Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A shot of my 07E takin' down the full moon...

Gadget

The camera seems to have captured the correct color, too.

12147-07e-shootin-moon.jpg

I've done that with a NUBM44 and taken a photo, cool eh. This is my favourite color of blue, CDBEAM777 is building me a dichro combined green and blue laser pointer, will be wonderful and he's almost done.

diachi

I've done that with a NUBM44 and taken a photo, cool eh. This is my favourite color of blue, CDBEAM777 is building me a dichro combined green and blue laser pointer, will be wonderful and he's almost done.

If you get the balance right 532/445 mixed looks almost white. Guessing you're going for 520, but it should be similar. I think we were using 1W 532/2W 445, in fact that dual 445 I sold you was one of the modules we used in those projectors.

I still have that little unit diachi, really like it. That is one of the aspects of combining a 1 watt 520 and a 3 watt 450 nm (in the unit being built) I was going after, I want the beam to look more white than baby blue. I aimed a 520 and a 450 nm laser pointer on the same spot and saw that too, very white appearance.

IDK. I've been working with RGB lasers recently and the main problem is matching the divergence of the three. It is not a simple process as your beam gets further out, they tend to bleed out. I have wondered if there are three diodes that match divergence well enough to keep the bleeding from becoming noticeable. When they are in short distances it is not a big problem. Go out several hundred feet and it is a major distraction.

Hi,
Wow awesome beam shot G , Is the man in the moon wearing safety glasses ?? Beam shots always welcome buddy

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice aim, Gadget, you got that pesky man on the moon on the first try! :crackup:
I'll have to agree with Alaskan, that 07 beam is one of the nicest of all the blues.
:kewlpics:

IDK. I've been working with RGB lasers recently and the main problem is matching the divergence of the three. It is not a simple process as your beam gets further out, they tend to bleed out. I have wondered if there are three diodes that match divergence well enough to keep the bleeding from becoming noticeable. When they are in short distances it is not a big problem. Go out several hundred feet and it is a major distraction.

The divergance issue has me wondering how those new RGB's from Sanwu are going to look as the distance increases, or rather, just how far away can you maintain a fairly high quality beam.

Weird, I could not see the picture on any browser... but after logging in to ask "am I the only one that can't see the picture" it immediately displayed. Never had that sort of behavior on LSP before!

Radim

Nice glare. Just be careful with blue light. Here if you would had stayed with prolonged periods in glare unprotected your eyes got "older" (blue light hazard - cummulative effect).

BobMc

Very impressive beam shot. :gj:
Such a nice color!

+reps

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS