Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Alien Life

Do you think life exists outside of Earth?

• Total voters
Of course there’s alien life. Hillary Clinton is a Zeta- Reticulin reptilian. That’s why she isn’t in jail for espionage or dead. Just look at Bill, now. She has sucked the life outa that man.

-Grey Lives Matter-

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I can't see why aliens would visit us in that manner. If they are so advanced that they can travel many tens or even hundreds of lightyears to our planet, they must have also developed very advanced AI, miniaturization and probably cloaking.

If they wanted to conduct experiments on us/our planet without us knowing, surely they could just send tiny robotic probes, probably the size of a grain of sand, or smaller to collect whatever info they needed and we'd be none the wiser.

If they wanted us to know about them, they could just send us a radio/laser message?

I don't see what they would be trying to accomplish by sending one of even a small number of larger craft that they know only few people would see but would cause sporadic sighting reports.

Unless they have a good sense of humor and are trolling us. :D

Last edited:
From the reports I accept as probably genuine, they sometimes come close, too close... but much of the time keep their distance. If they have hi-tech, I am sure they don't need to get very close to have a look, samples on the other hand, unless they have drones, or the silver ships we see with the reported grey beings are AI units, they appear to have backed-off on such probes for the last few decades.

Encap

I can't see why aliens would visit us in that manner. If they are so advanced that they can travel many tens or even hundreds of lightyears to our planet, they must have also developed very advanced AI, miniaturization and probably cloaking.

If they wanted to conduct experiments on us/our planet without us knowing, surely they could just send tiny robotic probes, probably the size of a grain of sand, or smaller to collect whatever info they needed and we'd be none the wiser.

If they wanted us to know about them, they could just send us a radio/laser message?

I don't see what they would be trying to accomplish by sending one of even a small number of larger craft that they know only few people would see but would cause sporadic sighting reports.

Unless they have a good sense of humor and are trolling us. :D

I think you are on to something there Ears and Eggs.
Either they are:
1. Trolling, with a capital T, us and to a great extent without equivocation stupid and/or purposeless i.e. "assholes from outer space"
or
2. They are farmers checking the planet to see if we are ready for harvesting. LOL

:crackup:

Ditto :crackup:

Last edited:
i have no idea if life exsists but i would love to believe it does. my dads religion says that life doesnt exist outside earth but i cant totally agree with that.

Last edited:
Religion is a way of viewing, that's all.... hey, lets not revive the religion thread :p

VG chewed on me for posting to it after being inactive awhile, I now can see that outlook.

I seen a ufo in 1997 in germany me and another 2 friends and me brothers it was hovering no noise over a field then it turned and started to approach us very slow and we run with the bicycles and we stooped and looked at it then the ufo stooped and changed position and flow up in space so fast hard to describe how fast, when i was in germnay 3/4months ago me friend was talking about it and his wife was like he is talking about a ufo for years he saw so i told her yes its true she was like what you two, so in 1997 after we saw it me friend told his mother she contacted the police the police told her the have no info on anything, after like 5days or so different police came to our house in green uniform,and the ask what we saw and to draw it so we told the police what we saw the police told us the was nothing tare and we shod forget it, me and me friends and brothers ware out trying to find it again for almost 2y searching for it to prove what we saw but nothing, so we gave up, this is only a part of the story the is more but cant write online :)

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Found this really interesting survey:

https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/09/28/you-are-not-alone-most-people-believe-aliens-exist/

Slightly more than 50% of people believe that intelligent alien life exists. Higher than I would have guessed actually, but still noticeable lower than percentage total on this forum.

Also of note is that men were more likely to believe in intelligent extraterrestrials than women. lol :thinking:

A more detailed breakdown of the results:

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.n.../tabs_OPI_Extra_Terrestrial_Life_20150916.pdf

Belief is a poor excuse to knowing, it can be based on nothing more than the desire for something to be true, but for this subject I am beyond belief from seeing craft far beyond our human capabilities, at least I think I did, call that a belief if you wish, but my belief comes from evidence.

Last edited:
I'm with Alaskan. I've been there, I remain amazed but I don't talk about it much.
Why would an advanced civilization contact us? Who is the leader of the world? What's with all the wars? They are as we should be -- Stand back and wait for a leader to arise on the planet and deal with that one only.

By the way -- My SSY project is full of wires! A real tight fit! The capacitor bank is being fitted into any
available space.

12146-ssy-disrupter2.jpg

HM

Last edited:
They are going to be waiting awhile, I doubt we can have a global leader with human beings, bad enough with just presidents and kings of single countries, we hardly tolerate them. (edit: I see, now, that's your point).

Last edited:
The "gun" is assembled and outputting photons so I'm working on
an expander -- About 3x for short and simple. The bunch of capacitors in there
provides 25J at about 1,000 volts but it is relatively high ESR from the
Rubycon caps. The above picture is correct except the caps are installed and
hook-ups done.
HM

WOW--- 53K rep power after 11 years! Now THAT'S a badge of honor I like.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
i bought one built into an auto timing gun on ebay some time back and just now unpacked it but i like the phaser idea more :)