation of gear. I'd just love some moderately attractive aluminum cases, that are inexpensive, for personal storage indoors.

Last edited:

ru124t

I use this case from Canadian tire. It is on sale this week for like 25.00 ! Don't let the picture fool you. It comes with a big block of customizable foam and I have so far put my digital camera, three lasers, all their batteries, and two tripods as well as a battery charger in this case and I still have room for more. I did not use the dividers ,just the large block of custom foam. You can customize it to any size lasers and accessories. Aluminum Tool Case with Strap | Canadian Tire

I use this case from Canadian tire. It is on sale this week for like 25.00 ! Don't let the picture fool you. It comes with a big block of customizable foam and I have so far put my digital camera, three lasers, all their batteries, and two tripods as well as a battery charger in this case and I still have room for more. I did not use the dividers ,just the large block of custom foam. You can customize it to any size lasers and accessories. Aluminum Tool Case with Strap | Canadian Tire

That would be perfect! But do they ship to the US? I'm not even seeing an "Add to Cart" button... :thinking:

ru124t

Not sure if they even do online but this is what I use! Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 114
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 91
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 104
A cheaper alternative is the Plano brand plastic cases. They're very inexpensive and durable. I looked several years ago for similar aluminium cases and couldn't find any actual retailer, just occasional sales on eBay from china.

IsaacT

I found some big Pelican cases at the Best Buy that I work at. Retail price is 120, I get them for 56 dollars. Haven't pulled the trigger yet but soon.

Good ol Fleabay. Look under Gun cases and instrument cases. Seem to be a few around that price and size on OZ ebay but I am sure it must be same there.
Just ordered a bigger one that will fit a dozen lasers in:yh: but if I keep buying hosts at the rate I have been lately then I saw a case there for a Shotgun at $40 au that I might get!:crackup:

I just bought a nice one from Harbor Freight for $22. I can post pics if you'd like. It has foam inside and has perforations to customize it. And it has locks with keys. I am not sure if they can be found on their website as I was in the store when I found it.

Jason

P.S. > Here is a link to the Harbor Freight site: http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=aluminum+case

The one I bought is the 18x13x6.

Last edited: