Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Acebeam Laser Flashlight!!!

I hope a thread hasn’t been done on this yet since it’s brand new and not even out yet. I searched LPF for a thread but found nothing.
After being in the process of ordering a K30 from acebeam I found this!!!
Acebeam has a high Candela (cd) laser powered flashlight using a phosphor system similar to a projection unit I assume?
I’m really excited to see this flashlight come out!
300 lumens at 250,000cd intensity!? Insane.
I was gonna post this in the “off topic” Flashlight section but it really isn’t off topic if it’s a laser :)

W10 Throw 1000M|AceBeam®-Official Site

Last edited:

BobMc

Interesting Richie, kinda into flashlihlghts also, I’ll take a look/see. Sounds promising. :)

Last edited:
A 3 degree beam width is very tight for a flashlight, must be the advantage.

edit: wow, the price, 200 bucks, ouch, ouch, ouch.... but it does have a laser diode in it so i guess it won't be cheap. they call it a class 3B, i didn't know the classification rules for rating a laser applied to indirect driven incoherent generated outputs.

Last edited:

Encap

edit: wow, the price, 200 bucks, ouch, ouch, ouch.... but it does have a laser diode in it so i guess it won't be cheap. they call it a class 3B, i didn't know the classification rules for rating a laser applied to indirect driven incoherent generated outputs.

Yes the throw has to be the rationalization for the product -- a 3B laser is a 3B laser,5mW to 500mW, -it does not matter what what you use it for or how you use it--it is still a class 3B laser

300 lumens is not very bright a flashlights go --lumens being the measure of the total quantity of visible light emitted by a source and brightness (white light output) the total amount of light projected in lumens

Not sure what the 250,000cd is supposed to mean--maybe the laser output driving the phosphor/white light emitter

Last edited:
Yes the throw has to be the rationalization for the product --
300 lumens is not very bright a flashlights go --lumens being the measure of the total quantity of visible light emitted by a source and brightness (white light output) the total amount of light projected in lumens

Not sure what the 250,000cd is supposed to mean--maybe the laser output driving the phosphor/white light emitter

Yup, 300 lumens sounds really low..
Secondly, IIRC Wicked Lasers are offering same kind of setup with 65W and 100W versions starting with 2300 lumens. -But.. Those can be "China Lumens", I don't know.. :D :D

---

EDIT
Remembered wrongly only 500 lumens via phosphor
http://www.wickedlasers.com/phosforce

Last edited:
Chinese lumens are Lm X 10^4. No thanks at $200 for 300 Lm even if they come with nifty colored filters to add on the front. I have some inexpensive flashlights that do much better.

cd is a measure of luminous intensity.
Its basically the lumens contained within a certain angle.

I would really like to see the light up close. Very interested to see how they did it.

Interesting Richie, kinda into flashlihlghts also, I’ll take a look/see. Sounds promising. :)
Yeah it definitely sounds cool, I wonder who will be the first to tear one down lol
I wonder if theres any advantage to using a laser to excite phosphor over using a regular LED.
Hmmm that’s a good question. Maybe the efficiency is good since projectors use them over leds because of the efficiency and high energy concentration over leds due to coherence.

Very true, makes me also wonder What current it’s drivin to. I’m waiting for more details to emerge.

China lumens, LOL, so true.
Yeah 300 is awful low, especially for an intensity of 250Kcd
Chinese lumens are Lm X 10^4. No thanks at $200 for 300 Lm even if they come with nifty colored filters to add on the front. I have some inexpensive flashlights that do much better.
Surprisingly this Chinese brand is really good, I have a couple acebeams and they’re def not cheap like trustfire or brands similar to trustfire.
To be honest, some really good Chinese brands Are Nitecore, Klarus, Olight, and Thrunite.

Hmmmm...Something is wrong here...... an Acebeam K30 @5000 LM for $ 115.00 is a reality !!

Not sure the throw on the K30...but the beam shots look like a good central core...with some ancillary flood....and the battery status indicator is da schizz...gotta get one a dezz !!
It will be my first flashlight in a year !!

300LM What ???...and @ $ 200 ??? Is it a RGB White....with a massive Beam Expander.......Sheeeezzzz...just get a K30...waiting for a teardown !!

Beam Out

Edit 1..OK...went to the site....so....it is a class 3B....and the LD does power a phosphor system....Odd...cost must be driven up due 3 degree divergence.....and " Laser On Board "...what does 3 degree beam spread mean ???? 3000 mRad ??? What ????
Gotta due more homework !!!

I sure DO like the EC50 Gen III 3850 LM very small EDC....also on the New Product page !!!....Hmmmm....so....5000 LM vs 3850 LM !!! Our eyes cannot see the difference !!! Hmmmm...132 mm ...Small.....Now this one may be a better choice than the K30 !!! Good that I have not ordered the K30 yet.....although....the battery status indicator on the K30 seems really neat !!...ALWAYS...trade-offs !!!

Edit 2 OK....see here a conversion calculator for degree to mRad !!
http://www.conversioncenter.net/angle-conversion/from-degree-to-milliradian

So...if this converter is correct...3 Degree = 52.35 mRad...Wow.... Not exactly Laser like ??

More homework needed...what is the degree spread on the K30 ???

Edit 3 Hmmm...no degree metric on the K30 on the Acebeam website !!

Edit 4 Look here !!!

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho...K30-NW-review-w-measurements-(XHP70-2-3x18650)

Hmmm...looks like about 16 degree divergence on the K30 ????? SO...3 degree is superior to 16 degree....but...$ 200...Hmmmm ???

Last edited:
Thanks, CDBEAM. I now know more about these flashlights than I ever wanted to. That is a whole lotta light in a relatively small package. They could have done better with heat dissipation, though.

Well...GLAD you are so fascinated with the lowly FLASHLIGHT...first introduced in 1899....No...I was not around then !!!!

See here....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashlight#History

And...What is the Flashlight....Well...It is the Incoherent and Out of Phase Father of the Laser Pointer !!! HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Alas....The poor Flashlight....was the first...Photonic Pointer !!! Yes...it was !....SO....B4 you look down upon the poor Flashlight....remember my sage words !!! :wave::wave::wave::wave::eg::eg::eg::eg:

CDBEAM

Last edited:
When i was a kid, my cousin and I would go out into the farm fields and have fun with our Ashflash flash lights, they were junk compared to what we have today using inefficient incandescent lamps. I tried to find photo's or a video of this Acebeam W10 online, came up with nil, can't find anything.

I cant find one for sale anywhere, the main site has an order inquiry but not a buy it tab.

Yikes! CD, I had no idea you had such a kinky thing for flashlights. :eek: I had some of those crummy flashlights around in the 50s and 60s too. A tiny bit of light with huge carbon D cells. I was never excited by any of them, but in 1974 I saw a copy of the hologram "Kiss II" in the physics building of Lamar University and got very excited about those. Saw my first laser in 1964. Got very excited about it. Saw a ruby laser pop a big blue balloon from 40 feet away. Right before it popped it turned red. Saw the beam too. Yeah, those were good times!