Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Acronyms for the Forum

Trevor

I read somewhere on the forum an acronym - "TEC."

I forget what context though... something about mounting? Any light shed would be appreciated. :)

Trevor

@ Build TEC thermo-electric coolers do the cooling, never ordered a cooling before, but I did order a cooler to do the cooling. this is a cool thread. LOL

"Double Push BuildAbluraylaser out of the way"

Tymtravler: No Problem Sir Dude

:crackup:LMAO:crackup:

I have an Acronym that I've been seeing for a long time now, here & there on the Forum, & try as I might, I can't figure out any phrase or anything that these three initials might stand for. They are "meh". These are used by a lot of different Members, not just by one or two. I see them pop up in all kinds of places, & even the context of the sentence gives me NO CLUE as to what they stand for, or if they are a typo, or WHAT ? I just know that as soon as someone enlightens me as to what they stand for, I'll feel foolish 'cause they're probably something simple, & staring me right in the face, but I JUST CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. Somebody please HELP ME !!!! They are driving me crazy. For an example, here is a sentence where they are used. "For me the bible is meh. I prefer religious texts like the tao te ching or the Confucian scripts. Never read foundation. However, I really like LOTR, HGttG, I heard flatland is good. A brief history of time is good." Quote from text by "ossumguywill" To ANY & ALL who answer this, I give you my THANKS & can now breathe a sigh of RELIEF, PWEW!!!!!!!
rob

It is not an acronym. It means that you're unimpressed and you just say "meh, whatever I don't care" or just "meh".

Edit: It can often be said while sighing to make it extra non-caring/bored.

One other meaning of "meh" is "me", said as some cute interwebs speak. Kitteh.

Last edited:
No wonder I couldn't match the letters to any words !!!! DUH! Thanks for the answer to my query FML, I REALLY appreciate it.------------ rob