Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz 50mW ( AT 164mW !!!! )

Good tip, Amigo - Man, I'm really pissed, set up for the show tonight with 2 of these in diffraction-wheel builds, got em all aimed, etc and one started strobing on me again, MAN these are really sensitive as to power settings...

Oh well, looks like I'll have to do a quick "rescue tune" on the break, hopefully I'll get some shots of them running during the second set.

Back to work!

Well, I guess I have to alter my review, I started to work with the second batch and one won't lase, the pot was already cranked full clockwise and the wires to the module were spliced with shrink-tubing when I took it out of the anti-static bag (I'm going to wait and see what Aixiz says before I do anything with it) and another one makes a really strange (loud) whistling sound from the driver board when powered up (bad enough you can hear it in the next room, even) - although it DOES lase at 89mW...

Aaargh - I've been waiting too long already to put these to use, coulda waitied for O-like in this time frame and picked up a couple of the good ones. Anyone know what that whistling sound is?

Well, I guess I have to alter my review, I started to work with the second batch and one won't lase, the pot was already cranked full clockwise and the wires to the module were spliced with shrink-tubing when I took it out of the anti-static bag (I'm going to wait and see what Aixiz says before I do anything with it) and another one makes a really strange (loud) whistling sound from the driver board when powered up (bad enough you can hear it in the next room, even) - although it DOES lase at 89mW...

Aaargh - I've been waiting too long already to put these to use, coulda waitied for O-like in this time frame and picked up a couple of the good ones. Anyone know what that whistling sound is?

It sounds to me like they sent you some defective units. I had one that I just recently sent back that had a driver that whistled. I can't imagine there being too many more. I wonder if you somehow ended up with that one. I know they just moved, so maybe things got confused in the move somehow.

Chuck (owner of Aixiz) is usually quite good about replacing defective units, so I'd contact him about an RMA and then send them back.

I agree - it took Chuck less than 10 minutes to return my Email (WOW!!!) and he's sending another unit out. The funny thing is, the whistling stopped after the unit was on for a bit (maybe 10 minutes) so I'm letting it cool completely and try it again...

Even if I'm still a tad "on the fence" with these lasers (for now) I can't remember having been so impressed with a companies customer service, so I wouldn'y hesitate for a second to use Aixiz again!

(BTW, lumia wheel vids as soon as it gets dark, I put another one of these modules in the test unit and all I can say is WOW - I'm getting a 12-15ft projection pattern at 10ft - I was hoping for 10 at 10 so this is a lot better for my application - WOO HOO!)

EF, again, Amigo - Thanks a million for all the help!

^Aixiz is a great company in terms of customer service. Don't be surprised if you have to remind Chuck about things from time to time, since he can be a little absent-minded sometimes, especially since the move.

I understand why you would be a little uncertain about these modules. The price is so low that you would expect some problems, and they do happen. All told, I'm still a fan even after having to send some back myself. They are soo easy to repair and upgrade that for $70 shipped you really can't go wrong even with the potential to get a problem unit..

GDI, I bought too many of these to really know WHAT to think, figured "be safe" and test 'em all, 114, 118, 62 on the last few ... LMAO - now I like them again!

2 hrs til dark, and the first "lumia wheel" video - gotta go cut a tree down so I can get a straight shot at the end of my house so I have something to project it on in the video (in the pouring rain...PERFECT!)

cool cause i just bought two of them from that chuck fellow he's pretty cool
just waiting for them to arrive

hey Dale its the 16th wheres the 8x is it a go still ?

LMAO - Hi John, yeah, it's still a plan bit I'm still waiting for Dave to get back to me on the status of my other 6X kryton that I sent him to peek at because it was acting up (if it's unsalvageable then I'm going to use the host for the 8X) ...

Speaking of Dave, I haven't heard back from him in a few weeks, anyone else heard from him?

Just an update, Chuck sent me a new replacement module, this one looks absolutely brand new and jumped right to 102mW when powered up, again - Aixiz is definitely a great outfit!

Still waiting on mine and coldstl's units

Edit just called home two new units are there lol

Last edited:
I'm relatively sure that the laser modules inside these labbys are very similar to what's inside an RPL.. I don't own an RPL style laser, though, so i don't know for sure. I can tell you that they are also very similar to the larger high-powered modules that o-like sells.

Diachi, Can you take the module out of the heatsink and take some pics ? is that possible?

hey just recieved my two from aixis ,but strange my two have two pot adjustments
on each board i took mine up to 100mw then set it at 75 mw its very stable no jumping around smooth but one pot does nothing .. i think i hope its for the ttl and not some kind of current adjustment anyone have any idea ????????????