Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aconsen 200mw Green Laser

WackBag said:
I also just received 2 green modules from her.  The 10-20 mW is dead :(  The 40-50 mW module works fine and does put out 38 mW's (close to specs).  I'm hesitant to return the broke one because I only paid $14.20 for it.  Does anyone know what the shipping would be to return it to Honga Konga?

Change 1:  I looked up the postage and its $12.00 to ship a small envelope from the US to Hong Kong :(  So it doesn't make sense to pay the cost of the module to return it.  I would almost end up paying double for the same item and that's assuming the replacement works.  Thus the problems buying items from China.  I PM'd Susie and asked if she would send me a replacement for half off and I'll just throw away the broken one.  Oh Well...its worth a try.  Is anybody interested in buying a non-working 10-20 mW green module?

Change 2:  Susie has responded...she is good about that :)  I also want to say that the modules are well made and my non-working one may just be a fluke.  The 40 mW module is a solidly constructed module and puts out a bright beam :)

Laser.jpg
Hey WackBag...
                       I had purchased a 5mw Green from Susie a while back... it put out 7mw at 3volts
and testing it at 5 volts it put out over 20mw. :eek:

I received 2pc of 40mW-50mW green modules from here this week and 1 of them did not work either.
I decided to retouch the solder joints where the LD touches the PCB... and it is now functioning.. ;)
They output about 47mW and 52mW. When I bumped the voltage up to 5Volts on the 47mW
module and it put out 75mw @ 450ma   :eek:

Electron... sorry to hear about your dilema.. :-/

Enough is enough, time to take this out of the shadows of email, in the next post you will see the exact emails on this issue; I think it's about time I brought this fully into the limelight and take the gloves off............ Susie / Standstone11 is well aware of this thread and is more than welcome to post in my thread on this issue.

To: aconsenco@live.cn
Subject: RE: balck laser torch APG-4 picture
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:34:09 -0400

Susie the Laser arrived today and the package was in perfect condition, However the Laser is SEVERELY underpowered and UNACCEPTABLE for the money I just paid you.  It only measures an average of 86.12 mw's, I bought and paid for 200mw's.  I used a freshly charge 18650 battery, and tested @ 72F on a Coherent LabMax Laser Power Meter.

-Joe

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:33:44 +0800

Dear Joe ,

I am sorry to hear that but it is inspected by engineer .Pls don't worry .I check with him at once then give you respond . sorry .

Susie

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:11:54 +0800

Dear Joe ,

I am back ,our engineer said you tested under the pure 532nm with your power meter .the product we provide without IR filter , included 808,1064nm also . if with IR filter at the same time out power at 200mw , we should use 400mw laser source .  
so we did inspect around 200mw  before sent out via our power meter .you can see the power meter we use as attached video .pls let me know your ideas

Susie

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:22:09 -0400

The Sensor is a Thermopile sensor, the measure taken will be the sum of ALL the wavelengths not just 532nm per Coherent. Changing the number shown in the screen shot as 532nm doesn't change the readings at all, the Meter is set for Auto.  In either case you sold and are selling this Laser as a 532nm (Green) 190mw-200mw Laser and it is not.

-Joe

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:19:17 +0800

Dear Joe ,

yes ,In domestic we usually use power meter like attached video showes ,not like yours . if some customers did want for green laser with IR filter ,we can also supply but cost is expensive .

Could you use the power meter like ours to test ? the data is will be 190mw~200mw .that is our QC standard . thank you for cooperation .

Best regards

Susie

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:44:59 -0400

Susie, there is nothing wrong with my Laser Meter setup, it is a brand new system recently purchased directly from Coherent and cost USD $3,700.00

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:56:45 +0800

Dear Joe ,

Sorry ,you misunderstand me I don't mean your power meter has problem ,I mean your power meter test our product under pure 532nm ,filtered other wavelengths. so power is low .

Our power meter is not like you . we test power sum of all wavelengths then 200mw , but not much other wavelength .mainly is 532nm. So now there is difference data in outpower between us is caused by our different equipment and method . we ensure our power meeting with consumer requirement  with our power meter tested  . hope above made me understood .right ?

Susie

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:23:01 -0400

Yea but the readings I got are the SUM all of wavelengths, the measurements are taken with a Thermopile Sensor, not a photoelectric one........I realize the screen shot shows my reference shows appears to be set to 532nm but it really is not; per Coherent......the Meter and Sensor is passing the SUM of all wavelengths, the only way I can exclude all IR is to use a filter in-front of the Sensor, and I am not.

The next one I think sums it up, their telling me it's bright enough for me?? no arguing with that it's 200mw's :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RE: balck laser torch APG-4 picture[ch8207]
Sent: Fri 10/10/08 12:56 PM

Dear Joe ,

May I know for what use you bought this green laser torch ? you can see it is very bright and visible in the night and I am sure it is enough 200mw at power . and you will see it is cool design and good feel in hand . it is sold well to many other customers who don't reflect our power is underpowered .
now we arguing is no sense as we test it at 200mw but you test it 87mw with your power meter . our QC inspected our products depend on our equipment because we can not use many kinds of power meters as we have many customers ,if everyone ask us to test as their powermeter ,we can not afford .
Can you understand me ? or I suggest you test it with other type power meters ,you can borrow it from others .can you agree ?

Thanks

Susie

I contacted Coherent yet again and told them of the trouble I'm still having with Aconsen and here's the reply;

Hi Joe,

I'm not sure if this will help, but here is a related FAQ from our
website. They can look it up themselves at
http://www.coherent.com/FAQ/index.cfm?fuseaction=show.faq&FAQ=3617

Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

Question:
Can my power sensor be used at a wavelength other than the wavelength it
was calibrated for?

Answer:
The PM-series sensors use coatings that have a very flat spectral
response. They basically absorb all wavelengths about the same and their
response doesn't change by more than a few percent over the entire
wavelength range of the sensor. So there will be very little error if
using the sensor at a wavelength other than where it was calibrated.
Most of our power meters also have a wavelength correction feature.
While this feature doesn't have much to correct for with the PM-series
sensors, it will account for the small changes in response at different
wavelengths. So using the wavelength correction feature on the meter
will help account for even those small 2 or 3% changes in response due
to wavelength.

LOL

She is telling you of all people to recheck your LPM readings!? Your LPM could probably estimate the age of the universe...and make coffee...

Anyways +1 from me, your purchase has saved quite a few members from buying their "200mw" green, including me I was actually seriously considering it based on the fact that their modules seemed to be upto spec and its price.

Hope everything works out.

Thanks brtaman.

Now you want to hear what bites even more than that?

I just brought home with me an optical filter, that Filters both 808nm and 1064nm infra-red light, placing it in the path of the Laser beam further reduces the output by a shocking 48% loss off of my original readings  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Ouch!?

Wait so its outputting 40ish mw of green? If they are marketing it as a 200mw 532 nm laser and even with IR leakage it is going up to only 84, while doing absolutely nothing about it, they are going to have some serious problems in their business future...well they lost me as a potential client.

Oh I was just asked this question by someone, they wanted to know what the Label on the Laser itself says and whats on the box if anything it came in.  Good question, BUT there is first off NO Laser label what-so-ever on the Laser itself indicating that it is a Laser, and second, what that power level or wavelength is and no typical Laser Warning label Class whatever. The only label on the Laser itself is a small label that has a date on it, I'm assuming by the check it off marks of it, it's for the manufactured date......you know even that must be a lie, because Susie told me it would take 3 days to get my Laser made for me, then they would ship it out.  The problem with that is the Laser's label says 09/08 I bought in it 10/08 What's the Duty Cycle of the Laser?? I have NO idea, I've never been told the Safe duty cycle of it.

These Lasers are suppose to be available according to Susie in the following 4 configurations;

90-100mw <<--------------- Do you think I got this one?? :-/

110-120mw

140-150mw

190-200mw <<------I paid for this one

Which one did I actually get?? Well let see, no packing slip, no invoice and the box itself has no Serial number, Model number, Power Output, Who made it, etc.  The only thing it does have is on the back of it, is pre-printed with the following info as shown in this photo;
(Sorry about the photo being so large, it was hard to capture the print off the box)

Attachments

• PA100136.JPG
    PA100136.JPG
    903.5 KB · Views: 100
I just read everything just now. It's pretty sad that they clearly do not want to take your product back and are trying to justify that it is your problem and not theirs.

Now...
- Customer Service Blows
- They wont take returns and will argue with you until the end of time about their great engineers who test the units
- They say they test the units beforehand. (Forum Member received a dead one)
- Selling products that can really mess up yours eyes without IR protection
- But there are ppl who get some good stuff, but so far from what I've been reading it's only the stull less than 50mw

Sorry, but this seller is blacklisted in my books

brtaman said:
LOL

She is telling you of all people to recheck your LPM readings!? Your LPM could probably estimate the age of the universe...and make coffee...

Anyways +1 from me, your purchase has saved quite a few members from buying their "200mw" green, including me I was actually seriously considering it based on the fact that their modules seemed to be upto spec and its price.

Hope everything works out.
Hey I just thought of something, maybe she will believe one of my Hobby Meters instead :cool:

I still have my UK D4Thing Thermopile Laser Meter that goes to a full 3W's and the Andover LPM-1 Laser Power Meter.

I also have the IL1400A from International Light, But that's a Professional Meter, so she probably won't like that one.  :-?

I don't think this has escalated that far yet, I realize how frustrated you are, and I am giving her the benefit of the doubt, but I highly doubt english is her first language, so its possible that its jsut a misunderstanding. Now if she flat out says your wrong(which she kinda has), then you should give her the link to this thread, and let her see all the bad publicity she is getting from this.

frogger said:
I don't think this has escalated that far yet, I realize how frustrated you are, and I am giving her the benefit of the doubt, but I highly doubt english is her first language, so its possible that its jsut a misunderstanding.  Now if she flat out says your wrong(which she kinda has), then you should give her the link to this thread, and let her see all the bad publicity she is getting from this.

I agree 100%... let her see what will (and has) happen if its not fixed right away :eek:

Thanks for your input frogger, she has been given this link and PM's along with those emails and a direct link in her original thread by myself and another person or two as to the problems.....I don't want to trash her thread, so I tried to keep what I said in her thread to a minimal, and others have posted there too.....in this thread that I started I'm just trying to tell it straight from the hip; I appreciate all comments here.

I'm simply bringing this out in the open to share with the members on here, sharing info on a Forum benefits us all; I know I've learned a lot on this and other forums over the years.....I used to lurk a lot here and there, before I registered; I think many people do that.

Heck I've done that on other Forums that I have as hobbies too, Lasers are not my only hobby; and I think that rings true with many others too.