Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

a box of disappointment

i was really excited to finally have the box that carried my 445nm 500mW blue laser from laserbtb, i opened the box and the laser was there, and a few keys for the safety. although there was one thing i thought was weird... there was no battery's in the box, no battery's at all.

does anyone else have experience with laserbtb, because this is honestly extremely disappointing

IsaacT

a lot of companies do not ship batteries with their lasers because it is against customs rules to import lasers. if the batteries are in the shipping box then customs can figure out that it is a laser.

What Isaac is saying is that you should be very grateful that laserbtb has looked after you very well by making sure that your laser did not get confiscated by customs. Li-ion batteries can catch fire or even explode and are not permitted to be shipped by Air.
Enjoy your New Laser! :D

PS: I do understand though your disappointment at not being able to use your new laser yet.

Last edited:
laserbtb dont ship batteries man... its illegal now. You can find it in their terms they always only ship a charger but even those are crap.

Last edited:
Awesome, confirmation that Laserbtb is still shipping! They did say that they don't ship lasers over 500mW to the U.S. due to FDA regulations though.. Anyone else ordered a 1W from Laserbtb to the U.S.?

What's wrong with the charger? My two are great.

they seem of worst quality, i cant imagine they are any good at all, much like buying good batteries you should have a better charger then that crap, i asume its the universal one that u can find on ebay for like 2$ ? i dont call that good stuff.

"they seem of worst quality" isn't really an argument...

The rating claims 600mAh but this is very likely split between the two charging prongs, delivering 300mAh to each battery. This is about right as my 16340s and 18350s, which are a little more than 600mA, take around 3 hours to fully charge. So aside from a tiny bit of Chinese optimism on the ratings it does what it says it will and neither has fallen apart or blown up on me yet. It's not an intelligent charger but it's fine for what it needs to do.

These chargers are certainly no worse than the average camera/camcorder battery charger from china, that comes out of the box with various consumer products.

Last edited:
Those cheap generic chargers don't have any safety feature. I've seen claims of batteries exploding in them. They can easily over charge your battery, then it blows when you go to use it.

Would the batteries ever exceed 4.2volts if they were being overcharged? Because every time I've metered them coming off the charger they were at 4.2 and this is with the light just going green.

Still they are garbage to me, loading batteries better be safe with a charger of better quality.

Roam

I believe it's illegal to post batteries, whenever I'm sending a shipment I'm asked whether it contains any batteries.

It is, i read that post in china they x-ray scan all packages that go on flights..

i was really excited to finally have the box that carried my 445nm 500mW blue laser from laserbtb, i opened the box and the laser was there, and a few keys for the safety. although there was one thing i thought was weird... there was no battery's in the box, no battery's at all.

does anyone else have experience with laserbtb, because this is honestly extremely disappointing

DUH!! you don't even know when someone is doing you a favor--
Its NOT smart to ever send or receive a laser shipped with the battery-
This s NOT something new here- I am pissed off when a battery IS sent to me with laser- I request those selling WITH a free battery to KEEP IT.
its not worth the added risk - USPS has banned ALmost all Li-ion batts-
UPS does not like them nor DHL or others- ATM AFAIK the choice in the USA is limited to Fed Ex-

Think of this like sending a firearm that is loaded. BAD IDEA--

besides very few send good batteries anyway- cheapies that do not hold a good charge for long--your other choices are at a battery store like LightHound or a web store that sells li-ions like Battery Junction- LarryDFW a trusted vet here sells them also.

you should be thanking them for NOT sending IMHO-

hak********

I made the above post w/o reading all who replied but still the posts and advice are sound- its also NOT too wise to ever use those cheap chargers- and those that do, who are smart, place the charger in a place that will not catch fire if and when they explode- get a nitecore charger from csshih they are so much safer and better too- You can even leave batts stored in one with no fear-- only an uneducated fool would store batts in a plugged -in cheap charger-

Off topic--

Any reason you came here for help but did not think that perhaps your first post should be an intro of yourself like most do in the WELCOME section-///??

also How do you expect to get good advice if you never put your location in your profile -fool.
There are many different rules/laws etc depending upon your location-- and its only common good manners to introduce yourself before ranting here--and expecting help- very poor start here at LPF. If you are unsure just read the intros made by others- not yet too late to make a good first impression--

please and thank you would have been nice too--

to get respect you need to give it--

hak's dos centavos solo

Last edited:

ARG

Some country's have laws against shipping batteries. The easiest way around this is just to not ship batteries with the product.

Disappointing? Yes, but it is justified.