Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$90 Laser Engraver Kit?

rhd

Wow -- I got a lot of download stuff but no schematic.
I did a similar download for something else today and it
trashed my business computer. Do you have a simple PDF file?
PM is OK.
If a v5 will accept pulse, I'm OK with that if I can find a
TTL input.
I still need to know if I can "flip" the X drive by reversing
the white and yellow drive wires.
HMike

I'm having fun slowly burning stuff. Some of my pictures load and burn!

Link still works fine for me. It's just a zip file. I'd upload it to LPF, but zip uploads were disabled a while ago.

Anyway, I just tested the link in my previous post, and it still works.

I tried a download but my virus scanner detects
a mal"""" something and I stop it. Is this mal***
program OK ??

Update-- I downloaded it but I cant open ,SCH or .BRD files.
I just get pages of numbers etc.
HMike

Can the x drive be reversed by switching the white and yellow wires
to the motor?

Last edited:
I tried to open with free file viewer but all I get is
machine code. Looks like I'll use a P3 driver since
I have one here now.
What wires to the stepper motor do I reverse the direction?
These motors have 4 wires, What do I need to reverse??
Thanks -- HMike

Last edited:
This is nice!! I can download clipart line drawings, Reduce to ~1000x1000 Pixels and then load into the laser program and burn. I admit that it's simple but that's me!!!
I'm not a computer geek............ The DTR lens is super and I'm building a ~1 W Blu for this "toy".
HMike

Do I need to reverse all wires to reverse the direction of the X drive servo ?

Last edited:
I have a 9mm Blu mounted and I'm setting up a P3 driver.
The laser will be mounted on 22 ga steel using the magnets
on the sled. Now to get rid of the smoke !!!!
HMike

I have built my magnetic platton for this and it is stable
and repeatable for multi pass.
Has anyone been able to create an NC file in this program?
I've had limited success with the instructions provided.
ALSO -- How do I reverse the X drive from L-R to R-L ?
Do I reverse the White/Yellow wires or all of them?
HMike

I just left AixiZ Laser and while there I saw a mini 300mW 405 engraver-not listed yet.
we had no free time to mess w/ it- so i know nothing- there are lots of them on-line and for sure some look way too cheap- flimsy and I read of issues w/ the soft- AixiZ assures me thier soft will work fine-
I did see one on-line that had a very sturdy looking black frame that covered the entire engraver...and they mentioned that it has LOTS of real screws. - it was IIRC a little over 100$-- there is also a thread on this topic at the lasershow forum--

rhd

I just left AixiZ Laser and while there I saw a mini 300mW 405 engraver-not listed yet.
we had no free time to mess w/ it- so i know nothing- there are lots of them on-line and for sure some look way too cheap- flimsy and I read of issues w/ the soft- AixiZ assures me thier soft will work fine-
I did see one on-line that had a very sturdy looking black frame that covered the entire engraver...and they mentioned that it has LOTS of real screws. - it was IIRC a little over 100$-- there is also a thread on this topic at the lasershow forum--

To be frank, this isn't a 3D printer, and I think it would be misguided, or at least unnecessary, to criticize the acrylic frame of the cheaper models. These parts weigh very little, the speeds are slow, and the acrylic frame is substantially sturdier than it needs to be. I cannot imagine that anything is gained by upgrading the housing, while still using the same basic components (two recycled optical drive mechanisms).

Hmm, but is it a bad price for the upgrade to 300mW, assuming that really is "Truly" 300mW as per the description?

Not sure if this was shared, I discovered a instructables where it shows instructions to make laser engraver like this. Best of all, the price is less than $30.

Last edited:
Actually, they finally got me a copy of the software, and it's not bad.

I don't have the engraver yet, so I'm only judging the interface, but it's better than I expected. It seems to handle random image types fairly well, has really simple options for choosing how to dither them, etc. It has sliders for burn time and pixel size, and seems to have a tab for importing G Code directly.

I'm pleasantly surprised. It's better than I expected. Although the software humorously uses the phrase "Larser" instead of "Laser" throughout the interface, it's otherwise pretty good as far as translated interfaces go.

Plus, I kind of like "larser". Something whimsical about it.

Thats funny i just emailed them about that XD