Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A showcase of laser cases

Pman

Didn't really see anything specific on this so wanted to get some input/pics from our members.

I have a few cases but one in particular that is basically a standard locking hard case with the removable/adjustable foam where I keep my higher mw units or what I like to call "showpieces".

What I can't decide is how to arrange them. None of them use the same host and they range from 405mw to 650nm, 230mw to >2W, 10440 to 16550, + or - case, pen to handheld, side to bottom clicky etc... you get the point. In other words, they are just like most of you;)

So, any inputs/pics? I will not be storing any batteries seperately (and certainly not installed) in this case.

The first thing that I was thinking is heaviest to center and work my way out with pen types on horizontal above and below the larger units.

:undecided:

Thanks guys:yh:

Last edited:

DJNY

Re: Laser case storage configuration

That´s mine, paid $15 for the box and $5 for the convoluted foam

Blord

Ah nice, a showcase of laser cases. :)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/laser-case-beamshots-misty-weather-72083.html
case5.jpg

Harbor Freight Tools Case, spent like $20 for it.

IMG_0272-1_zpsab9d5f5b.jpg

Last edited:

Pman

That's the one I have for now (Harbour). Of course, it's so inexpensive I could get a couple more to mess with :)
I'm assuming that if you pull any of the foam blocks out, you really can't put them back in without them pulling out with the laser correct? One of the reasons I can't decide what to do especially since I have at least 4 units I'll be getting within the next month.

Great stuff guys. Hoping alot of members will post pics (I promise to at some point soon).

Last edited:

CDHDC

I have the same Harbor Freight case. I remove the smallest amount of blocks needed to fit the laser, so they have a nice snug fit. I then trim the foam blocks between 1/4 and 1/2 their original size, (depending on the size of the host to be placed in the foam) and place them back into their original location. That way the lasers still have plenty of padding underneath them and they fit snuggly, once the top layer of foam is placed over everything. That way there should be no worries about the lasers wiggling around. As far as how to arrange them, whatever looks good to you I guess. I prefer the bigger ones to either side with the smaller ones in the middle. No reason, it's just the way I like it. Merry Christmas!

- Corbin

p.s.

I'd include pics, but the only camera I currently have is my I-phone and the pics are too large to upload:(

Last edited:

Pman

K, hoping this works:) What I have so far....

p1010420sr.jpg
[/IMG]

p1010419n.jpg

p1010421o.jpg

p1010427dy.jpg

DJNY

That´s an impressive collection so far :beer:

Pman

Much thanks guys... really.
I have another laser case the same as the one you see here as I have many more units on the way (47 year old man can't help feeling excited awaiting my Blord custom steel build that has shipped).
The upper right has all of my rechargeable Lion and they are at least 2 layers deep. The empty spot on the right is for a couple more pan 18650b's that are on the way.
Case to the left top is all my "accessories" such as cases/holsters/chargers/lanyards/marbles/tripod etc....
Left front is Lion cr123's
2nd is Lion aaa's
3rd is Lion AA's
4th is Duracell ultralife AA's,9volts,type "N", some aaaa's, button cells and a lone 12v type 23a cell
5th is duracell ultralife aaa's
Bottom are all the safety glasses and at the top on the chair is an LPM
Thought I should be sharing some pics since I started this thread:)
There's a foam peice that goes between the laser case top and bottom. I haven't actually taken out any foam blocks yet because I haven't decided how to arrange really yet since I have other units on the way. Obviously I will be using the second case.

Was kind of hoping ALOT of our members would throw their pics into the mix. Maybe I should have started the thread differently (not stating it as a question but just a "showcase of cases" like Blord mentioned).
Wondering if I just don't have enough posts or REP yet (kind of embarrassed by this). Feel like it's hard to be taken seriously with so few of either.

Apreciate you all and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Last edited:

Pman

Is there a way to change the thread to "A showcase of laser cases" like Blord mentioned and not use the (?) so it sounds like a question?
I really like his way better and maybe ALOT more members would post...

Last edited:

wheedy

Where are you guys getting these cases and the foam? I need to get me one!

Blord

Is there a way to change the thread to "A showcase of laser cases" like Blord mentioned and not use the (?) so it sounds like a question?
I really like his way better and maybe ALOT more members would post...

Edit your first post and then use GO ADVANCEd button for more options like changing the title.

p1010419n.jpg

Is there a protective layer between the top half and the bottom half of the case ? The lasers could smash to each other in the closed case.

Last edited:

Pman

Harbour Freight has the laser case I used. I got one on sale for under 20 but I paid the regular price for the second one (think it was almost 30 bucks). You just don't see the other foam piece in the photo that goes between the top and bottom so you have a seperator. It is the same as you see in awillis2589 pic. It does come with 2 keys and I think you can get the case in silver also. Found it on their site. As you will notice it comes with a strap and also some dividers. You can remove the top section with all the straps/holders with one twist on the knob if you look at the pic. http://www.harborfreight.com/18-x-12-34-x-6-aluminum-case-69318.html
The other cases were from either Lowes or Wallymart in the fishing section. Love my Lion battery case as it is waterproof and can hold 2 or 3 layers of batteries (I put a seperator like foam insulation from packing inbetween the batteries). I believe that one came from Walmart. Might pick up a couple more of them so I don't have so many smaller cases. Planomolding 3740 is the case I have. It's also on Amazon for 11.54 with a prime account.

Last edited:

Pman

Updated cases for batteries. Found 2 more of the waterproof boxes so I was able to get rid of a few and make things simpler.
This is what I just finished shoveling at 3 AM (couldn't sleep). We got about 1.5' last night.

p1010430o.jpg

p1010433s.jpg

Last edited: