Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A Guide To Buying Your First Green Laser

Gun

Awesome guide with a lot of useful information, well done.

+1 Rep :)

I find it hard to believe (although I hasten to try for myself) how the human eye could actually take a 5mw laser direct to the eye! ..I have had a 1mW green laser pen pointed at mine last week and it near blacked me out..

very good , it is useful . it seems that i had hurt my eyes a lot, though i have a great laser make by good manufactory.

randomlugia,
Awesome thread, perfect timing considering I'm looking into buying a 300+mW 532nm for under 200$... I'm thinking of buying one from Skylaser now, due to reading some of the threads of mishaps with O-Like & Lazerer in the recent weeks.

my ~80mw green laser show a low red light instead of his green, laser diode is dead, isn't ?

Zeebit

The crystals that turn the dim red light to green are toast. Do not look at the red glow. It is infrared light from the laser diode and you could easily go blind by looking at it.

Pass1

Hey guys!

I never thought buying a green laser would be so difficult! I need one for a project, where I need to shine a pattern on the ground from 100m in the air (from a hexacopter) and be able to pick it up with a normal camera.

I have seen in the posts that a 800mw laser (hercules Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers ) is north of 5000$!

Can anyone suggest any other continuous lasers? Or lasers that can point be on for at least 10minutes, and work up to at least Celsius.

Thanks!

im look to buy two lasers, what web sight can you trust and get a good deal on also get good quality.

Thanks!

Awesome guide! Bogh a gren off ebay and like it bt want a high quality laser now and din't know whereto start unil I read this gude! Thans.

Perfect! I've knew just about Dragon lasers, DealExtreme, Budget Gadgets, and a few more... now I have from where to choose. +1 from me.:)

Last edited:
What companies sells IR certified green lasers, like i would want to buy a 100mW.. but only if it has IR filter, is there a list of what companies sells with them or?

Hello everybody

Can anyone tell me something about the EVO Green Laserpointer (100mW) from WickedLasers?
Is it as good as a Laserpointer from Laserglow Technologies or Optotronics?

Thanks for your answer!

Best wishes
NasserAlThani