Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aconsen 200mw Green Laser

Ready to measure, if you look closely you'll see Wavelength correction is OFF;

Attachments

• PA090131.JPG
    PA090131.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 104

Well I hope my arguement with her helps get you a refund. I've been ripped off before and it just irritates me when peoples hard earned cash is at stake.

I'd rep you back to fix your rep on here, but I'm a few posts away from being able to start.

This will be the last pictures I post, to help end the argument which is foolish that the software correction factor set to 532nm is the issue.

I placed my camera on a tripod and took a picture directly off of the Meters Screen measuring the 200mw Laser without the computer and the Wavelength correction is OFF as you can clearly see. I think you can clearly see why I'm UPSET. (the meter is plugged into AC so there is no worry about the battery gauge on the meter).

Attachments

• PA120162.JPG
    PA120162.JPG
    803.2 KB · Views: 97
This will be the last pictures I post, to help end the argument which is foolish that the software correction factor set to 532nm is the issue.

I placed my camera on a tripod and took a picture directly off of the Meters Screen measuring the 200mw Laser without the computer and the Wavelength correction is OFF as you can clearly see. I think you can clearly see why I'm UPSET. (the meter is plugged into AC so there is no worry about the battery gauge on the meter).

IN THIS PHOTO I PLACED MY IR FILTER IN THE BEAM'S PATH (sorry I do not have a video camera, or I would have just made a video)

Attachments

• PA120163.JPG
    PA120163.JPG
    791.7 KB · Views: 87
Wow, thats pretty bad.
You could practically just get a true 30 or 50 off DX...

Why don't you just re-test the Laser with the proper setup (no 532nm on the
graph) to show her.. (rather than relying on the old graph at the begining of this
thread) :-?
Or better still make a video of the test with the laser and your meter with
wavelength correction OFF.  How much cleared could that be.. :-?

I'm sure she doesn't want to be ripped off any more than you.. The only way
is to go half way... Re-Do your tests... on Video... to show her the problem and
send it back for replacement.
I'm pretty sure she will do right by you.. Ranting and raving will only get you to
keep THAT laser. :'(

Just my $0.01... I was told the economy is crap.... ;D ;D

Even in the last photo you would need to show the actual setup/hookup of the laser
to the meter and the filter in one picture... else one could argue.. you got the
reading using another laser which is not in view... (just trying to be the devil's
advocate)...
Not that it matters to you... but I believe your laser IS underpowered I have a
40mw Module from her that almost does 80mW for $26.00 :-/

this all goes back to the saying you get what you pay for you want a 200 $ pen style laser you buy one -a cheap 12$ module same just buy one ;D ;D ;D or just make your own on lpf ;D ;D ;D

Yeah... but it's like the DX200 Red...  it is by its name a 200mW laser...
but we find... on the average...it is only putting out 150-170mW (some do
perform better) when tested..  :eek:
The label does says <200mW... which...  in this case is correct... even
though we are expecting 200mw. :-? If the laser was only 7mW the label
would still be correct.
The <nnn labeling is a marketing ploy for the uninformed... we should know
better and ask questions before we put down our hard earned cash.. IMHO :cool:

On the other hand... at 170mW it is still a great deal for $43.00 even if
it is NOT 200mW. ;)

Hey Electron.. have you heard from Sussie yet concerning your refund/return/exchange???

I really hope my arguement straightens her out.  PS.. I got 50+ post and helped rep you for what she did to yours.

EDIT.. She just digged me for rep the second I got 51 post.. LOL
Exposed her... argued with her... showed everyone her horrible customer service... her lack of return/exchange/refund for your item... LOL

laserbee:

Just to satisfy you, I unpacked it and set everything all up again, at your request;

Attachments

• PA120001.JPG
    PA120001.JPG
    922.2 KB · Views: 110
OK before I pack it up Again to ship it back, here's some Video from my Camera Phone; sorry but it's the best I get the phone to do.

Attachments

• Video1.MOV
    10.1 MB · Views: 83
OK before I pack it up Again to ship it back, here's some Video from my Camera Phone; sorry but it's the best I get the phone to do.

And one last Video from the phone;

Attachments

• Video2.MOV
    10.2 MB · Views: 72
OK, that's going to be it....I'm putting my Meter's Thermopile Sensor back in the position where it belongs so that it is not near the meter.

I never keep it close to the Meter because I'm always afraid when measuring High Powered Lasers, a stray shot might hit the face of the Meter and damage it. I had to move things around a-lot just to try and get the Sensor & Meter in the same frame and yet still be able to  read the screen.

The Meter is hard to get a picture off of because it's a light bluish dot matrix on a bright back light screen and when you turn a Laser on it makes it even harder to adjust everything so you can read the screen.

That is what the software is for, and again the software doesn't and CAN'T filter out any wavelength, nor can the Meter itself w/o a Filter placed directly in the beams path.  As Coherent has already stated the Wavelength setting is only a correction factor of about 2% of the set wavelength for Sensors that are at the bottom or top of the Sensors range & filters out nothing, think about it; it can't.

I never even use the Wavelength setting on the Meter itself it's always OFF, my Coherent Main Sensor's Wavelength Range is 300nm - 11,000nm, I also have 2 other Coherent Sensor's and those 2 both are 190nm - 11,000nm

The LabMax software doesn't have an OFF position, but since everything I measure is within range of all my Sensors, that setting doesn't really do anything.

A Thermopile is NOT like a Photo Cell or something like a Andover LPM-1 which I do also own and you HAVE to properly set the Wavelength or the readings will be wrong because that Meter/Sensor is calibrated per wavelength and IR present in the readings will produce wrong results. So if you set the LPM-1 to 532nm and have lots of IR which the Aconsen has a ton of, the readings will be wrong on that meter, BUT not a Therompile; it will show you the SUM of all Wavelengths.

You'll also notice I don't hold the Laser in my hand and OMG I would NEVER hold the Sensor in my hands, in-fact I put a kozzy around it to shield it from any stray air currents.....but after adjusting the room temperature I do turn off all sources of air movements.

If this still leaves questions on Sensors, you might want to do some research on Themopile, Optical (photodiodes), etc; Coherent's site is a good resource as well many others of such nature.

Well I've pretty much wasted my entire weekend over this Laser, Ive easily lost in time more than the original value of it.

-Peace