Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A presentation pointer that will make my friends jealous?

I've searched and read, but can't seem to quite find the answer to my specific question. I do production for meetings for a living. All the guys I work with have their own little green pointers. Some of them are fairly nice and right now I am using a crappy Radio Shack one. I want to get one that will show up the other guys. What's the brightest pointer that I can use to point at a projector screen during a presentation? Any suggestions for models or places to buy it?

The problem is, as you go to pointers more powerful than 5mW (typical radioshack) the dot of the laser really does become to bright to look at.

Stick to a 5mW green laser for meetings. If you want to make your friends jealous though, get yourself a nice 100mW green laser. Just bear in mind that you will also need goggles for it, for yourself and anyone you're showing it to... indoors.

The problem is, as you go to pointers more powerful than 5mW (typical radioshack) the dot of the laser really does become to bright to look at.

Stick to a 5mW green laser for meetings. If you want to make your friends jealous though, get yourself a nice 100mW green laser. Just bear in mind that you will also need goggles for it, for yourself and anyone you're showing it to... indoors.

Seems like a really big jump from 5mW to 100mW. Would a 30mW not do the trick?

People are pretty wowed by lasers that are other colors than green, I'm gonna side with Cyparagon for sure.

I was going to tell you to buy a 473nm (blue) pointer Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers

Or a 593.5nm (yellow) pointer Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers

But those are out of your price range. They will defiantly have wow factor alright... Especially yellow.

Anyway, I'd stick to what everyone else told you to do and buy a 405nm (purple) pointer because 30mw of green will not look much brighter. Just so you know... Most greenies labeled as <5mw are higher than 5mw.

Hope you can WOW your employee's! :beer:

DrSid

What about some RGB combo with sliders to have different color every time ? Including WHITE of course.
At 5mW of course ..

Ash

You can wow the fuck out of them with a mid-powered blue (445nm) laser.
Link
That one is 50mW so not safe to shine in the eyes (can cause permanent damage), but it will look about the same "brightness" as a low-powered (2-5mW) green (532nm) in a dark presentation room. :angel: