Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

9mm 445nm diodes

jakeGT

They did a good job. I have one of these new same diodes. We haven't tested then thouroughly enough to know anything. Only one person has even fired one of these up as of yet

rhd

They did a good job. I have one of these new same diodes. We haven't tested then thouroughly enough to know anything. Only one person has even fired one of these up as of yet

Although I was pretty cool to see it hit almost 3W.

jakeGT

HAHA!
It was even cooler to heat the diode up and shift the wavelength to 473nm. 1W of 473 was really cool for the first time

DTR

I second that question! :bumpit: Are disassembly pics over there? :pop:

Yes there are but if they were posted in this thread the whole thread would be deleted. That is why it was not posted in the open forum.;)

thanks for the posts in the thread. Just destroyed my first M One Hundred Forty. a bit trickier to take apart with those new screws but eventually got er. diodes look the same as previous versions

I would guess that you know that this thread is 5 months
old and we already know that those M projector heads are
harder to undo and that we also already know the LDs are
5.6mm....:whistle:

Jerry

I would guess that you know that this thread is 5 months
old and we already know that those M projector heads are
harder to undo and that we also already know the LDs are
5.6mm....:whistle:

Jerry

Yeah I saw it's old, regardless though wanted to say thanks. But the other stuff no I didn't know. Haven't been surfing LPF for a while. Was trying to buy more of the A series and having difficulties as the manufacturer has stopped making them and recalled them. Lots of ppl were selling them but then after I bought lots of them they'd say they can't sell them as they have to send them back. I bought up all of eBay and Amazon.. not sure where else to buy them.

-Kendall

Yeah Kendal the A series seems to have dried up... or at
least is next to impossible to get a hold of.

Jerry

Garoq

It's still showing on their company store and you can add it to the shopping cart, so I doubt it's been discontinued. However, it does show as being "out of stock".

Last edited:

DTR

I am just switching over to the M140's for now. They are about $85 more than the A140 but at least I won't run out.:D

The only other option is to try and get some of the replacement A140 arrays that have been popping up but it appears at least until I can test one to be sure that they are the lowest binned arrays out there even lower than the A130's. I can see a lot of sellers coming out with low prices on these diodes not telling their buyers that they are very low efficiency diodes. Or even worse than that keeping the price the same.:tsk:

Last edited: