Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A Guide To Buying Your First Green Laser

webvan: Do you work for wsdeal? If so, this is the wrong way to advertise your website. If not, it's frowned upon to appear to be advertising a company on your first post.

webvan

err...thanks for asking and...for the warm welcome, but absolutely not. I don't work for Ledshoppe either, but I'm surprised they're in the list since I couldn't find any reviews of individual products.

Ok, cool. Was just checking. We get a LOT of spam here so the question sort of had to be asked. I should have thought that accusation through a bit better, i guess.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay, remember to use the search bar when possible rather than starting a new thread and feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help.

webvan

Thanks. Still haven't ordered, need to get moving. I really want to replace the small red laser/white led and only wsd are the only ones to have it apparently, but for the green laser I'll check a few more reviews. Would it make sense to get a couple of 5mW to play with (pot modding down the line maybe) and a 50mW?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. As mentioned somewhere in the thread, the cheap 5mW ones are usually much more than 5mW - often up to 50mW. The reason for this is basically 5mW lasers are in more demand than others because of US laws, so the companies often stick >5mW ones into the 5mW bin. Don't be pointing it into anyone's faces on the assumption it's 5mW!

I would take that question somewhere else. Do a forum search and if nothing turns up, start a new thread in this section. It will get a lot more attention that way.

Lazerer needs to be added to "The Good" list. I think we all agree Max is the best costumer service around and Lazerer sell's good quality laser's with the added bonus of a LPM chart for an extra $5 no other company offers that :D

etalk

From profession side, this is a guide that lacks insight. But it is very helpful for normal laser pointer users to find guidance for buying a suitable laser and for using it safely.

It's not designed to be a guide for pros. It's designed for people who are new to lasers so they can understand the basics of choosing a laser and and be led away from the crappy companies and towards the better ones. But you could always suggest some improvements that would make it more useful.

Definitely got to add lazerer.com in there. I give them props. I just ordered a out of stock item and max replied (in a matter of hours) that he will put a cyber in there instead which is more expensive. Love the service I got from them. Hopefull it comes in a timely manner and is of good quality as I have heard about them.

Marcel

Hi all, I apologize in advance for my English. The
translated using Google translator.
I would like to ask you whether to buy a good laser
page Laser Pointers - Green, Red, Blue Lasers at Laserpointerpro.com. I want to buy a green laser with minimal
200mW power, but better would be 300mW. I want him to
invest more than $ 150. Would you recommend me
or any site with "cheaper", but quality
lasers. I want a laser that will be well resolved
cooling, preferably to be capable of continuous operation.
So I am thinking about a design and type of lamp would be good
was, if he had a lock on the key (but not required), but
surely it would be better to ostřitelný.

I would like to ask what your experience site http://handylaser.com ?
Specifically, the model took me there PGL-III-C-532, unfortunately I do not know the price.

Thank you very much for your response

Last edited:

Tasuja

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a high power laser more than 500mW, but I'm not looking to spend too much money 200$ would be really be pushing the limit. So far I've been considering dragonlasers, rayfoss, o-like and lazerer. I'm also thinking about how big the difference between different power outputs is in the 400-1000mW range?

EDIT:I've studied lasers a bit more now, and I'm wondering
1. Why aren't there many red lasers above 200mW?
2. What's better at distance burning 200mW red or higher power blue, up to a distance of about 10m/30 feet.

Last edited:

avojta

Hi,
I'm thinking about buying a new 5mW green laser. I previously bought a cheap one from Amazon and the risk didn't pay off - I'm not satisfied with it. I researched some of the better sites and have narrowed it down, but don't know which one to choose which would you pick out of these three?
1. LaserGlow ($50) - Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers
2. LED Shoppe ($10) - 532nm Green Laser Pointer Pen 5mW US$9.99 only
3. Optotronics ($30) - Optotronics Product Details
Obviosly LED Shoppe has the cheapest of the three but I'm not sure if I'd be getting as quality of a laser. Thanks for the input.
-Austin

I already answered your question. Stop PMing people with the same question, and stop making posts asking it to.