Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

A Guide To Buying Your First Green Laser

Robert46: You've bought HUNDREDS, but still consider yourself new? So... how much did they pay you to write that?

Also, why do you have an arse as your avatar pic? Whose arse is it? O___________________________O

Last edited:

Lol LaZeRz, calm down. Remove clothing on the lower half of your body, position yourself in front of a full-body mirror and look behind you and you'll see something similar. Don't see what the problem is, i'm just puzzled by why it's there.

Hey I am still new to this stuff as well but I have bought hundreds of lasers and if you are looking for a reasonable cheap to power ratio, Give budgetgadgets.com a look I have had pretty good luck receiving ajustable focus 100mw - 200mw greenie's that come with rechargable battery's.

I'm thinking you didn't read the guide either. I recommended a couple from BG, true I didn't elaborate but I did recommend them.

One tip, make sure whatever laser you get uses a rechargeable li-ion battery (ies). My first 150mW Greenie from Rayfoss uses 3 primary AAA batteries. It lasts like 5 min tops before dimming. and 30seconds of continuous run before dimming when the batteries are brand new.

x2 on that. I would look at something that uses an 18650, unless you need a really small laser.

Last edited:
No one paid me anything! Just a friendly insight to what I have learned the hard way. If you have the money and really want one that reads true on the power meter and includes the ir filter go for one from Nova I have a 200mw green and it is truely awesome.

I do not know. But from my experiance the pen style pointers vary so much in output the only way to be sure is use a power meter. I have bought some off of amazon .com that said they were 50mw but are more like 30mw. and they were shipped from the co. hde and they do not have a very good rep. hope this helps.

I will have a new power meter from LASERBEE that I will use to test the power of all the lasers I buy, And I will post my results on this forum as soon as I test them all, I will include where I bought them, How much I paid, how long it took to receive them as well as what I think about the item. I do not get paid to promote any items that I post about here.

well for $10 i wouldn't mind if wasn't that strong, but as long as its better than one of those generic <5mw ones, id be satisfied

Robert46: You haven't answered our most important question. Why the picture of an arse?

... if you look closely at "The Arse", it has a world map on it (?)

NOT that I look closely at arses! DON'T assume that! I don't "swing that way"! It's just that I noticed (at first) it was oddly colored. Like a big laserburn on an arse? Then I noticed that those were not burns, they were continents. An ARSE with continents.

Last edited:
Does this look legit? Its really cheap from what ive seen.
TRUE 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen $9.99 Free Shipping

Yep, go ahead, that's a highly recommended laser. People are getting the advertised outputs and more from theirs. Of course it's still a cheap laser, but it performs really well for the price.

NOT that I look closely at arses! DON'T assume that! I don't "swing that way"! It's just that I noticed (at first) it was oddly colored. Like a big laserburn on an arse? Then I noticed that those were not burns, they were continents. An ARSE with continents.

Dude, calm down we get it. :D It's supposed to look like a map, that's the whole point haha.

Last edited:
Well... if I ever go sailing, I will try to avoid the area around the 90 degree East meridian...

What was it they used to say? "Don't sail past this point... here there be dragons".

Maybe "dragons" was ancient sailor-speak for something else.

Last edited:
I live in australia...you should get a 1mW green laser just to be safe...Ive just ordered one off an australian astronomy site, it should arrive tommorow :D

Back