Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A Few Good Sleds...

You are welcome, t/y for letting me know it arrived... I got the pens from Myron as business promo items, took me a few seconds to figure out the light switch though... LOL! -Glenn

You are welcome, t/y for letting me know it arrived... I got the pens from Myron as business promo items, took me a few seconds to figure out the light switch though... LOL! -Glenn

lol i had the same thing, i was looking for a button :crackup:

Glenn,
If you have any left, I'll take one of each these sleds/diodes:

(1) BDR-SO6J
(1) LPC815
(1) 445 diode

pm me a total on what i owe

Thanks In Advance,
Tim ~ goldendragon

Hi Glenn

LOC arrived safe and sound, thanks again :beer:

I extracted the LOC ok but when removing the ribbon it left solder bridging all three pins and having probs getting them off, any tips would be appreciated

Last edited:

Helios

Hi Glenn

LOC arrived safe and sound, thanks again :beer:

I extracted the LOC ok but when removing the ribbon it left solder bridging all three pins and having probs getting them off, any tips would be appreciated

What I do is get a small piece of thick lower gauge wire and strip it and untwist the strands so they're straight. Then just touch the ends of the stands to the glob of solder and heat. Once it melts it will wick up into the wire and you can just remove the wire to expose clean pins.

There are also solder removal tools but ive never felt the need to purchase one.

rhd

My favorite approach is to get a glob of fresh solder on the end of your iron, quickly touch it onto all three pins, while using a thin xacto blade under the ribbon to raise it up and off, removing the solder with it.

Blord

You can cut the ribbon and remove it one by one. It just takes more time to remove it.

*Sigh* nothing seem to be working can't get the stuff off the base of the LOC :( I'll have to order one all ready harvested :cryyy:

I use those sharp tipped nail scissors to snip and the x-acto knifes to trim...

-Glenn

Helios

*Sigh* nothing seem to be working can't get the stuff off the base of the LOC :( I'll have to order one all ready harvested :cryyy:

how did solder get on the base? did you try what I suggested? The wire acts like a sponge and wicks up all the solder.

how did solder get on the base? did you try what I suggested? The wire acts like a sponge and wicks up all the solder.

The solder doesn't seem to want to melt, I tried to remove the ribbon with a small glob of solder and it just clinged to the pins somehow afterwards ??

i tried out one of the 12x's today, was a joy to get the diode out of its hs 2 twists and it popped out.
hooked it up to a flexdrive @ 490ma, aimed it at my lpm and i got a reading of 760mW!! really happy with it thnx again Glenn! :)

You are welcome! Folks, please let me know, if we need to do the GB here again? ;) -Glenn